Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boohoo.com

• 27-11-2007 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ordered from them? They seem to be the new asos (since asos prices sky rocketed). Went on a little binge there and ordered a dress and 2 tops just wondering if anyone else has used them and what they are like re sizes and quality?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! you bad bad woman!!!

Why did i look at this thread?? Now i'm going to fall in love with load sof things and want to buy things i realistically can't afford!!

Hmm.... (thank you!!! :P) yeah not happy about ASOS prices going up and not really liking the clothes all too much lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

yeah i logged on for a look and the shopping just kinda 'happened'...again :) They seem to have nice stuff and v low prices im just hoping the dress i bought will fit!

ASOS accessories are all right but their own brand clothes are very low quality for the price and the sizes are very dodgy!. seems to be a back lash against them on some Uk sites due to lack of availability of discount codes. oh, if your on ASOS though I think the code 'XMASSORTED' works for a few days from today

oooh interesting!! there's a top i want actually!! thanks for that!

i've bought 2 dresses form ASOS, love them but quite pissed off that one of them, i love it and everything but it has jewels sewn on, i hand wash it yet a whole load of them have come off.

I'd prefer boohoo.com in the style of asos, easier to navigate i think!!

i think i deserve to buy mysef something, i saw a beautiful dress on ebay and when i went back to make a bid, it was gone an there should have been about 11 hours left to bid :( can't get it out of my head, so amazing!!

yeah i agree id like to be able to see the boohoo dresses on an actual model like on asos rather than just a picture. i bought this sterling dress but hope it looks allright on: http://www.boohoo.com/amfcart/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well ladies, if you go back about six pages previous to this you'll find the 'is boohoo.com any good' thread...and we are waiting on someone called Watna to give us a verdict! She ordered a dress and we are waiting to see what the quality/delivery etc is like. There are nice pieces on it alright (there is one dress i have avoided looking at in case i accidently buy it!)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I finally decided to go for it and ordered a top off them last week. I rang them to ask them a question about the top and the girl was very helpful and took my number and rang back within 2 minutes after finding out what I wanted to know.The top arrived within 3 days. It's good quality and just like the picture.I'm size 10/12 (it can go either way) so I ordered a size 12. It's a generous size 12 so I'd have been better with a 10 but that's my own fault rather than theirs. I really can't fault the top. I have a similar one from Top Shop and this is every bit as good quality despite being much cheaper.Over all I was very happy with them and I'm planning more shopping there. Hope everyone is as lucky.
    Actually they were recommended in the Sunday Business Post's article on online shopping this week. Not sure if that's an indication of quality but it might be! :)

yeah i agree id like to be able to see the boohoo dresses on an actual model like on asos rather than just a picture. i bought this sterling dress but hope it looks allright on: http://www.boohoo.com/amfcart/index.php

I'm the exact opposite on this issue. Seeing how something looks on some gorgeous tall skinny model just confuses me and puts me off in the end. The only thing I feel sure of when I see something on one of those models is that it will never look as good on me.
    Inferiority complex ? me? Yes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ok ladies, My stuff has arrived. It got here in only a few days. However, I stupidly didn't give my work address and the stuff is stuck in the sorting office as it was too big to fit in the apartment letter box. My bf is collecting it for me tomorrow morning so I'll report back on the quality of the stuff tomorrow night. At least I know it arrived in just under a week anyway!

Chilly- what's the quality like? I think some of us were worried it'd be of the Magic/Libaas shop quality, cheap and nasty. I'm keen to get something from the site...can't wait to hear Watna!

Chilly- what's the quality like?

The quality of my top is fine. I'm happy with it. I have a top very like it from Topshop and it seems to me to be exactly the same quality. I've never even walked into one of those Magic shops because I hate buying things you know will get one outting and will be mangled by the time it gets out of the washing machine the next day. I'm sure the quality of their stuff isn't going to be on a par with Coast or Monsoon but I'd say it'll be ok provided your expectations aren't too high. Maybe the really nice dresses on it etc are just that little bit too good to be true. I cant wait to hear Watna's verdict on the dress she got either. From my experience so far I'd recommend it :)

• Advertisement

Ok, the stuff is waiting at home. Yay! After I posted on here about it, I went to order the dress and then i got silly and bought a top too so there's more then one thing waiting at home for me! I'll report back later. I'll try take a photo of the dress on me too so people can see the fit. It is difficult to tell what they'll look like on when they're not on people, just floating in mid air!

how long did it take to arrive watna? cant way to see what its like!

chilly wrote: »
    I'm the exact opposite on this issue. Seeing how something looks on some gorgeous tall skinny model just confuses me and puts me off in the end. The only thing I feel sure of when I see something on one of those models is that it will never look as good on me.
    Inferiority complex ? me? Yes :)

You have a point there lol. I do sometimes see stuff on asos models and think 'yeah but im not giraffe tall and my @rse is a lot bigger than hers!'. The customer service at boohoo was brilliant. I meant to order 2 of a certain top. Ordered one by mistake and rang to try change the order before it despatched. Guy rang back to tell me it had already been despatched but offered to place me an order for another of the top with free shipping!
    didnt take him up on it (dont lik egivingmy credit card details over phone got nicked before) but v nice offer all the same

Went to order the dress I spotted last week, think it was called wilma or something,and it's gone! boo-hoo! excuse the pun!

how long did it take to arrive watna? cant way to see what its like!

Ok, I rushed home to try my stuff on and I must say for the price it's excellent. I'd compare the quality to somewhere like oasis or higher end of high street. I'm really really pleased.

I ordered a top and a dress on a saturday and it was here the following Friday. I can't link directly to the items but they're still on the site. The top is called Trixie. It's really nice on, I'm thrilled because I've been looking for tops for Christmas in the shops and haven't seen anything I like. I'm a size 8 and I never have any problems with sizes. However, As the top has beads at the top which aren't adjustable, it's slightly small, but still wearable. My bf is very impressed! A lot of the dresses seem to be in this style so maybe if you have boobies at all get a bigger size.

The dress i bought is a black polka dot dress called Marie. I'm v impressed with that too. It's made of a kind of chiffon material but, unusually for a cheaper dress has proper lining in it so it's not see through. It's slightly on the big size so I'm glad I got the 8 in that.

I'd say I got a good idea about what the clothes were like from the site. They were as I expected but better quality! The delivery was quick too. i bought stuff on a Saturday night and got an email the next day (on a sunday!) that the clothes had been dispatched.

All in all, I'd highly reccommend it! The quality of the clothes with the price is really good. I'm already thinking about buying another of the dresses for Christmas now!

good on ya watna for getting back to us waiting online shoppers! that's great to hear they fit well etc, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

that site looks great. So many dresses I'd like on there.

Great to hear that Watna.. thanks for sharing!
    When I ordered I used this code and got 10% off : Discount code: RNV002
    It's valid until December 2nd .
    I'm not on comission here... honest :)

Stuff has arrived already which is impressive! The silver shrug I ordered is fab only 5 pounds and nicer than the one Awear had for 30 euro! The dress looks good but I have not tried it on yet so will post tomorrow. Its looking a bit small so I am really hoping it will fit me eeep.
    tried to go on and order more items but the site is not working. I rang and told them but they did not seemed too concerned as it worked for them...but its not working for me

Well, tried on the dress on Friday night, nice fit so their sizes fit well. No pictures sorry as I wsnt able to take a pic of myself! Same style as those glittery dresses river island and french connection are doing at the moment. The shrugs are lovely and just as nice as what you would pay 30 for in the shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

OMG have seen loads on it that i love!!!

But, is there any way you can change the currency to Euro? Just so you know exactly what you are paying instead of watching the currency market every day?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

went online last night and spent a fortune. :o very excited at the thoughts of my delivery! will let you guys know.

By the way, ASOS are having a massive clearance sale, some nice bits to be got!

please stop this, Ive no money left!! my boots came form Littlewoods and I love them!!!! I shall be boo-hooing next....

maple wrote: »
    went online last night and spent a fortune. :o very excited at the thoughts of my delivery! will let you guys know.

By the way, ASOS are having a massive clearance sale, some nice bits to be got!

have they added to the clearance?? every bloody dress i like they don't have in my size :(

supermouse wrote: »
    OMG have seen loads on it that i love!!!

But, is there any way you can change the currency to Euro? Just so you know exactly what you are paying instead of watching the currency market every day?

no its not that sophisticated yet im afraid

ASOS sale was great for the christmas present shopping I had a binge on there too last week waiting for it to arrive now!

I'm after ordering stuff from them now.. Hope its nice. I got two dresses, a tee shirt and a top.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Right that's it..

*routes for credit card* :o

:D

xzanti wrote: »
    Right that's it..

*routes for credit card* :o

:D

go for it girl, don't fight it. :D

How much does delivery from ASOS cost ?

• Advertisement

Stuff arrived from Boohoo today. FANTASTIC!! I've a plethora of outfits to choose from now for Christmas! Nicer than any of the stuff i've seen in the shops too. (although of course i'm going to say that!)

Sizes are great too, would say they're generous so if you're the middle of a road size maybe go for the smaller one.

I'm so excited!!

Stuff arrived from Boohoo today. FANTASTIC!! I've a plethora of outfits to choose from now for Christmas! Nicer than any of the stuff i've seen in the shops too. (although of course i'm going to say that!)

Sizes are great too, would say they're generous so if you're the middle of a road size maybe go for the smaller one.

I'm so excited!!

How long were u waiting?? I ordered 3 dresses yesterday... What are my chances of having them for the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

is anyone else having trouble viewing "more images" - I cant get any up!

yep! i can never view anymore - which is why i'd prefer their website to be in the style of ASOS!

i can't see anything i'm too mad about on boohoo... i need to see it on models i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

yeah even if they gave you the length measurements. Most of the dresses on ASOS are v. crotch revealing so am a bit worried about the length of them on this site!

How long were u waiting?? I ordered 3 dresses yesterday... What are my chances of having them for the weekend :D

fat chance! :D

i ordered them sunday and got them this morning.

• Advertisement

fat chance! :D

i ordered them sunday and got them this morning.

Oh well lol :D...

Oh well lol :D...

well maybe if you cross your fingers and pray really hard, Santa will answer your prayers. :D

Got mine today, I'm quite happy with the quality, the only issue is that they're very creased from being packaged but I'm just going to run the iron over them later.

Also one of my dresses was left out, I emailed them about it and they got back to me and said it was out of stock, but it was on the invoice as paid, so they've told me they will refund the price of the missing dress.

Would have been nice if they had told me this when I placed the order but I won't hold it against them this time :)

Overall I'm pretty happy and plan to buy from them again...

I havent got mine yet :(

they have just emailed me and given me a code to get 10% off any orders placed before 10th jan 08 which i can also send to family and friends - that was nice of them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement