Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten flour/powder - help?

• 27-11-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone had a source for gluten powder in Ireland - it can be used in baking, and for making a vegetarian meat substitute!

I can't seem to find it anywhere though. It can be ordered online from the UK but by the time postage is included it turns out very expensive.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

wheatgerm any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Tree wrote: »
    wheatgerm any good to you?

No, but thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dakang

Hi!

I live in Dublin but travel to the UK for work often. I am currently in London and have spent the last hour trying to find a UK supplier for Vital Wheat Gluten. It was through a Google search I stumbled across your post! I'll keep you posted as to how I get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

Maybe you could get it in a health food shop, or alternatively they might have a gluten substitute. (for celiacs etc...)

see:- Orgran Gluten Substitute (GFG)
    http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalog/orgran-gluten-substitute-p-797.html

I've just got a breadmaker machine and saw some recipies that ask for 'vital wheat gluten' so would be interested if anyone does find a supply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

maybe the asian shops would have it? there's two that nearly back onto each other one on georges street and the other is on drury street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement