Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia breeding bitterness amongst gamers?!

Options
  • 26-11-2007 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Is it my imagination or are current 8800GTS/GTX owners bitter about the new card releases from Nvidia?

I mean there was a GTX on Ebay.ie (for those who dont know the specs,this card is from last year and has the old G80 chip installed as opposed to the new G91).
    I mean these cards are flippin huge take up 2 slots and must raise the temp in the case double!

The guy had a starting bid of €360 for a used one!.Was he havin a laugh?
    I being nice to him said listen i'll offer you €260 (the same price as a new 8800GT).
    he wasnt havin any of it:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

well i suppose some people think a gtx is a gtx..... how do i tell what chip is in my one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

This program should do it for you.
    http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

Cheers

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1584#download

No need to register with this link;)

ah **** its only the poxi g80, ah well at least i got it for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

I really don't get this thread? An 8800GTX is still the best card available (well bar the ultra..). There is no high end G92 based card just the GT and soon a new GTS...

• Advertisement

nibble wrote: »
    There is no high end G92 based card just the GT and soon a new GTS...

and there after a GTX.

I was just sharing an experience I had with someone trying to sell a used GTX for €360.

Its not so much his asking price that was disturbing its the fact that reality hasnt quite hit him yet.
    In technological circles 1 year is a very long time,and the current GTX with all its bells and whistles is now pretty much old technology.
    Nvidia in my opinion has shafted anyone whos paid over €300 for a video card in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

/me Hugz his ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I don't think thats a fair way of looking at it. Both companies have always had extremely expensive cards offering top performance propped up by a mish-mash of sub-par cards for low prices.

Should we not be praising Nvidia for offering a superb card at a fantastic price? (well, maybe when supply catches up with demand and we get the cheaper prices promised!).

Plenty of people paid over €400 for GFX cards and were quite happy at what they were getting, its only now with the GT that we somehow think we were being shafted. But hindsight being what it is, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

I'm not bitter at all - I love my 640GTS OC - plays anything I throw at it at the minute at 1650. And will do for a year. Or if nVidia throw out a world beater in the next 3 months, I can use EVGA's step up program. So im not bitter about the new cards - I am however bitter about stock levels as I wanted to buy a GT recently.

I suppose if you look at the bigger picture Nvidia had to come out with a reasonably priced card as they where facing the prospect of the PS3 being released and also many people converting to the Xbox to play games.

Its just business at the end of the day.Nothing personal.

Enjoy the games whatever you own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement