Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RS6 Alloys will these fit a passat ?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Looking for RS6 audi alloys for a 06 passat. (like below)Tried to find someone up north as I got alloys before in Fintona great deal above there. Not sure if these will fit ok on the passat..Anyone know someone selling these please reply or post details, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Looking for RS6 audi alloys for a 06 passat. (like below)Tried to find someone up north as I got alloys before in Fintona great deal above there. Not sure if these will fit ok on the passat..Anyone know someone selling these please reply or post details, thanks.

The new Passat/VWs (B6 on afaik) takes 112x5 PCD like Audi (who have used that standard for a good number of years), so the bolts will line up. You should check the offset of your current wheels vs the new ones so you know they will clear the brakes, but by and large, they should be fine if they are OEM or OEM spec Reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Thanks for the advice Matt.
    I'll check boards for info on alloy dealers/shops. Mad to get these and get motorin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Most VW and Audi wheels are interchangable - And Toyota celica and avensis wheels fit too.

I got a set of 17" RS4s with tyres of john callaghan performance, burt, Co Donegal for 680 euro next day delivery, lost their number though.

They had them all RS4s/RS6s/RS8s.

Or you could try http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I've 17''s on the Octavia... They should be interchangable

img4272800qf1.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The MK1 Octavia is 5x100 the MK2 is 5x112.

Don't take it for granted that an alloy is interchangeable, even if the PCD is the same the offset may be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, you need to get wheels with a similar offset. The offset of any VW Group wheel is indicated by a number stamped onto the wheel itself and is preceded by the letters ET - ET42 for example. If you radically change the offset it can have an effect on the wheel alignment and consequently handling and tyre wear. IIRC, the offset is basically how far the centre of the wheel is offset from the hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Most VW and Audi wheels are interchangable - And Toyota celica and avensis wheels fit too.

I got a set of 17" RS4s with tyres of john callaghan performance, burt, Co Donegal for 680 euro next day delivery, lost their number though.

They had them all RS4s/RS6s/RS8s.

Or you could try http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=34

Jaysus 680 with the rubber included isn't bad. I thinking the 16" on a passat might look a bit sh*te, might upgrade to the 17" the octavia with them looks well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Jaysus 680 with the rubber included isn't bad. I thinking the 16" on a passat might look a bit sh*te, might upgrade to the 17" the octavia with them looks well.

go 17 or 18 on the passat definataly... they look ****e in 16 inch anyway, but especially on a big car.

just a nice little bit of trivia here: any 5x112 pcd VW/SKODA/AUDI rims will also fit a ford granada, or 5 stud mondeo(second newest model).

there was a set of 18 inch rs6 wheels in the shed i took off a car that i sold and myself and one of the lads put them under my old wreck of a granada.. the looked wrong... but in an amusing sort of way.. drove it around like that for the day. scraped the back arches too much though.. even with 205/20 tyres

Advertisement