Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling ALL Vodafone "Unlimited" data plan users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

As you know 6digitnumber, I too am leaving, not because of this but because I need a service that has low pings for VOIP.

The best outcome for Voda out of ths is for us to move to the 5Gb cap, but to be honest I dont think they are that bothered about us leaving.

They are a massive company and you would imagine they looked at all out comes of this.

As I said I am leaving but I wouldnt mind making it hard for them in the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Hi folks, just wanted to confirm, is this now happening for Everyone who goes over 5 gigs on the Unlimited plan? Regardless of how long you are with them or location?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

seems so.... also seems like they allow a little over 5Gb before cutting off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

was in vodafone shop yesterday and asked the guy there and he said it's a 5gig limit and you get charged 2cents per mb over that. if you hit 10gb in the month you get cut off.

i haven't read all this thread but are people getting cut off just for going over 5gb?

superweld wrote: »
    was in vodafone shop yesterday and asked the guy there and he said it's a 5gig limit and you get charged 2cents per mb over that. if you hit 10gb in the month you get cut off.

i haven't read all this thread but are people getting cut off just for going over 5gb?

2 different things superweld..... I know it's a long thread but mabe read the first post and it will help...

Vodafone offered an unlimited package when they brought out this service first and a relatively small number of us signed up to it... Vodafone are now cutting us "UNLIMITED" customers off when we cross 5Gb

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

They should be taken to court for flase advertising, "unlimited" means just that...then they add in "fair usage"?....what does that mean?, who defines fair usage?, by it's very definition unlimited means you should be allowed to download hundreads of gigs and not be charged....they are selling these products under the unlimited monicker...it's blatant false advertising!

Ok guys lets et the ball rolling... I have Pmed gods kitchen....

also how many of you have still got or can get your original contracts? this might be of some help to compare and see if they are the same.. Although according to mine it's a bit of a blank document as it says Vodafone have the right to change thier T&C's at any stage without notice!

I can dig mine out tomorrow. What points are you looking to compare?

mainly for anoyhting about fair useage /cap/Gb charge... you'll know of you see it.... min has one line.... subject to fair useage policy.... no other mention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

I cancelled my conract with them by email. I told them that I do not expect to have to give 28 days notice as they had effectively terminated my contract and not me. They have agreed to this and I will only be billed up to the day of termination, which is today 8th December, I will be refunded for my last bill as I was charged up until the 12th December.

So looks like that is some kind of concession that they have breached the terms of the contract and not me, otherwise I'm sure they would insist on their 28 days notice.

• Advertisement

update on mine..... As posted earlier I was disconnected when i hit 5Mb earlier in the month and conected me again and now I'm up to 16.5 Mb and have not got disconnected since... I'll update when I do

this is interesting 22.5Gb this month and heard nothign since they reconnected me last time.....

I hope when they reconnected you they didnt swith you over to their capped 5Gb service like they did with me.

I hope when they reconnected you they didnt swith you over to their capped 5Gb service like they did with me.

:eek:

hope not.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

what would I get for 5gb?
    like how many films,etc?

emmemm wrote: »
    what would I get for 5gb?
    like how many films,etc?

Depending on size, if you are talking divx, then 6/7 films, depending on how they are encoded. Maybe as little as 3 films if it has a Dolby Digital sound track.

If you are talking about an image of a dvd then you wont even get one film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FarSide

Macspower wrote: »
    update on mine..... As posted earlier I was disconnected when i hit 5Mb earlier in the month and conected me again and now I'm up to 16.5 Mb and have not got disconnected since... I'll update when I do

They disconnected me about 3 weeks ago and Tech Support simply re-enabled me, saying it was a glitch at their end, no mention of going over quota. I thought nothing more of it at the time - perhaps it was true.
    Then last week the '619' error came up again. Tech Support this time informed me I'd gone over the 5GB limit and it would cost me 20Eu/GB to reconnect me. Since I only had a few days left of the current billing period, I agreed, under protest, to go with that.

Bstards, the lot of them. Fking ungrateful b'stards too, since I'd been extolling the virtues of Vodafone to all and sundry for the past year and a bit as a good BB solution for many people I know living in the sticks. Well, the past year has seen other rural wireless BB providers springing up, so I will not be promoting Vf to anyone any more.

FERITE.

You need to demand that €20 back!

Making you pay extra for a service you already pay for.

Its clear now that vodafone are taking the piss.

Farside, Email them, request that they null and void your contract since they are no longer willing to honour the terms of the contract you and the rest of us signed 12 months ago. That way you shouldnt have to give any 28 days notice, then go get yourself the o2 service. It's faster, more reliable, and you get 10Gb officially, but they will allow more subject to fair usage. If you do the dog on it they wont bill you for it but rather warn you that if you continue to exceed their fair usuage you will have to pay extra, so no nasty surprises in your bill. Everyone should walk from Vodafone, they offer a below par service and treat their customers like crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FarSide

Depending on size, if you are talking divx, then 6/7 films, depending on how they are encoded. Maybe as little as 3 films if it has a Dolby Digital sound track.

If you are talking about an image of a dvd then you wont even get one film

Half that, since they count data up as well as down if p2p is involved.

Further to my last post - I'll be contacting O2 asap, by the look of it. I've been paying 50eu/mth for the past several years, first with Eircom+Esat NoLimits, then with Vf, so if O2 are the same or less cost (and a higher limit), I'll be happy enough.

• Advertisement

disconected at 17.2Mb.... update after I get another uninformed staff member

Macspower wrote: »
    disconected at 17.2Mb.... update after I get another uninformed staff member

Yep, get prepared to bang your head against a brick wall. Let us know how it goes

well tonights donk cant tell me why I'm disconnected and the "system" wont let him reconnect me.... he thinks maybe my bill wasn't paid..... lol

Sorry for the delay, found my contract, no 5gig cap mentioned. Rather petty
    on vodafones part I would say. Its not like a few rural customers are bringing down their enitre network.

Like a previous poster, I have been recommending this service to anyone I knew living in rural locations or without an enabled exchange. Not any more.

On hold for data support now for 45 mins.......

Ok got through eventually.... conversation as follows...

Hi there blah blah......
    I have error 619 showing on my laptop and cant connect....
    1 sec I havn't seen that one before..... please remove your datacard from laptop and turn off the software.... OK I'm going to reset your connection there now.....
    Can you try that again for me please.......

OK I'm connected now...... any idea what the problem was?

Not really sure... seems like it just needed resetting... andyway your ok now? is there anything else I can help you with?

No thanks for your help....

And I'm up and running again....... madness or what.....

Lol! Its almost like they dare not speak its name. "We are limiting youre Unlimited service." Somewhat spineless, No? Im not on HSDPA myself but a mere 5gigs can be eaten up in no time. Even Skype racks up the usage.

wonder are they U turning? cut you off to stop you in the middle of a big dowload and then reconnect without telling you why when you phone up.......

Interesting that the last 2 times Fair Useage hasn't been mentioned to me.... previous to that it was all that had ont he tip of their tongue...... maybe just hit an unsuspecting staff member.....

anyway always wanted to see if I could get to 50gb on a mobile card in a month ;) Here goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Anyone jump ship? I got cut off with no notice at the end of December. Rang them up, was told I had exceeded my 5Gb cap. Signed up with 3 that day, faster, cheaper and 10gb/month.
    Sim works with my Vodafone PC card and router. No more bittorrents tho' :|

Yes I canceled my contract, have FWA now which is so much better.

As for no more torrents.............learn how to use Newsgroups, no uploading either so you will be able to keep tabs on your cap.

• Advertisement

Yep, got disconnected yesterday. So I got them to reconnect only to mention of any reason only my Sim had to be initialised. I phoned Eircom later in the day(pretty bad state of affairs when you have to go to that shower). They confirmed my line would be able to carry BB. My contract is almost up and I'll have no problem leaving Vodafone.

Advertisement