Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the fastest way to do this?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

:phi everyone ,i am told this board is kinda quiet ,lets see if this can be a little spice up:D

a small exercise that might improve my PS (beginner) skill:D i just pick up one of my favourite pictures...*in black and white*
    the quickest way to make picture A to picture B,nevermind the language though...

Pic A

Pic B

i tried painting them to black(dont laugh!)....but...i found that very time wasting why dont i just use the powerful PS?(using CS2 tho) have been managing play around with the layer thingy...but end up using more time...and looked weird...:o

ah well,lets see the opinion of you guys:pthanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Hmm... what I'd do would be click

Image -> Adjustments -> Levels

you should see three little arrows and a graph ... play with the arrows bringing them together and you should notice it coming a lot closer to the second image

hope thats some help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hey guys ,back on this after busy exams:D happy holidays everyone!!

thanks forbairt for the advice:D i actually been trying on that too,this is what i got:
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/seraphimvc/171b6432fix2.jpg

but the problem is...Pic A to Pic B is actually just blacken the 'black',not scaling the levels on the whole picture ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just darkened the levels a little bit first, then used the magic wand to select the bits I wanted to darken (The hair and text). Then just adjusted the brightness/contrast to make it black (Lowered the brightness and increased the contrast) and then despeckled it. I did the three leftside frames and left the otheres to see the difference. There's probably better ways to do it but this way is fairly simple.

darkened2jp9.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yep, levels, or curves, is quick and easy. Then go at the left overs with a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

hey guys i tried the way as DTJesus said :) nice!thanks!
    this is what i got,i fixed the tiny white dots in the black region with dropper method(taught by 5uespect,thanks again!)
    http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i276/seraphimvc/171b6432fix3.jpg

p/s:i cant my another older threads in this forum?do they clean it that often?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks good :D

At the bottom of the forum page you'll see display options. in the drop down menu it should say "last month". Change that to see threads older than 1 month.

Advertisement