Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piper to return to Doctor Who

• 27-11-2007 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭

Can't say I'm thrilled to see RTD's Mary Sue back in the picture, but hopefully that'll be the end of her..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

now I dont want to be pedantic but:
    Piper left Doctor Who last year, when she was transported into a parallel universe.

BB, as a UK resident you'rer paying a licence fee for quotes like that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

LOL not anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Still, beats the "news" that the Sun were passing around that Lilly Allen was the new assistant.

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So much for all that end of S2 guff about there being no possible way for her to return.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Huw Davies

Still, beats the "news" that the Sun were passing around that Lilly Allen was the new assistant.

*shudder*

Who is Lilly Allen? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

BuffyBot wrote: »

Can't say I'm thrilled to see RTD's Mary Sue back in the picture, but hopefully that'll be the end of her..

Um, spoiler in the subject title? Some people may not want to know that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SarahG31

Trying to figure out how they can pull this off without doing something stupid like the last episode of series 3. That episode annoyed the crap outa me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

SarahG31 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how they can pull this off without doing something stupid like the last episode of series 3. That episode annoyed the crap outa me.

What do you mean exactly? Which bit annoyed you?

I think its a bit of a mistake bring her back, kinda ruins the whole "Doctor hiding his sadness" thing they've got going on.

Unless of course they want to resolve that someway before the hiatus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SarahG31

SDooM wrote: »
    What do you mean exactly? Which bit annoyed you?

I think its a bit of a mistake bring her back, kinda ruins the whole "Doctor hiding his sadness" thing they've got going on.

Unless of course they want to resolve that someway before the hiatus.

The way they invented this way to get the Doctor back to power. Everyone on Earth thinking of his name at once. It just surprised me, didn't like it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The way they invented this way to get the Doctor back to power. Everyone on Earth thinking of his name at once. It just surprised me, didn't like it.

Yes there is a tendency to use technobabble to solve problems in new Who.

Although I wouldn't consider this the worst offender- he is a telepath and the
    psychic power of thousands are being fed into him that minute. Maybe its a comic book thing that it works for me!

They seriously overuse the sonic screw driver these days. For example, how does it grow new barbed wire? (According to a toy one I recieved for Christmas, the new sonic screwdriver is actually a mobile link to the tardis' computers, before anyone replies with that. :) )

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

SDooM wrote: »
    They seriously overuse the sonic screw driver these days. For example, how does it grow new barbed wire? (According to a toy one I recieved for Christmas, the new sonic screwdriver is actually a mobile link to the tardis' computers, before anyone replies with that. :) )
    Rubbish! It's just a poor plot device of late, that can be used at any juncture to avoid having the Doctor apply a bit more thought/ingenuity (i.e. scripting) to a problem. I'd actually rather he reverse the polarity of the neutron flow than constantly use this device.
    The original series got rid of the sonic screw driver precisely because it was a cheap solution to getting around an issue. I think this series should do the same.

microgirl wrote: »
    Um, spoiler in the subject title? Some people may not want to know that :)

It makes no sense to spoiler a thread title. Anyway, everyone knew. As SarahG says they could think anything up to puill this one off. I'm betting it'll involve a cup of tea and a cream bun falling into the TARDIS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

It makes no sense to spoiler a thread title. Anyway, everyone knew. As SarahG says they could think anything up to puill this one off. I'm betting it'll involve a cup of tea and a cream bun falling into the TARDIS.

I'm sorry, who is this "everyone" of whom you speak? I didn't bloody know, and I'm pretty sure I'm someone. I deliberately don't read the TV show forums 'cos I know I can be pretty anal about what I consider a spoiler, so to have something spoiled (even something minor) because someone was careless/thoughtless/iwhatever enough to put the spoiler as the subject title is a tad irksome! It needs to be remembered that subject titles of recent posts show up on the main page of Boards, whether people check the specific forums or not!

And I didn't mean that the thread title should be "spoiler tagged" - I simply meant don't bloody use a spoiler as the thread title! It's a pretty simple concept.

microgirl wrote: »
    I'm sorry, who is this "everyone" of whom you speak? I didn't bloody know, and I'm pretty sure I'm someone. I deliberately don't read the TV show forums 'cos I know I can be pretty anal about what I consider a spoiler, so to have something spoiled (even something minor) because someone was careless/thoughtless/iwhatever enough to put the spoiler as the subject title is a tad irksome! It needs to be remembered that subject titles of recent posts show up on the main page of Boards, whether people check the specific forums or not!

And I didn't mean that the thread title should be "spoiler tagged" - I simply meant don't bloody use a spoiler as the thread title! It's a pretty simple concept.

Well, as a rule I don't pay any attention to Internet gossip and refrain from posting about every rumor we hear about the show, but because this was officially announced by the BBC, as it was on the news and in the newspapers then I take the view it isn't really a spoiler. Sorry if it spoilt things for you, but you would have heard looonnng before the next Season anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

I wasnt really a fan of Rose...she was just a love intrest for the doctor really..Martha is the one with the smarts..Jack is the fighting type and Donna is the comedy factor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    I wasnt really a fan of Rose...she was just a love intrest for the doctor really..Martha is the one with the smarts..Jack is the fighting type and Donna is the comedy factor
    +1
    I really don't see how bringing Rose back will add anything to the show other than a few more pre-pubescent boys as fans. And another chance for a new action figure / posters / silly ''fan video'' on youtube

And another chance for a new action figure / posters / silly ''fan video'' on youtube

My Sister loves those videos!
    Drives me mad with them!!!!
    And Shes kinda a role model for young girls who want to be pretty...and who dont want to study medicine like Martha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    My Sister loves those videos!
    Drives me mad with them!!!!
    And Shes kinda a role model for young girls who want to be pretty...and who dont want to study medicine like Martha
    Mehh... if RTD wanted a role model for a companion, theres plenty who haven't:
    1.been in Doctor Who before (and been stuck in an alternate reality)
    and 2. acted as hookers previously

well Sarah Jane aint exactly young anymore....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bryan philips

Your right they ruined what was up till then a great story by trying to be to clever with the story when in the end it just came across as retarted. Have to say though I'm happy enough with Billie coming back, her relationship with the Doctor was priceless.

Advertisement