Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how much per month do you spend on fuel?

Options
  • 27-11-2007 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I just worked out there other day that since last December I've spent 3250 on diesel. mad money i tell ya. that's an average of approximately 300 per month. too much as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

About 100 a week
    Which is nearly 450 a month

It was nearly twice that before i got a more "economical" car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭qballirl

I spend around 300 going up and around to work than another 200 on flutin about going shopping and all the other places ya need to go. far too much as far as im concerned. Thats petrol of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

do either of ye get mileage from work towards it?
    how can you justify it, i do love my job but can't afford to keep at it, along with car maintenance servicing at those miles.

my car had 66700 miles on it last december, now 93000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I spend nearly 450-500 a month a petrol.Now with the price hike it will be more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

About a month ago I switched from petrol to diesel. So far I have saved about €100 at the pump so I'm happy enough.

Downside is that I had to trade up to a smaller size car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I do about 7,000 miles per year in my old BMW 7-series V8 petrol. At 22MPG that's about €140 per month
    bazz26 wrote: »
    About a month ago I switched from petrol to diesel. So far I have saved about €100 at the pump so I'm happy enough.

Downside is that I had to trade up to a smaller size car.

What you get? Sorry for O/T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

On the Astra - €195 a per month average. I do about 17.5k miles per year on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In eircom League season - 100 a week on average.
    out of eircom League season - 30 a week on average.

Get better mileage when I'm doing the mad journeys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

60 - 65 liters (tank holds 70) of diesel does me about a month or more. At the current rate of price hikes, it costs me more and more every month to fill up again ...currently just under 80 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

About €200 a month I'd say. Keeping it to mostly coming and going to work. That used to be €300+ before I moved to my beloved diesel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I do about 800+ miles a month, working out about €80 on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

seems though there a few other mad people out there spending a fortune on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

I do 15k a year on my Lexus LS400, does around 22 mpg, so 70 to 80 euro per week at the current prices. Yikes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote: »
    I do about 7,000 miles per year in my old BMW 7-series V8 petrol. At 22MPG that's about €140 per month

:eek:

Thank God you don't do much driving. Then again if you did you probably wouldn't have a V8.

unkel wrote: »
    What you get? Sorry for O/T

05 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Ghia. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Myself and the missus spend about 150 per month on both cars. Not too much driving since we moved to Cork from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Right now I'm spending about €400 every month on petrol. I'm filling an 80l tank most weeks. I cover 400 miles a week between a weekly trip up to Dublin (from Shannon) and general farting about. The company pays a mileage allowance, so I'm not out of pocket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

about 500 amonth:eek: do 100miles a day to and from work and then another few miles arsing around going to the shops and whatever. thats more than my f..king mortgage:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

About €200-250 a month on diesel.
    I do a few miles for work each week and the expenses from that cover it most months. Changing to petrol in Jan and the running costs will go up a bit, but so will the work expenses (as it will be a bigger engine car)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

about 300 a month in an integra type r, have owned it 2 months 3 weeks now and have done 2400 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

About €280 per month in petrol, 2.5L Don't go very far really, just blast along South Ring in Cork a couple of times a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Only about €120 a month in petrol. Fairly economical 1.8 litre Honda. Daily 12 mile commute (each way) on open roads and a bit of around-town crawling. The odd trip to Dublin or Shannon too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Must be close to €500pm. 2 x €60 fills a week. 95% town driving. 2 school runs, 2 creche runs, 4 work runs daily, shops, taxiing kids in the evening etc. 2L Turbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I spent around 100/month getting to and from work (Cork city to Ballincollig) and the odd spin out of town and up/down the country.

After moving country and getting the tram to work every morning, i spend around 30 - 40 a month on Diesel.

Driving to work here is not worth it, theres like 15km tailbacks and the Public transport is really convenient ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Where's here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Stephen wrote: »
    Where's here?

Den Haag, The Netherlands

Its strange being the Foreign National for a change ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I manage to spend only about €50-60 per month.

Crazily low, but with my old job I was very close to work and with the new job I take the bus.

Usually I only top up any weekend I'm heading back home, there is a cheap station en route.

I'd freak out if I spent €400-500 a month, that's serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I put 20 quid of diesel into my car every week and that usually does me. I live 5 minute drive from work (which i walk anyway if the weather suits). If i go home or somewhere like Dublin then i put another 20 in so i average about 80-100 quid per month depending on how many miles i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

About €120 a month. I can get almost 2 weeks out of a full tank (50 mile round trip, all motorway, 1.8T). €56 on the bus on top of that.

Last year I was filling a 70 Litre tank every 5 days. Diesel was only around €1.00 a litre at the time and work were paying for that - bet they're glad I've moved on with current fuel prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Since buying my latest car in the summer I've been putting on about 200 miles a week - about €150 per month on petrol.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but at what stage does it make sense to change from a petrol to a diesel engine?

I'm guessing if you were to buy new, you'd want to be doing over 20k miles a year to justify the diesel.

I'm doing about 10-15k a year, mostly long journeys to the coast. Like the sound of 55mpg...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

About 50 euro a month :)

Advertisement