Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a case from scratch by yourself alone...

Options
  • 26-11-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Well lads been thinking about this for a while now. I think it would be a worth while project eventually but for now i just thought i'd throw it out to you guys to see what you think or what your ideas would be on your ideal case. When i say this i dont mean for you to pick from all the cases you can buy i mean "if you could build your own". To give it some scope too i also dont mean for you to paste links to all these crazy ass mods that are out there either.

i'll post up my ideas soon as i get something drawn up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive made a cardboard box case before :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

you must sacrifice an old atx case to the gods!

So that stuff fits.......

Putting a PC in a suitcase is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

this is my first draft excuse the crudeness but i think it shows the idea. it would be two compartments an upper for the mobo and everything that's attached to it and lower to house the disk drives PSU and possibly cooling.
    i think the realy handy thing would be side access and the lid for al the fiddling about and changin that you know you're goin to do. and also the top compartment would be hinged so it could swing up to allow access to... well.. the lower compartment.
    48051.JPG

I have an old ATX case, big gloriuos beige jobby very pretty. i'd scavange/sacrifice that for the mobo tray and posibly drive bays.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i like the open top style.

would the motherboard need to be upside down? as when you life the motherboard on the hinge, the graphics card, cpu, ram etc would hit off the side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

well the whole upper section would lift up including the sides and all the wiring would come up from the right as you look at, so it wouldn't get in the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement