Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi gaming Chair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They don't look very bg, and there are better ones out there, at a slightly higher price...

http://www.ultimategamechair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The brother had one he bought in Dunnes Stores very similar to the Aldi one.
    I couldn't get out of it with out making a "uuurgh" old man sound. Wasn't to comfy either.

Argos have a much more enticing option for a couple of Euro more here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Speaking of gaming seating, anyone know where to get a sub-€300, good, large beanbag?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I want a bean bag!!!

Never saw one in a shop :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I also need to get myself a good chair, but it doesnt have to be a gaming one. Can someone recommend a decently priced office chair that they have used? Preferably under €100 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I could do with a nice comfortable chair also, doesn't need to have all this speaker and wireless crap as I already have surround sound, just comfortable for playing games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

oh oh are we starting another chair request thread, oh goody.

I'd like a tall back polypropylene with mild steel tubing office chair, preferably from the bauhaus, like the one in that Maxell ad but taller and with a hydraulic lift for less than €20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ooh a Beanbag, thats what I need!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

the argos ones are reduced in price unril the 28th me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't Argos just sell bean-bag 'bags' and not the beans though?

• Advertisement

theres a bean bag store in the italian quarter of central dublin, just off the millenium bridge, called buddha bags.... its usually filled with jackeens slothing about on all the bean bags though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

From the PC World link:

'Please try again in -1429 minute(s)'

Apparently I have to travel back in time to yesterday to view this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Speaking of gaming seating, anyone know where to get a sub-€300, good, large beanbag?

What about the Fatboy beanbags? I don't have one but I tried one out before and it was pretty big and comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

L31mr0d wrote: »
    theres a bean bag store in the italian quarter of central dublin, just off the millenium bridge, called buddha bags.... its usually filled with jackeens slothing about on all the bean bags though

I have one of those beasts, great for disappearing into during a game playing session. Only problem is that when I drag it out infront of the t.v. I'm competing against the dogs for the comfiest position and they've no problem in giving me a kick during vital moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I have a big beanbag!! It is the most brilliantly savage thing ever, much better than your average chair!
    Outside of Dublin/apart from Argos, some furniture shops do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Bah, you call them gamer chairs? These are gamer chairs:

http://mark.michaelis.net/weblog/2003/05/14/TheUltimateComputerChair.jpg
    http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-the-computer-toilet-YSY.jpg

And for those of you who are serious about your gaming accesories, pick up one of these:

http://www.internettime.com/images/Set86_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

conzymaher wrote: »
    I want a bean bag!!!

Never saw one in a shop :(

There is (or was a few months ago ) a bean bag place in the Italian Quarter (between the Jervis Luas stop and the quays)

[edit] sorry, just saw L31mr0d's post, that's the place

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

if ya want beans bag i just bought a lime green medium sized bean bag for 76quid from woodies diy it was cheapest i found and still really nice quality

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Dont know...Bean bags can feck up your back when trying to play games on them.

I have a huge Buddha Bag in my sitting room and when I used it for playing my 360 for a while it messed up my back for a few days.

So be careful with bean bags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Buddha Bag for the win. Its like a bean bag but filled with that magic memory foam stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've sat in the Buddha Bags -- yes they're EXTREMELY comfy, but not €290+ comfy (I'm a poor office pleb, after all).

Cheers guys & gals, I'll try Argos/Woody's/Fatboy (also sorry for thread hijacking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

From the PC World link:

'Please try again in -1429 minute(s)'

Apparently I have to travel back in time to yesterday to view this :(

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1530262633.1196370646@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceiaddmjgdjgmecflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&category_oid=&sku=119552&page=Product&fm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

argos sell all those xrockers. Also sell pretty large bean bags ( yes beans included) which are suprisingly comfy

i however bought an office chair for 60€ thats amazingly comfy, amazing

defo worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gorilla

Are beanbags comfier than normal chairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Why not sit in one and see.

Gorilla wrote: »
    Are beanbags comfier than normal chairs?

personal preference really... I personally like a stiff back on my chair with good lumbar support... I couldn't really game sitting on a bean cushion as I usually lean forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

L31mr0d wrote: »
    personal preference really... I personally like a stiff back on my chair with good lumbar support... I couldn't really game sitting on a bean cushion as I usually lean forward.

Totally agree with u there. I always lean forward too. Also about the bean bags, u be sitting way down on the ground then unless it was a massive bean bag. They're more for lounging around and relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I picked this http://www.musthaveit.com/products/details/cyber-rocker-gaming-multimedia-chair/964/ up on impulse from Dunnes on Saturday for €79. Have to say I'm very impressed with it. The sound is really good, the bass powerful and it's very, very comfortable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement