Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Christmas Food

• 27-11-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

HELP! Ok, so I've been with my b/f for 7 years now and we bought a house last Jan, so this will be our first christmas in our own place. We both have youngr children in our family homes so will both be spending Christmas in our parents doing the whole santa thing (we're both mid 20's lol) but I have invited my parents and his parents, who have never met, to dinner the day after Christmas :o Any food suggstions would be appreciated (please no1 suggest turkey ;) ) I'm not the worlds worst cook and if I can decide what I will be making I can practise. A few suggstions I have, Jalfrezi - my fam love it but I'm not sure about his, lasagne - tasty but lazy, roast beef - everyone loves but will be sick of the meat and two veg dinner, and it's a bit boring, whole salmon - ewww has a head!! also I dont know if the women will eat that. I was also thinking of a HUUUUUUGGGE salad, spanish omlette, pesto, hummous, cheeses, wedges etc you know like a spanish/greek tapas thing. Different from a normal dinner, fairly easy to prepare, filling. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You could do a buffet style with a mix of cold and hot foods and let people mix and match. That way you can have a little of everything and everybodies taste is catered for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'd second the buffet suggestion, if you do a good selection you'll be sure to please everyones tastes. The kids will enjoy picking their own food too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Buffet is a good idea, with quiches, maybe a few salads, meats, cheeses? Maybe an imaginative soup to start with.

Advertisement