Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions league and why ?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

pick a game and tell us why you are backing a certain result.
    no 12-fold accumalatoors , its like pinning the tail on the donkey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

i think man utd are home bankers tonight to win, left ronaldo out on sat and vidic is also due to start, fergie wants to top d group and as always will be smarting after losing on sat to bolton. nani and ronaldo facing their old club so they will want to do well. i will wait until i see the starting 11 but at best price 1/2 would be worth wading in on.

also cska moscow at home to psv would be worth a few quid on the paddypower draw no bet market(have no idea of the price because can access PP at work) but reckon u cud get 8/15 on this, cska are strong being unlucky to lose to inter on both occassions and have firepower up front with wagner love, this is essentially the uefa cup playoff place as they have to play each other home and away the next 2 games. psv recently sacked their coach and moscow is pretty cold this time of year.....cud be a draw but fancy cska not to lose.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sevilla 11/10 or Sevilla Draw No Bet 1/2 or Sevilla & Draw 1/4. Basically can't see Arsenal taking the points over in Spain as they're bringing the Carling Cup kids over to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

What are people's thoughts on Shakhtar Donetsk later tonight? I have a sneaking suspicion they may grab all 3 points. Best price I've seen so far is 10/3? Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Sevilla and United both winning coming from behind.
    My tip is to put the house car children and pets on Liverpool tonight.
    With all the pro Rafa support from the fans and the fact that they basically must win,
    I can see this one being won quite convincingly.
    Prediction at least 2-0.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mike, I hope you are right - I put them in my accum for tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

raheny red wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Shakhtar Donetsk later tonight? I have a sneaking suspicion they may grab all 3 points. Best price I've seen so far is 10/3? Any thoughts?

Wouldnt put too much on this tbh, far better teams than shaktar have been to parkhead in the past on european nights and left empty handed, they will play for a draw and be delighted if they can get a point, imo Celtic will sneak it one nil, i know its a cliche and records are there to be broken but their home record is just phenomenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

I've no house, car, children or pets but I'm gonna wade in on Liverpool tonight. Unfortunately I don't have Betfair either so it's going to be:

9 points Liverpool 4/9
    4 points Liverpool -1 13/10

With Mr. P Power.

Edit: Think this is a cracking bet. Going to go 18 points and 8. Which is just about a max bet for me. Profit of 18.4 points if Liverpool win by more than 1. No profit or loss if they win by a single goal. Fairly fcuked if they don't win!

Good luck to one and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I can't help but think the CL fixtures are a gambling minefield tonight.

How's about Blackburn v Villa - Over 2.5 goals at 2.28???

Or even HT/FT:
    Blackburn/Villa @ 42/1 (serious value there!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

You're right they are a minefield. I do think Liverpool will beat Porto at home though. They were very impressive at the weekend, Gerrard in particular, and will be really pumped up because this is a MUST WIN game for them. Fail to get 3 points and they're out. The fans getting behind Rafa will help.

Pretty confident of them getting the 3 points. 1-1 out in Porto was an ok result. They've 3 Premiership clean sheets in a row - away to Blackburn, at home to Fulham and away to Newcastle.

Home record hasn't been great (won 3, drew 4 and lost 1 between league + CL), but as I said a MUST WIN game. I'm confident they'll come up trumps.

Overs in Blackburn/Villa looks a good bet alright, but I'm after commiting to this other bet now so will sit tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

My bets for tonight:

3pts Blackburn v Villa - Over 2.5 goals at 2.22

HT/FT:
    1pt Blackburn/Villa @ 42/1
    1pt Villa/Blackburn @ 28/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

pool, real, lazio and milan acc
    Like the look of ErinGoBrath villa/blackburn ht/fts and have a little on both those

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Liverpool made it tough but won convincingly in the end.
    Villa 4-0 over blackburn is some result.
    They left it late but well covered the overs bets

Advertisement