Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin threads

Options
  • 27-11-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Just for those of us who go for a holiday in Paris or any other monster European city and then post up about what a kip Dublin is, take in to account that you are a tourist and you mainly stick to the tourist trail.

Check this out!

http://breakingnews.ie/world/mhmhidkfqlid/

"Yesterday rampaging youths took to the streets for a second successive night in the suburbs, setting fire to dozens of cars and buildings. At least 77 officers were injured."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

this is miles outside of the city centre, you wouldn't even know this was going on. and hopefully, they all get shot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

this is miles outside of the city centre, you wouldn't even know this was going on. and hopefully, they all get shot!!!

Ah, a humanitarian! :D

It got close to the city centre in 05!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

and hopefully, they all get shot!!!
    I think only a few of the police officers were shot.

i tell you what really grates me, and this is one of the reasons i left france. first of all that article is seriously not telling the truth, and although it's impossible for anyone to know the whole truth, as in what really happened, we can certainly look at the facts.
    fact: 2 15 year old kids stole a motorbike, and were riding as fast as possible on it without helmets
    fact they had a collision with a police car
    fact they both died

more than that i don't know.

the fact that there are now riots in the suburbs is no surprise, just like in 2005 because these guys are seriously bored and have nothing better to do, but it just makes me sad to think these guys are wrecking their own cars, shops, jobs etc on their own doorstep. they've now put 100 people of their own community out of jobs. they've just burnt their neighbors car who relies on it everyday to get to work. i would have a lot more respect for these kids if they had the balls to take their fight to paris, get organised and fight the power, but as it stands they're just fcukin morans who deserve every rubber bullet they receive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'm with you Shrapnel. My point was about the people who come on here pissing and moaning about what a sh*thole Dublin is when they have come back from a weekend in Barcelona or Paris or Madrid. Its only when you live in another major European capital that you realise how bad things can get. Just because you have walked around a few streets looking at nice stalls and eating great food doesn't mean you have "experienced" a city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

i tell you what really grates me, and this is one of the reasons i left france. first of all that article is seriously not telling the truth, and although it's impossible for anyone to know the whole truth, as in what really happened, we can certainly look at the facts.
    fact: 2 15 year old kids stole a motorbike, and were riding as fast as possible on it without helmets
    fact they had a collision with a police car
    fact they both died

more than that i don't know.

the fact that there are now riots in the suburbs is no surprise, just like in 2005 because these guys are seriously bored and have nothing better to do, but it just makes me sad to think these guys are wrecking their own cars, shops, jobs etc on their own doorstep. they've now put 100 people of their own community out of jobs. they've just burnt their neighbors car who relies on it everyday to get to work. i would have a lot more respect for these kids if they had the balls to take their fight to paris, get organised and fight the power, but as it stands they're just fcukin morans who deserve every rubber bullet they receive

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=U03DgPOcwf8

Jay D wrote: »

nice lol, at least they had helmets though

Advertisement