Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fees / Subs For 2008

• 27-11-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Just got my letter through the door the other day for my subs for next year... any major changes in what you're paying at your club?

Mine just stayed the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Graeme1982 wrote: »
    Just got my letter through the door the other day for my subs for next year... any major changes in what you're paying at your club?

Mine just stayed the same.

What is it in Elm Green these days Graeme? The one year I was there (2006) I think it was €450? It went up slightly the next year but I didn't rejoin as I leased a membership in Killeen (€1170) for the year and will likely do same this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

AGM is next week so should find out at that if Lucan membership is to be increased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    What is it in Elm Green these days Graeme? The one year I was there (2006) I think it was €450? It went up slightly the next year but I didn't rejoin as I leased a membership in Killeen (€1170) for the year and will likely do same this year...

My renewal is €450 still this year. That's the same as i paid in my first year (this year). Although when i joined i'm sure they said the cost of membership for existing members was €425. maybe they have put it up €25, but either way it's still good value i think.

Did you have to pay a big joining fee elsewhere whip it?

I'm still in two minds about whether to rejoin elmgreen or maybe go elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

My renewal is €450 still this year. That's the same as i paid in my first year (this year). Although when i joined i'm sure they said the cost of membership for existing members was €425. maybe they have put it up €25, but either way it's still good value i think.

Did you have to pay a big joining fee elsewhere whip it?

I'm still in two minds about whether to rejoin elmgreen or maybe go elsewhere.

how much is it every time you play (as a member)? and how many times do you think you would play throughout the year?

just wondering because I'm getting back into golf and would like to start playing regularly. dunno if its worth joining a course though.

stooge wrote: »
    how much is it every time you play (as a member)? and how many times do you think you would play throughout the year?

just wondering because I'm getting back into golf and would like to start playing regularly. dunno if its worth joining a course though.

hmmm... depends really. the reductions are on the website...

http://www.golfdublin.com/elmgreen/membership.asp

I would only play up there on sundays and at weeknights during the summer so i don't really get use of the discounts. It's 11 euro for a game on a sunday as a member though which is decent value. A few holes at night in the summer would cost around 17 euro (pretty dear!).

I was trying to work out how much i've spent on green fees at elm green this season and it came in at about 200 euro (on top of my 450 joining fee). I use it for my handicap and to play opens more than anything so get my moneys worth that way.

If you can play midweek mornings and/or sundays you'll get great value out of your membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

hmmm... depends really. the reductions are on the website...

http://www.golfdublin.com/elmgreen/membership.asp

I would only play up there on sundays and at weeknights during the summer so i don't really get use of the discounts. It's 11 euro for a game on a sunday as a member though which is decent value. A few holes at night in the summer would cost around 17 euro (pretty dear!).

I was trying to work out how much i've spent on green fees at elm green this season and it came in at about 200 euro (on top of my 450 joining fee). I use it for my handicap and to play opens more than anything so get my moneys worth that way.

If you can play midweek mornings and/or sundays you'll get great value out of your membership.

cheers for the info graeme.

so to be making use of membership you'd need to play around 20 or more times in the year. Thats quite doable when you think about it. Plus youre allowed to bring guests according to the website. will give this a good bit of thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Graeme, is it dearer to play during the eveing in the sumemr for a member? I didn't knwo that. I only ever played during the day when I was there... Probably played about 16 or so rounds in the year at a guess... Like yourself, was only getting a handicap out of it.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Graeme, is it dearer to play during the eveing in the sumemr for a member? I didn't knwo that. I only ever played during the day when I was there... Probably played about 16 or so rounds in the year at a guess... Like yourself, was only getting a handicap out of it.

They have a kind of twilight rate after 7 o'clock where you can play as many holes as you like for 17 euro. There's no reduction for members. So, visitors would pay the same too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mtbdude74

Whip it, Just wondering about your leased membership. Does that get you your GUI registration and club handicap too? Tempted to go down the same route last year but ended up joining a club on annual basis.

Advertisement