Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fuse board

Options
  • 27-11-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten their fuse board in their house upgraded. And if so what kind of price were you charged?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Depends on the size of the unit. If you budget around €400 you won't be far wrong, that's time and material btw. Hopefully the wiring is sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Thanks for that Mr Magnolia. Fingers crossed the wiring is OK, have a feeling it is not as there are 2 fuses for lights but only one of actually covers all the lights in the house.

But at least I have an idea of the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Daft_Dave

Have somebody coming to replace mine in Newbridge area on Friday.

New consumer unit, system to be earthed (new earth rod in garden) including chasing footpath and wall of house. Priority switch to be installed for future installation of 2nd electric shower. Spare capacity on fuseboard for future conversion of attic.

All materials and labour for €700

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Thanks for that Mr Magnolia. Fingers crossed the wiring is OK, have a feeling it is not as there are 2 fuses for lights but only one of actually covers all the lights in the house.

But at least I have an idea of the damage.

Chances are fuse 2 blew and someone just put circuit 2 in with circuit 1.
    400 inc vat would do most houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have a guy coming round tonight so at least I know what kind of price I can expect.

Thanks again all

• Advertisement
Advertisement