Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rules of dealing with NTL

Options
  • 27-11-2007 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Some rules with NTL

1. Get the Broadband support reps name, you'll need it to use it against her later, as leverage
    2. DO NOT accept the excuse that your modem of cabling is broke, ITS WORKING PERFECTLY SHE IS LYING AND TRYING TO GET RID OF YOU
    2. Never accept a call back from a supervisor, they wont and never have called anyone....try staying on the line for as long as possible AND ARGUE its our only weapon against this madness
    3. DO question absolutely everything she says as she is looking for the slightest window to fob you off with an engineer visit
    4. Never accept their first offer of an engineer visit on monday 3rd December, they will insist there is no other available date but if you whine enough there IS a sooner one...I have proof of that today
    5. The problem will be fixed before the engineer calls out
    6 Call to get credit for loss of service
    7. Problem starts again usually on friday evening and you have to call again to start at step one again

NB: alternative ending to above:

5, The engineer calls out, finds nothing wrong at your end leaves, its an "OUTSIDE PROBLEM" (MY HOLE)
    6 You need to ring CS again and they have no intention of letting you know its not fixed
    7 DO NOT accept the excuse of low levels in the area and they are working on it and it will be fixed in the next couple of days/weeks. This is complete BOLLOX.
    8. Call everyday and whine just to piss them off , they deserve it
    9 The problem will be fixed eventually but not my any master engineer work on the low levels down the road
    10 Call to get credit for loss of service
    11. Problem starts again usually on friday evening and you have to call again to start at step 1 again
    :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All this calling and complaining and bitching just to annoy them will get people's backs up and nobody will want to help you, I'm saying this from personal experience.

While calling about an issue is fine and well you should always remain civil, from my experience with NTL eng callouts can and do fix issues,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DoubleU

Cabaal wrote: »
    All this calling and complaining and bitching just to annoy them will get people's backs up and nobody will want to help you, I'm saying this from personal experience.

While calling about an issue is fine and well you should always remain civil, from my experience with NTL eng callouts can and do fix issues,

BS!
    I have send several e-mails to them with a lot of details to them.
    Not one reaction, not even an auto response.

Calling them is useless, the monkeys on the phone log your call and send it to an "engineer" = promoted monkey that came from their television branch.

NTL is absolute ****e in their customer services. Sure they are proud to say that their support is free and it shows.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you keep doing what your doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I emailed NTL support in early September about a problem that actually turned out to be my brother's fault as he severed a cable while cutting a piece of wood off the skirting board. Anyways i told them it wasn't working etc etc and guess when i got a respone back from them? Last Wednesday! I actually forgot i had emailed them and wondered why they were emailing me. And the girl tries to apologize by saying they are extremely busy. With the amount of complaints again them i can well believe that. Thank God my broadband from them is grand and never have problems with it. (where it is their fault)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NTL support trended towards the adequate. Therefore it was shut down this time last year and was replaced by the iniquitous Chorus support ....run from a bunker in Southill in Limerick.

I am surprised anybody is surprised at the result.

I understand one Mr Alan Briggs is in charge of sales and retentions for all of UPC .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

NTL customer support is without question the worst I have ever experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

I remember going into NTL Eastpoint to work on a computer problem they were having ... Customer service there is not a high priority... strangely neither are correct bills , providing a decent TV service or putting plenty of engineers on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

If it *does* magically start working again, do not, under any circumstances let them know. I made the mistake of ringing them up to ask if the engineer had been out since it had started working again and they cancelled the callout that had been eight or nine days in the pipeline and when it broke down again three days later it turned out that I had to start the whole rigmarole again.

As for remembering names or dates, I found it to be pointless - you could have recorded every bit of correspondence with them and they'll still deny anything that doesn't suit them. I've been promised that the engineer would be out to check the external fault on four separate dates now and each time it turned out to be a lie, they just quoted a new day and pretty much ignored my point that I was told something else the previous week.

When I called to cancel this afternoon they had the nerve to ask me if I didn't want to wait for them to deal with the problem.... like I hadn't been waiting for three weeks already. It'll take less time to get in a brand new phone line and get broadband in than for them to fix a simple problem on the NTL line.

The next step in my project now is to lodge some complaints with their parent company and the national consumer agency, just for kicks but as with everything irish, getting the contact information for anyone who can actually hold them accountable is near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ah all these posts are like deja vu ! I am not alone

I have a signal power issue since "forever" coming into my house.
    So i somehow got a callout after much giving out on a Saturday no less.

I wasnt there and he arrived and changed my splitter from tv to modem.
    Didnt even have a laptop, thats all he did, just checked the lights on the modem (which means nothing) he might as well have been looking at the lights on my dishwasher.......

None of the engineers have laptops, hence i dont call them engineers
    "Monkey Robots" seems to suit better

My seven cents :cool:

Advertisement