Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a second family car, which one?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Up to now we've been a one car family (which has been a great money saver) but work pressures mean that I'll need to be looking at getting a small runabout for my own use sometime in the new year. We've got two young children and I'll probably need to do the odd pick-up from the creche etc but mostly it's just going to be me in the car. It'll be predominantly short trips with the ocassional longer trip but I expect annual mileage to be well short of 8000 miles. I'm thinking of a small hatchback, 1.4l petrol (max) and my budget is 6- 8k at most, what would you recommend in terms of reliability and value for money. I'm not a badge snob but I probably wouldn't want to be seen in a micra (I'm a bloke!):D. Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement