Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday night football, LOL

• 27-11-2007 8:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭

Steelers win 3-0, a FG with 17 seconds remaining! Total Offence: 375 yds, both teams combined! I have to say, they were the worst conditions I've seen a game played in yet; the surface was like a paddy field. An early punt hit the field and pretty much stopped dead.

In case you're thinking I'm insane, I only watched the start because I was up doing summat else. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

classic by the sounds of it.lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

Slow coach wrote: »
    Steelers win 3-0, a FG with 17 seconds remaining! Total Offence: 375 yds, both teams combined! I have to say, they were the worst conditions I've seen a game played in yet; the surface was like a paddy field. An early punt hit the field and pretty much stopped dead.

In case you're thinking I'm insane, I only watched the start because I was up doing summat else. :D

Dammit, I tried to watch on Sopcast but no ****er had it.

I did let out a snigger when I saw the box score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

Rothlesberger still broke the steelers record for completions! 18/21!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I wonder how Sky sports managed to generate interest in this through the night:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No doubt they had to think of something drastic. They probably had Nick Halling and Kevin Cadle dancing around in their underwear to keep the viewer entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Monday was the worst game of football i have seen in a while the weather didn't help either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm sure tomorrow night will more than make up for it. Patriots -845 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'm sure tomorrow night will more than make up for it. Patriots -845 points.

some game at the moment.....i cannot believe how many yards rushing the pats are giving up

Washout wrote: »
    some game at the moment.....i cannot believe how many yards rushing the pats are giving up

McGahee was strong. Great football player.

Pats play poorly at times and still win.
    What a season this has been.

Woke in the middle of the night and watched the 3rd and 4th quarters. The Ravens running back demolished and I mean really thrashed this 'perfect' patriots team. It's a long time since I saw a running back just run through a defence like that. As far as what happened in the 4th quarter, I despair for the NFL. Right now I want to stop paying Sky cash for this rubbish, but by Sunday will be drawn back by the 'entertainment' aspect of it all. (That and nothing else apart from Top Gear will be on!)

It was blatently obvious the referees had to generate a patriots win to keep the perfect season alive. The officiating was nothing but a disgrace. It's become more like watching WWF than a sport of late. I'm satisfied enough now to get odds from paddy power on a patriots superbowl and stick hundreds on it. This is money guaranteed (even better than money in the bank these days;)) It's a done deal, and for those out there who believe it's because they're such a great team - it's not. Not when you really sit down and watch their games, and take what the fawning analysts are saying at face value.

It's pre-ordained, and not by some 'footballing Gods' either.:rolleyes:

Monday night football lol indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

It was blatently obvious the referees had to generate a patriots win to keep the perfect season alive. The officiating was nothing but a disgrace. It's become more like watching WWF than a sport of late.QUOTE]

This is a bit rich from a Colts fan, you guys get the rules changed every year to suit your team. :D

It was blatently obvious the referees had to generate a patriots win to keep the perfect season alive. The officiating was nothing but a disgrace. It's become more like watching WWF than a sport of late. I'm satisfied enough now to get odds from paddy power on a patriots superbowl and stick hundreds on it. This is money guaranteed (even better than money in the bank these days;)) It's a done deal, and for those out there who believe it's because they're such a great team - it's not. Not when you really sit down and watch their games, and take what the fawning analysts are saying at face value.

It's pre-ordained, and not by some 'footballing Gods' either.:rolleyes:

Although the calls in the 4th certainly helped the Pats, they were all correct.
    The holding call on the 4th down was blatant and they could have had more.
    The Ravens did themselves no favours by calling a timeout on a 4th down where they actually stuffed the Pats.
    Don't call that stupid timeout and you win the game.
    If you were honest about it, Arthur, you'd admit that the Ravens went into a kind of meltdown in the final minutes and have no one to blame but themselves.

Credit to them for playing a tough game, but you also hae to be mentally tough and that's where they let themselves down.

great game for sure..usually im falling asleep by the fourth quarter this was edge of seat stuff.

the ravens have no one but themselves to blame.
    the interception Boller threw was inexcusable.

the coach must have spotted something he didnt like to call the time out man were the players on the pitch p$$sed.

had they not used up tat time out they could have manavored to field goal position on their final drive.

but credit to the Pats. in the fourth quarter, both offense and defense were awesome.

Wouldnt it be funny if the Dolphins beat them in three games time?
    altough i think they ar ein for another tough match against the stellers next week.

great game for sure..usually im falling asleep by the fourth quarter this was edge of seat stuff.

the ravens have no one but themselves to blame.
    the interception Boller threw was inexcusable.

the coach must have spotted something he didnt like to call the time out man were the players on the pitch p$$sed.

had they not used up tat time out they could have manavored to field goal position on their final drive.

but credit to the Pats. in the fourth quarter, both offense and defense were awesome.

Wouldnt it be funny if the Dolphins beat them in three games time?
    altough i think they ar ein for another tough match against the stellers next week.

The last 2 games I've kind of made my peace with not having a perfect season.
    Just want another Superbowl now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

It's a long time since I saw a running back just run through a defence like that.

You obviously havn't watched a Vikings game this season then... particularly the Chargers game :D

The Ravens lost that game last night, from the highlights and the stats they threw the game away with stupid penalties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Only got to see highlights of the game, and the Pats were very lucky. A few calls went their way and some poor decision making by the Ravens in general.

WRT to penalties, it goes both ways. The Pats had numerous bogus calls on them in the game against the Colts. Last night they got them in their favour. It happens in every sport, and sometimes one team gets them more than others. Pats I'll admit were fortunate last night, but they still ground out a win and thats all that matters. Good to see them getting tough games and a sense or reality to it all.

The last 2 games I've kind of made my peace with not having a perfect season.
    Just want another Superbowl now.

I agree, while it would be great to go unbeaten the Superbowl is the main thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Arthur Daley you gave me the biggest laugh this morning. Having watched the game the Patriots were rubbish and the Ravens stood up to them But and this is a BIG BUT, the Ravens were idiots, ridiculous Time out before the Patriots snapped the ball on 4th down and actually got stopped but the their sideline called it so tough, stupid mistake.

Then there was two D holding calls and one offside again on 4th downs. The referees called it they way they saw it. To show how ridiculous the Ravens got after the TD they gave up 35 yards on penalties meaning Gostowski kicked off on the Ravens 35. Yeah sure the NFL are fixing the league for the Patriots. Mr Daley I put it to you what happens if the Colts beat the Pats in the AFC game are the NFL still fixing the League then yeah? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rich coming from a Colts fan anyway.

I dont see it as ridiculous time out...I saw it as unfortunate.

you can clearly see the time out being called before the ball is snapped. coach wasnt happy with something defensively.

what ensued was bad luck.

I dont see it as ridiculous time out...I saw it as unfortunate.

you can clearly see the time out being called before the ball is snapped. coach wasnt happy with something defensively.

what ensued was bad luck.

My stance on the issue is that of a coach. The Ravens D was setup for the run or QB sneak up the gut. There was no need to call the timeout hence the Expression of Ray Lewis after the whistle went. The Patriots didnt show anything different other than a run or sneak. Hence a ridiculous timeout by the D coordinator. When the camera went to Brian Billick you could see his face drop as if to say damn it we screwed up.

• Advertisement

My stance on the issue is that of a coach. The Ravens D was setup for the run or QB sneak up the gut. There was no need to call the timeout hence the Expression of Ray Lewis after the whistle went. The Patriots didnt show anything different other than a run or sneak. Hence a ridiculous timeout by the D coordinator. When the camera went to Brian Billick you could see his face drop as if to say damn it we screwed up.

Well, exactly.
    They had the right setup because they held the Pats. No timeout and the ball's turned over on downs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Have to say what an outstanding game. The last quarter was so tension filled, I was on the edge of my bed quite literally. That is what I love about the NFL, I even had my brother watch the highlight on nfl.com

But Ravens blew it, they had Patriots on the rack but that last drive there was an increasing sense of inevitability about it, with the timeout and flags on 4th downs. You just knew it was coming but fair to play to them, didn't play well and still came through.

Also lol Arthur Daley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

was watching PTI last night, and they made some good points about the alleged favouring from the umpires which won the game for the Pats.

Did the refs make Reed fumble his INT return
    Did the refs call the time out on 4th and 1 when it was stopped
    Did the ref make the Ravens miss 1st down when they badly needed it in the 4th quarter
    Did the refs make Boller throw an INT in the 4th

And for all their moaning, they still had an oppertunity of getting something out of the game, but they didnt. They didnt finish out the game. I think to beat the Pats this year, you really have to be on top for all the game, and have no lapses. 3 games now the Pats have come from behind in the 4th and won.

Arthur Daley you gave me the biggest laugh this morning. Having watched the game the Patriots were rubbish and the Ravens stood up to them But and this is a BIG BUT, the Ravens were idiots, ridiculous Time out before the Patriots snapped the ball on 4th down and actually got stopped but the their sideline called it so tough, stupid mistake.

Then there was two D holding calls and one offside again on 4th downs. The referees called it they way they saw it. To show how ridiculous the Ravens got after the TD they gave up 35 yards on penalties meaning Gostowski kicked off on the Ravens 35. Yeah sure the NFL are fixing the league for the Patriots. Mr Daley I put it to you what happens if the Colts beat the Pats in the AFC game are the NFL still fixing the League then yeah? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rich coming from a Colts fan anyway.

Glad I make you laugh:p Sure doesn't it stimulate a bit of the debate in this forum.;) I'm also pretty tired of this rubbish that the Patriots are so superior to everyone else, and it's only a matter of how much they'll score. They didn't look like that from what I saw Monday night, and I'm of the opinion the officiating won them the game. Ah yeah the Ravens have themselves to blame for making some stupid decisions and being predictible with the run. I really felt sorry for them and I can understand the frustration of the player who got those personal fouls on himself, picking up the flag and flinging it into the stand etc. These were the main points I saw that to my untrained eye looked very odd, and no doubt led to the Ravens players getting so pissed:

- Baltimore had a field goal moved well back on penalties in the 4th quarter that would have given them a two score lead.
    - following the 4th down where the Ravens stupidly called that timeout I'm fairly sure the patriots were stopped shy of a 4th down again but it was called back due to an offensive penalty. This gave them a second bite at 4th down, where Brady scrambled. Again defensively this shouldn't happen on 4th and long.
    - The holding call on the next 4th down I felt was just unbelievable. That's my opinion on it. For me the game was over and the ravens had won. Next thing no - patriots get another bite at the cherry. That Neil Reynolds guy in the sky studio also commented that there was very minimal contact there for the holding call.

Some of us believe sports are squeaky clean, some that sports are riddled with fixes and cheats, most if they have an opinion are somewhere in between. Given what I suspect about the NFL and drug use, I'm inclined to be of the opinion that it's not whiter than white. If the Colts or anyone else benefits from a serious dose of favourable calls in a game I'm suspicious of it. For what it's worth in the recent Colts vs patriots game the officials sure favoured the home team - the Colts. If the same thing happens in a possible AFC championship game you'd have to say 'fair cop', the refereeing wasn't unbiased. That's not right either. Despite crooked zebras, you'll support your team right?

BTW still looking to throw a good few quid on the patriots, but can only get 4-7 on.:( It'll have to do.

- Baltimore had a field goal moved well back on penalties in the 4th quarter that would have given them a two score lead.

Due to their own penalties. The referees didnt pick on them in fairness.

- following the 4th down where the Ravens stupidly called that timeout I'm fairly sure the patriots were stopped shy of a 4th down again but it was called back due to an offensive penalty. This gave them a second bite at 4th down, where Brady scrambled. Again defensively this shouldn't happen on 4th and long.

The timeout was called before Brady moved but not heard by players and it was 4th and short hence the QB sneak :)

- The holding call on the next 4th down I felt was just unbelievable. That's my opinion on it. For me the game was over and the ravens had won. Next thing no - patriots get another bite at the cherry. That Neil Reynolds guy in the sky studio also commented that there was very minimal contact there for the holding call.

Neill reynolds was on his own when he said it the guy was akicker in the BAFL what do kickers know anyway :D A hold is a hold and not allowed minimal or not its the rule and what reynolds said was that near the end of the game these type of calls are mad as it is a contact sport. He actually sounded like someone who doesnt know the rules to the sport when he said it.

The Ravens were idiots plain and simple they ran all over the Pats and then start making stupid mistakes. Like any sport never give a team that is on top form in the sport a chance to comeback because they will. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Neill reynolds was on his own when he said it the guy was akicker in the BAFL what do kickers know anyway :D A hold is a hold and not allowed minimal or not its the rule and what reynolds said was that near the end of the game these type of calls are mad as it is a contact sport. He actually sounded like someone who doesnt know the rules to the sport when he said it.

Not quite alone. It's bad if I find myself agreeing too much with Nick Halling, but you might be interested in his take on this debate over here:http://http://www.nfluk.com/features-display.php?id=2782
    The Patriots were extremely lucky, make no mistake about that. They were lucky that Brian Billick called a time out just before Tom Brady was stuffed on an ill-advised quarterback sneak on fourth down.

And they got lucky when an official decided to pull out a flag and penalise the Ravens’ Jamiane Winborne on the next fourth down. Honestly, I couldn’t tell you if that was a foul or not. All I do know is that I have seen them called, and I have seen them not called. The decision to call it that time saved New England’s perfect season.

Not surprisingly, the Ravens went nuts about it. Bart Scott lost it completely on the field, and Chris McAllister led the condemnation in the locker room. But here’s the funny thing. The Patriots weren’t too happy about the officiating either.

Tom Brady, never niggardly in coming forward to help the zebras make the correct calls, seemed to be moaning all night,:eek::confused::rolleyes: while Mike Vrabel apparently hurled projectile abuse at the guys in stripes as everyone left the field.

But then:
    And all this came just 24 hours after we’d seen all the close decisions in the Jacksonville – Indianapolis game go the way of the home side, a state of affairs leading to the Jags’ defensive end Paul Spicer making ill-judged comments about Colts GM Bill Polian bribing the officials.

eh, that wasn't in the script.:o Even a Jags player accuses the poor ole' Colts of rigging a game.:o

Still despite the frustration and 'sour grapes' at least we haven't had a week like Joe Gibbs and Washington.

Not quite alone. It's bad if I find myself agreeing too much with Nick Halling, but you might be interested in his take on this debate over here:http://http://www.nfluk.com/features-display.php?id=2782

But then:

eh, that wasn't in the script.:o Even a Jags player accuses the poor ole' Colts of rigging a game.:o

Still despite the frustration and 'sour grapes' at least we haven't had a week like Joe Gibbs and Washington.

Nick Hailing if american would be known as desktop critic. The guy knowledgeable yes but watch a full nfl sunday and count how many times you catch him looking at his laptop. His opinions are all media induced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭westair

Watched the game over here in MD and have to say - as a Redskins fan - that I began to feel that something was not right about the refereeing in Monday's game. The calls were coming in thick and fast against the Ravens and today's papers are very interesting - Billick did not call that time out, Rex Ryan did which has caused some to question it. Billick has stated some weeks ago that ONLY he would be doing this.

Furthermore, Samari Rollie claims that one of the officials repeatedly called him "boy" - a well known derogatory term for an adult male African-American. This is why he finally lost his cool.

Finally that holding call on fourth down was dicey but nothing compared to the "touchdown" by New England's Gaffney. In all my years of watching football I never saw a legit touch down with the ball being boggled like that. I tyvoed it over and over and the guy did NOT have possession.

But here is a link to an interesting article on why it is so profitable for the NFL to keep the New England drive going.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlDPD1n1b_tU9T8Pu8oaThd92bYF?slug=ap-timdahlberg-120407&prov=ap&type=lgns

• Advertisement

westair wrote: »
    Watched the game over here in MD and have to say - as a Redskins fan - that I began to feel that something was not right about the refereeing in Monday's game. The calls were coming in thick and fast against the Ravens and today's papers are very interesting - Billick did not call that time out, Rex Ryan did which has caused some to question it. Billick has stated some weeks ago that ONLY he would be doing this.

Furthermore, Samari Rollie claims that one of the officials repeatedly called him "boy" - a well known derogatory term for an adult male African-American. This is why he finally lost his cool.

Finally that holding call on fourth down was dicey but nothing compared to the "touchdown" by New England's Gaffney. In all my years of watching football I never saw a legit touch down with the ball being boggled like that. I tyvoed it over and over and the guy did NOT have possession.

But here is a link to an interesting article on why it is so profitable for the NFL to keep the New England drive going.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlDPD1n1b_tU9T8Pu8oaThd92bYF?slug=ap-timdahlberg-120407&prov=ap&type=lgns

First off, there's some debate that assistants can't call timeouts, but they blew for it after Ryan called it, what are they supposed to do? Once the whistles are blown as far as I know that's it, the play is over and there's nothing that can be done but give the timeout.

With Rolle it's irrelevant, the official calling him "boy" was African-American too.

Gaffney's catch looked fine to me, there was movement but that was him tucking the ball under his arm not losing control, he had possession.

The holding on the final 4th down was on the intended receiver. It should have been called, but sometimes they're not.
    And the Gaffney TD, while there isn't rock solid proof he had 100% control, it was still good enough to hold up to review, and it was still on a 1st down, it wasn't a last gasp throw. Might have suited the Pats to run a few more plays and burn the clock.
    But apart from that there were no bad calls, it's not really the point.

Here's how I see it.
    If you're gonna go unbeaten, you need to be very good and very lucky. The Pats have been good, and in the last few games they've been lucky - although scoring 27 points on the road is hardly ****ting the bed.
    They've been lucky recently and performed at an extremely high level early in the season - I have to say I was reminded of Roy Keane's biog when he said that some teams were beaten at OT before they came onto the field. The Pats have had a few of those too.
    The Pats had some things go their way on Monday but it could easily have not.
    Every Superbowl winner, even every team that makes the playoffs, catches a break somewhere along the way. Taking advantages of those breaks is what gets them there.

Gaffney catch was not OK from all the angles that I saw. He did not have control as we went out of bounds. The rules state that there should not be any doubt of possession. The ball was still moving in his hands - it was very problematic but the call went in their favor - oh I wonder why?

It makes absolutely no difference whether the man calling the slur was African-American or not - as one spokesman for NFL said " a slur is a slur and we must investigate". This was the same guy who blew the whistle on the time out by the way. It smells at best - but watch out the NE going all the way. I have little doubt that it will happen.

And look back at their problems melting away in early season- Bill Belichick has been exposed in the spying/cheating scandal and somehow was taken off the hook. The NFL has only itself to blame for the amount of suspicion that surrounds that team. For God's sake they destroyed all evidence! Now why did they do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Manny7 wrote: »
    First off, there's some debate that assistants can't call timeouts, but they blew for it after Ryan called it, what are they supposed to do? Once the whistles are blown as far as I know that's it, the play is over and there's nothing that can be done but give the timeout.

The rule is that assistants can't call time outs, however there is an exemption where if somebody calls a timeout just before the snap the official can call it because, by the time he looked to see who had called it, the snap may have been taken.

It makes absolutely no difference whether the man calling the slur was African-American or not - as one spokesman for NFL said " a slur is a slur and we must investigate". This was the same guy who blew the whistle on the time out by the way.

Well, the player in question had questioned the official's credentials - the guy is an NFL veteran. There's a certain respect that goes with that, particularly among their own. If you've worn the uniform and played the game you're part of a brotherhood, it's something that is acknowledged and (usually) respected.
    If you're suggesting that he used the 'boy' 'slur' to give the Pats the game and not because he had his 'between the lines' status questioned by a loudmouth, you're off your ceann.

The word "boy" was not used once - during a particular play - but about five times during the game according to Rolle. Rolle also said that the guy knows he's a ref and no one can do anything about the position of power he holds during the game. Very often a pattern like this - abusive language - goes unchecked until a moment like this when the whole game is off kilter. Bart Scott also heard the slur and reacted. By the way the ref has only been with the NFL since 2002. Not a long time.

• Advertisement

The word "boy" was not used once - during a particular play - but about five times during the game according to Rolle. Rolle also said that the guy knows he's a ref and no one can do anything about the position of power he holds during the game. Very often a pattern like this - abusive language - goes unchecked until a moment like this when the whole game is off kilter. Bart Scott also heard the slur and reacted. By the way the ref has only been with the NFL since 2002. Not a long time.

Okay, you're kind of babbling.
    Good luck wth that.

Okay, you're kind of babbling.
    Good luck wth that.

Well... if you cant answer with logic and stick to the topic then name calling will do - precisely what the issue is about!

Gaffney catch was not OK from all the angles that I saw. He did not have control as we went out of bounds. The rules state that there should not be any doubt of possession. The ball was still moving in his hands - it was very problematic but the call went in their favor - oh I wonder why?

It makes absolutely no difference whether the man calling the slur was African-American or not - as one spokesman for NFL said " a slur is a slur and we must investigate". This was the same guy who blew the whistle on the time out by the way. It smells at best - but watch out the NE going all the way. I have little doubt that it will happen.

And look back at their problems melting away in early season- Bill Belichick has been exposed in the spying/cheating scandal and somehow was taken off the hook. The NFL has only itself to blame for the amount of suspicion that surrounds that team. For God's sake they destroyed all evidence! Now why did they do that?

I keep watching the Gaffney catch and he has two hands on the ball at all times, the ball's not bobbling, to me it looks OK. His fingertips grab the ball, and the point they're touching at doesn't change as he brings the ball in, that's possession.

The "boy" thing is irrelevant in terms of the game, it may of been unprofessional but hardly changed the result.

And how losing a first round draft pick and fines totaling $750k is being let off the hook I'm not sure.

Manny7 wrote: »

The "boy" thing is irrelevant in terms of the game, it may of been unprofessional but hardly changed the result.

And how losing a first round draft pick and fines totaling $750k is being let off the hook I'm not sure.

Not quite irrelevant if you follow the story - He got a penalty for his conduct - so he is claiming that he was harassed during the game as a way of throwing him off.

Belichnik was actually fined $500k and as the Baltimore Sun said at the time
    "The shot to Belichick's wallet is an ouch. It has been estimated he makes over $4 million a year so that's a 12 percent hit. But that's not nearly as severe a hit as what Dallas assistant coach Wade Wilson will suffer (assuming his five-game suspension is unpaid), which will be closer to 30 percent. "
    Wilson was hit for buying human growth hormone after his was finished playing, contending it was for health issues related his diabetes. Hardly an issue of competitive advantage, unless he was supplying players, and that hasn't come up. So if we compare....it really was just an ouch. IMO the guy ought to have been drummed out of the league.

Not quite irrelevant if you follow the story - He got a penalty for his conduct - so he is claiming that he was harassed during the game as a way of throwing him off.

Belichnik was actually fined $500k and as the Baltimore Sun said at the time
    "The shot to Belichick's wallet is an ouch. It has been estimated he makes over $4 million a year so that's a 12 percent hit. But that's not nearly as severe a hit as what Dallas assistant coach Wade Wilson will suffer (assuming his five-game suspension is unpaid), which will be closer to 30 percent. "
    Wilson was hit for buying human growth hormone after his was finished playing, contending it was for health issues related his diabetes. Hardly an issue of competitive advantage, unless he was supplying players, and that hasn't come up. So if we compare....it really was just an ouch. IMO the guy ought to have been drummed out of the league.

Firstly this isnt is a race debate so stop secondly do you honestly believe the Patriots were favoured due to this come on if you believe this you are off your rocker. And Belichick drummed out of the league. Dude now I know you need to take your argument elsewhere. Again as argued many a time on here and every forum what Belichick did the video thing every coach has their own method Belichick got caught and mangini broke the coaches honour code. Dude you are reaching from the depts of your a hole for a pointless argument. Bring what seem to biased facts from Baltimore reading your posts. Give it a rest. And the Catch as a Patriots fan im 50/50 on the catch. The fact he changed the ball from one arm to the other in the air suggests he didnt have full control. but who cares some things go your way some dont. Ravens shot themselves in the foot the end.

• Advertisement

Firstly this isnt is a race debate so stop

Dude on this side of the pond this is absolutely a race issue and is being treated as such. No one is allowed to use this kind of language. Even self haters.

But I don't care my Skins just won tonight!

Dude on this side of the pond this is absolutely a race issue and is being treated as such. No one is allowed to use this kind of language. Even self haters.

But I don't care my Skins just won tonight!

I was referring to this thread now in fairness :rolleyes:

Advertisement