Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how much per month do you spend on fuel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    :eek:

Thank God you don't do much driving. Then again if you did you probably wouldn't have a V8.

My private miles are a good bit less again and I get compensated for business miles. And believe me, I've done my sums before starting my long time indulgence into V8 petrols ;)
    05 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Ghia. :)

G'luck with the new car! Looking forward to seeing your comments comparing it to your old car some time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Currently about €100 a month on petrol.

But that's only 10 mins to work and back, twice a day. I get a cool 23MPG on my 2.2L straight 6 :D

Of course any more miles for whatever reason and the cost to me jumps significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

Approx €150pw or €7800pa on Focus 1.6TDCi, collected the car in Feb 07, now have 48,000kms on clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

05 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Ghia. :)

Good car I reckon bazz26. Am thinking of getting that exact Focus model whenever my Almera gives up the ghost. Going by things as they are, that could be a good while, 146K miles and still going strong!

While we're talking about fuel costs, my cousin recently said he was happy with the money he is saving on fuel when he changed his car to a Supra Twin Turbo (3.0L V6).

His previous car? A BMW 740iL (4.4L V8)! :eek:

I think he's mad, but then I'm not as big into cars as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In the last four months I've spent all of about €100 on bus fares and €36 on bike maintainence.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    In the last four months I've spent all of about €100 on bus fares and €36 on bike maintainence.

Do you not own a car, Victor?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

unkel wrote: »
    Do you not own a car, Victor?
    Of course not. Its 10 minutes by bike into the city centre and a choice of 23 bus routes within walking distance, who'd have a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

About 70quid per month, car(petrol skoda) gives 35-40mpg in city traffic, nearly 50mpg on long journeys according to the onboard computer.
    I probably do about 5k mileage a year, trying to reduce it any chance i get, am shocked at some of the mileage posted here!

Some of ye are insane spending hundreds of quids on fuel a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hmmm, about 700 a month - oh dear :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hmmm, about 700 a month - oh dear :(

It's ok, you have an Aston!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

€0.00, god bless the company provided dci card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

I have a ford focus 1.4 petrol. i do 400 miles over 7 days. and it cost me 45 aweek. is this good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thank fuk I work from home so no travelling to and fro. But I still spend around 200 a month as I fill up most Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

fletch wrote: »
    I do about 800+ miles a month, working out about €80 on fuel

Jaysus I think I'm stuck behind you every morning coming into work!!, your the guy doing <=80kmph solid over every road (including the n11/m11) in front of me right?

Does hilly driving suck the fuel up massively? , that said I have a slightly heavy foot that may not help matters.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

About €220 a month at current prices. Driving a Skoda Octavia1.9tdi, do a round commute of 150km every day from Athy to Clonskeagh, 5 days a week plus weekend shopping/living etc. Do about 900k every week so 3600km a month.
    The onboard computer says I'M averaging 4.5l/100km which I think works out at approx 60mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

about €250/month at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I spend 60 euro a month driving from Palmerstown to Ballymun each working day. Car is a 1.8L. Anyone know if thats good or bad millage?

If I include the weekends and evenings, it is 100 euro per month.

Victor wrote: »
    Of course not. Its 10 minutes by bike into the city centre and a choice of 23 bus routes within walking distance, who'd have a car?

I suppose I wouldn't have a car if I had to service a €2,000,000.00 mortgage on a small house within 10 minutes cycling from the city centre ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

was 400-500 Pm on a golf GTI, used for work changed to a 1.9TDI Passat now about €60 every 12 days so say €150 PM, will never go back to petrol unless I buy a weekend classic or similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

bout €60 per week, do about 27,500km per year....... :eek:

i changed from diesel to petrol!! auto.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I do about 70 miles to work and 70 miles home.... About 550 miles out of a full tank on the TDI and about 60 bills to fill and then maybe a commute to me mother for Sunday dinner so.........

70 x 10 = 700 + 100 mile trip to mammy = 800

800 / 550 = 1.45

60 x .45 = 27 + 60 = 87 yo yo a week x 4.5 ( account for 5 week months ) = €391.5 a month.... Call it €400..... Hrmmmm

Thats a bit much.... Time to find a new job me thinks ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

About 280 quid a month. Not bad for a 3.0L car!

1200kms a month.. Not exactly setting the world on fire. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Currently about €50 a week on a 1.9 TDI

Was getting better than that until recently but the mileage is being affected by the oil leaking into the intercooler, and the "worn" turbo that'll require replacing at the next service. :(

On the upside, I do get mileage through work (not great though) which helps offset some of the cost.

Advertisement