Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castledermot

Options
  • 26-11-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Heard a rumour that the roadworks in Castledermot were finally finishing up this week.:eek: Suerly not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

pd101 wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that the roadworks in Castledermot were finally finishing up this week.:eek: Suerly not?

I heard they were trying to get Castledermot into the Guinness Book of Records for the world's longest running roadworks.

I first lived in Dublin in 1991, and I remember the roadworks then. Moved to England in 1996, but any time I came home via Dublin airport, I remember remarking "hmmm, still doing the roadworks here...?"

Moved back to Ireland in late 1997, worked in Dublin for two years... gradually stopped noticing that there were roadworks in Castledermot.

Started working in Dublin in 2000, stayed until late 2006. Now that I think about it, there were roadworks in Castledermot throughout that time too...

Saw on AA Roadwatch a week ago: "Roadworks in Castledermot". Sort of ignored it, since it's as much as a fixture as "bumper-to-bumper approaching the Red Cow Roundabout" or "Click here for AA Car Insurance".

Yesterday, drove through Castledermot... signs for roadworks everywhere, sort of like the signs for Dublin and Carlow, part of the N9 scenery.

Now you're saying they're finishing? You know, I think we'll miss them, even though we didn't appreciate them while they lasted... sort of like Charlie Haughey, the Punt, or, eh... Live at Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

pd101 wrote: »

The (in)famous Castledermot roadworks are back again:rolleyes: Contraflow at the lights and works to the new roundabout on the Carlow side.

Saabdub

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Presumably this nonsense will all finally be over once the new N9 is ready? Then there won't be much traffic on the town's streets to plough up the surface.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there an actual reason for the constant roadworks in Castledermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Bards

kbannon wrote: »
    Is there an actual reason for the constant roadworks in Castledermot?

they're obviously keeping sombody in employment:D

• Advertisement

spacetweek wrote: »
    Presumably this nonsense will all finally be over once the new N9 is ready? Then there won't be much traffic on the town's streets to plough up the surface.

I don't know, how long before the N9 has to be resurfaced:D

Saabdub

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

spacetweek wrote: »

It's gona probably get worse before it gets better..the new N9 Carlow bypass ends just before Castledermot, while we wait for the link between there and Kilcullen to be finished..so for the next two or so years at least all the traffic will come flying into Castledermot, possibly worse than at present

mfitzy wrote: »
    It's gona probably get worse before it gets better..the new N9 Carlow bypass ends just before Castledermot, while we wait for the link between there and Kilcullen to be finished..so for the next two or so years at least all the traffic will come flying into Castledermot, possibly worse than at present

Yea, and then into the radar of the speedtrap on the Moone Bypass:rolleyes:

Saabdub

Advertisement