Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Series Slingplayer Application

• 27-11-2007 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking for the 3 X-Series Slingplayer Application to use on my new N95.
    I've been on to 3 customer service but after several calls they still haven't sorted it.

I have a 3 branded N95 which has an outdated link (in the launcher menu) to download slingplayer.
    I have downloaded the generic slingplayer app from slingmedia directly which works great but is only a trial so it's going to expire soon.

Can anyone give me a link to the 3 version of slingplayer?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here is a link to the install ssix from Three for their version of Slingplayer that I copied to my Google webspace previously after someone else was having issues accessing the Three links.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭postie

robinph wrote: »
    Here is a link to the install ssix from Three for their version of Slingplayer that I copied to my Google webspace previously after someone else was having issues accessing the Three links.

Fair play...worked perfectly and even upgraded to the latest version...why couldn't 3 ireland just send me that??

Thanks a million.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Curious to know what version the latest software is reporting.

Version it upgraded to is 1.56.0

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

postie wrote: »
    Version it upgraded to is 1.56.0

How did you get it to upgrade the version you have? Mine is just at 1.12 and I cannot see any option in the player to upgrade it, re downloading it from three just gives me the same version again as well.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    How did you get it to upgrade the version you have? Mine is just at 1.12 and I cannot see any option in the player to upgrade it, re downloading it from three just gives me the same version again as well.

It upgraded while I installed it from the app I downloaded from yourself. It was part of the install process, so maybe if you re-install from that app it will do the same?

Hmmmm, strange. Still on version 1.12 myself so reinstalled for the SIS file here - no option to upgrade. Decided I would take a look at the download link on the Three and they are still distributing this version (http://mobile.three.co.uk/pc/Live/pcreator/live/10001/sling/slingplayer)

At what point in the update process postie did you get prompted to upgrade?

Quick search on Google reveals this version is indeed out but where one gets it is another question. Anyway, still doesn't support fullscreen like it's paid-for cousin.

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Hmmmm, strange. Still on version 1.12 myself so reinstalled for the SIS file here - no option to upgrade. Decided I would take a look at the download link on the Three and they are still distributing this version (http://mobile.three.co.uk/pc/Live/pcreator/live/10001/sling/slingplayer)

At what point in the update process postie did you get prompted to upgrade?

Quick search on Google reveals this version is indeed out but where one gets it is another question. Anyway, still doesn't support fullscreen like it's paid-for cousin.

It checks the version at the beginning of install and, on the N95, on each launch...just noticed the lack of full screen today on the three version
    which is very disappointing. I'll use the Sling Demo until it expires.

Customer service rang back today saying N95 (supplied by 3 with an x-series add-on) does not support Slingbox...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Can i ask how well the picture is streamed from your home tv to your mobile?
    How much can you watch without going over the fair use policy of 3?

The picture is very good in full screen on the E65, using the full Sling version rather than the Three version. I think that the Sling box changes what it actually streams to you based on the size of the screen that you are viewing on and the speed of the data connection it is using at the time so it will use less data than if you were streaming to a laptop say.

Not sure how much data it would be using as yet but on the Three UK pages about the X-Series add on it says that you can use 80 hours a month of combined Orb and Sling time. But the UK gold package specifies a limit of 1G whereas the Irish one is 2G.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply robinph.
    Are you using it with 3 in Ireland or the UK?

Do you just sign up for Mobile Broadband Unlimited €19.99 per month and install the slingplayer app?

I'm with Three Ireland, just their website does not have as much detail on it as the UK version does. You will need to be on the X-Series Gold to use the Slingplayer application though, not the mobile broadband, although they are both the same price.

Would it take long to use up 2GB?
    Is the connection stable and can you connect whenever you want, do you need full coverage?

@robinph:

I don't suppose you kept the 3 Windows live messenger application on your Google webspace?
    Three version on their page comes up with invalid Jar on an N95.

The messenger app is not on there at the moment but I can see about grabbing a copy of it this evening if nobody else does first.

my slignplayer mobile hasn't been working since yesterday - anyone else having issues with it?

Would it take long to use up 2GB?
    Is the connection stable and can you connect whenever you want, do you need full coverage?

Anyone know the answers to these?

You would need to be watching an awful lot of TV via your mobile to get through the 2G limit so I wouldn't worry about the data usage of it, you do need to have a decent 3G signal though.

One more favour to ask all...:rolleyes:

I am still looking for the 3 MSN messenger application. When I download it from the link I get a certificate error. I changed the certificate settings on the phone but to no avail and after a bit of searching I have found that 3 look for a certificate on your (Nokia N95) phone that is part of the 3 firmware installation. Mine is a non 3 phone and 3 Customer Support will not help.
    Can anyone tell me where else I might get the 3 msn app (not the microsoft version) or even better the 3 certificate that apparently is installed on branded Nokia N95 3 phones.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I would like a solution to this messenger issue too as I unbranded my Three N95 to v20 and I could be waiting months for Three to release their branded v20 firmware. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The official MSN symbian client is streets ahead of the midlet 3 offer. If you search in Goolge you won't be long finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

took me ages to find it when i looked for it but here

http://www.aodqw97.btinternet.co.uk/files/WindowsLive_for_Series60_3rd.zip

Thanks guys.
    Problem with the MSN Symbian version is it uses a lot of battery when it is connected-the three one doesn't.
    It would be handy to figure a way around the certificate thing anyway in case they apply it to newer versions of skype etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Also the Three one is free to use where as the unbranded one is not.I'm on the 250mb package.

Advertisement