Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[request] Playstation 3 Dublin

• 26-11-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Whats the best shops in Dublin to get a deal for the PS3?
    Dont really mind about the 40gb/60gb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

powercity have 40gb version for 400e or 375e with online discount

xtravision 440e for 40gb with bluray movie & vouchers

no idea how these compare to elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

thanks

the powercity online deal sounds great the only problem is that its powercity....

anything i get from that place ceases to work a short time after i buy it - even a tv cable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've heard Harvey Norman are doing 40GB PS3 + 2 chart games + extra controller for €459.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The harvey norman offer is good.The great thing is that its ANY 2 games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

ongarite wrote: »
    I've heard Harvey Norman are doing 40GB PS3 + 2 chart games + extra controller for €459.

Its a great deal...I got pro evo 08 and assissans creed as the 2 games and you get spiderman 3 on blu ray with it too + extra controller..

They didnt have the offer in limerick,but I told them cork had the offer and they gave it to me...

I dont think there's a better deal out there

• Advertisement

sounds a good deal alright.

just after finding out that the 40gb wont allow you play PS2 games (which i dunno is that a big deal cos he hasnt got any PS2 games)

What price are the 60gbs going at or am i mad thinkin or buying it when my BF hasnt got any PS2 games to begin with?

Anyone else know of any bundle deals or good deals for the PS3??

anyone seen any good deals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

DL,
    If your just looking for the machine, then power city is the best bet, everywhere else is selling for 399 price.
    Different retailers may have different bundle.Really depends on what you want.
    To me the Harvey norman offer is the best available, any 2 games+extra controller for 459!!!
    I got mine for son in Smyths last month and that was with Ratchet & Clank+Lego star wars+extra controller for 499 and I thought that was a good price!
    Any bundles I've seen with 60GB machine include mostly older games(genji/resistance fall of men...etc-although I believe Heavenly Sword is an option with some). Second hand PS2 must be pretty cheap these days anyway if you do want to play PS2 games.

JackieChan wrote: »
    DL,
    If your just looking for the machine, then power city is the best bet, everywhere else is selling for 399 price.
    Different retailers may have different bundle.Really depends on what you want.
    To me the Harvey norman offer is the best available, any 2 games+extra controller for 459!!!
    I got mine for son in Smyths last month and that was with Ratchet & Clank+Lego star wars+extra controller for 499 and I thought that was a good price!
    Any bundles I've seen with 60GB machine include mostly older games(genji/resistance fall of men...etc-although I believe Heavenly Sword is an option with some). Second hand PS2 must be pretty cheap these days anyway if you do want to play PS2 games.

The Powercity deal sounds ok but i have bad experience with Powerscity - everything i buy with them f*cks up!!
    The Harvey Norman deal sounds good also, but it seems that not all harvey norman stores are doing it!!
    The problem with the bundle deals is that the games are sh*t!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

i would doubt if you would find a 60 gig ps3 anywere, they have discontinued them a few weeks back & i hear from smyths and xtra visio when there gone there gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Its a great deal...I got pro evo 08 and assissans creed as the 2 games and you get spiderman 3 on blu ray with it too + extra controller..

They didnt have the offer in limerick,but I told them cork had the offer and they gave it to me...

I dont think there's a better deal out there

Which Harvey Normans are doing this? Rang a few, but no joy and need to get one for the weekend. In Dublin/ Kildare area but would travel for a bargain!!

Are dundalk or drogheda doing this deal??

Do the dundalk or drogheda stores stock the 60gb consoles??

60gb's not available in Harvey Norman stores anymore. Was asking bout them.
    €499 gets Console(40gb), extra controller, spiderman 3 - blu ray, Asassins creed and another game. Not bad at all IMO!

hmmmm... thats not bad but just after ringing the dundalk store and they arent doing that bundle...

Just 40Gb Console + Spiderman 3 BluRay for €400, add an extra console (€50) and 2 Games (€56 each) thats €562, not such a good deal now

Anyone know of any good deals in the shops??

I was in Naas and they weren't doing the deal either. When i said about the store in Blanch (i think) doing it they said no problem. It seems if you say one store is doing it they will match it. Worth a try..

hey,

Does anyone know of good deals/bundles for the Playstation 3??

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Please use your other thread for the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jobaen0000

I got a good deal on playststion 3 in Virgin Megastores in Kilkenny so im sure its the same in all their stares. I got a 40gb console and any 3 chart games and an extra six axis control for 525 euros. Tried a good few places and i got to pick the games myself. Wouldnt normally buy there normally get games in gamestop but their deals were not as good as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jobaen0000

I got the 40gb console and any 3 chart games and an extra six axis control for 525 euros in Virgin Megastores today. Happy Days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Thought I'd bump this instead of making a new thread. Anyone know where the best deals/bundles for the ps3 are at the moment?

Advertisement