Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psycho "Sid" Vicious to return?

• 27-11-2007 2:47am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

havent seen this mentioned here so

During an Interview with Live Audio Wrestling on Sunday night, former World Champion Psycho "Sid" Vicious confirmed rumors that he is looking to return to WWE. The former WWF and WCW Superstar said he has been in talks with Vince McMahon. "We have been talking for awhile now, and we are trying to get things worked out," Sid said.

When Sid was asked about going to TNA, he said that the company is unable to help him reach some of his goals including wrestling infront of 80,000 fans again.

The rumors of Sid wanting to return to WWE date back to the Summer where he had been telling people at indy shows that he was trying to make a comeback. Reports from fans who saw Sid in action recently say he looked very good and he is said to be in good health. With the way WWE likes to bring in big men and big draws, it's likely that he could be brought back in. Many in the business still believe Sid can still be a huge draw, including Kevin Nash of TNA.

Prowrestling.com

there is so much in that article that people might object to but i wonder.... would make a good suprise entrant to the rumble for me though

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's been rumoured for a long while now. I've no idea what he looks like or how he wrestles now, so I have no idea if it's likely that Vince will hire him. If he's still big and he hasn't gotten worse in the ring then it's a possibility. I read during the summer about an indy show where he cut a 40 minute promo and kept the fans entertained throughout, I can't vouch for the truth of that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A 40 minute promo from Sid!!! Now that would be entertaining!

I'd happily see him cost someone the Rumble, like the way Hogan did to him when Flair won it.

He has to come back as "The master and the ruler of the world!" though. None of this Psycho Sid bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote: »
    I read during the summer about an indy show where he cut a 40 minute promo and kept the fans entertained throughout, I can't vouch for the truth of that though!

There's something about that statement that sounds fundamentally wrong, cant quite put my finger on it:D. I wonder did he tell the crowd that he had half the brain they have?

On a serious note, I'd actually quite like to see Sid come back. Fair enough, he has his obvious limitations but I think he's good at portraying a character and with the right opponent can be carried to a good match. I always thought his squash matches were good as squash matches go.

Anyone wondering what Sid looks like now, heres a link to a tag match he had in August that also involved Jerry Lawlor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m6RrXEKNY&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

There's something about that statement that sounds fundamentally wrong, cant quite put my finger on it:D. I wonder did he tell the crowd that he had half the brain they have?

On a serious note, I'd actually quite like to see Sid come back. Fair enough, he has his obvious limitations but I think he's good at portraying a character and with the right opponent can be carried to a good match. I always thought his squash matches were good as squash matches go.

Anyone wondering what Sid looks like now, heres a link to a tag match he had in August that also involved Jerry Lawlor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_m6RrXEKNY&feature=related

I challenge you to name ONE person not called HBK to pull anything decent out of Sid?!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

flahavaj wrote: »
    I challenge you to name ONE person not called HBK to pull anything decent out of Sid?!:D

Theres no doubt that HBK was the one guy who got the best out of Sid. Undertaker got the odd passable match out of him.

Id say Jericho or Triple H would be able to get a good match out of him if he returned and theres always the option of putting him in there with HBK again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

Theres no doubt that HBK was the one guy who got the best out of Sid. Undertaker got the odd passable match out of him.

Id say Jericho or Triple H would be able to get a good match out of him if he returned and theres always the option of putting him in there with HBK again.

What would generally be considered to be Sid's most memorable match in terms of in-ring quality (Link if possible). Im not VERY familiar with his career, what can he bring to the table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Id like to see Sid back to fued with HBK again but only if he gets/has new a hair cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

best matches involving sid eudy:

WCW wrestlewar feb 1991 when he teamed with rest of four horsemen against sting, pillman and steiners

sid vs shawn michaels survivor series 1996

sid vs bret hart in your house 12

sid vs shawn michaels royal rumble 1997

and his greatest match was against the 7'6 403lb El Gigante, one of the best matches ever at WCW superbrawl 1991 :D

Sid is not a guy you go looking for good matches, his strengths were charisma and awesome size. The best way to describe him circa 1989-1992 was a cartoon character come to life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

How brilliant would it be if Sid were the one to retire Ric Flair!!!!!

I would jip my pants if that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

"He comes from wherever he damn well pleases"

It would be good to hear that again. I hope Syd returns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

flahavaj wrote: »

Benoit's last match in WCW - he made Sid look credible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Real831

I just remember when he broke his leg...

Advertisement