Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband in Rathangan

• 27-11-2007 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me in this one. Trying to get Wireless Broadband in Rathangan Co. Kildare. Have tried IBB and Digiweb who say that they dont have coverage here. Anyone know if there are wireless providers here as I really dont want to go down the DSL route.

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Hi Stephen,

Take a look at Last Mile. I've recently signed up with them between you and Portarlington. I had tried Premier previously but to no avail.
    On their website you can check their coverage map based on the location of their masts.

I've had no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bighig250

Thank Scaldy

However no such luck, dont cover Rathangan either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭nilhg

Bighig250 wrote: »
    Thank Scaldy

However no such luck, dont cover Rathangan either

I had lastmile for 18 months in Rathangan and can see 4 Lastmile base stations from upstairs in my house. It all depends on where you are situated.

Your options are

Eircom do wireless BB from Dunmurry Hill (mightn't want to admit it, but it is there, they are installing phones based on the same tech round about here too)

Leinster Broadband are on Grange hill and Dunmurry Hill

Callidus/IFA are on Grange Hill

Alternative BB are on Redhills

3 3g and Vodafone 3g are on Dunmurry (whether you can call 3 broadband is another story)

I have no personal experience of any of those, I have DSL myself now much cheaper and more consistent than Lastmile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harry price

space for letting on mast at grange hill rathangan co kildare `````` email harryprice2@live.ie

Advertisement