Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving Fuerteventura

• 27-11-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey guys,

looking at getting a Ryanair flight to Fuertenventura over xmas for a spot of diving. So im looking for someone to recommend a dive centre and some accommadation.

I want to do my PADI AOWD.

Accommadation needs to be nice (to keep the non diving GF happy)

Im thinking Corralejo.... but am open to suggestion

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

walshy123 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

looking at getting a Ryanair flight to Fuertenventura over xmas for a spot of diving. So im looking for someone to recommend a dive centre and some accommadation.

I want to do my PADI AOWD.

Accommadation needs to be nice (to keep the non diving GF happy)

Im thinking Corralejo.... but am open to suggestion

All help appreciated

Haven't been, but it might be worth checking out Shane Gray's (of Scubadive West) prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I stayed in Caleta De Fuste when I went there. I didn't dive, but the resort itself was probably the most boring place I have been to outside of Wicklow:D

(Apologies to Wickla people, onl a joke, I love the place really)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 missmagic

Hi I dived in Fuertaventura a couple of years ago. I didn't do PADI course there (did written exam here but most of the expereince dives in Australia)but just went out for a few dives with a local PADI divemaster in Corralejo. Cant remember his name off-hand but will look it up tonight for you,
    I was there in August and vis was ok. Not the most exciting place to dive but grand for a nice leisurely dive

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

I stayed in Caleta De Fuste when I went there. I didn't dive, but the resort itself was probably the most boring place I have been to outside of Wicklow:D

(Apologies to Wickla people, onl a joke, I love the place really)

Hey There,
    I did this a couple of years ago with the family. (Surprisingly, we are from Wickla) anyway, resort boring as F! good thing I was doing my OWAD course, as there was zilch else to do. I did two dives a day, (while the familia were off goat spotting) found it great, I dived with http://www.deep-blue-diving.com/ they were fantastic, in so many ways, I had missing paperwork, they got it faxed in from Thailand, organised a dive checkup for me (compulsory for diving under spanish law)
    I'd say if you are looking for nightlife dont go there, but I had a great trip. But, I AM from wickla ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 crabby

Deep Blue is constantly getting the max score on the German SCUBA pages. I'll be over there from the 10. and I'm really looking forward to it, remind me to post an update next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chaotic

crabby wrote: »
    Deep Blue is constantly getting the max score on the German SCUBA pages. I'll be over there from the 10. and I'm really looking forward to it, remind me to post an update next month.

So, what's the verdict? I'm heading over there meself soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 crabby

Really nice place, very professional. They have their own staked out dive sites. All dives sites are reached by RIB (it's the law over there that a boat needs to in the water if you wanna dive). Rolly and his gang are quite cool. Not sure how you are getting there but if you booked your flights your self and you are carrying dive gear give them a shout and check whether they can collect you from the airport. If you havent booked accomodation yet talk to Rolly as well he has connections int El Castillo.
    While I'm typing away i completely missed the main facts: viz is 20++ and I havent had a day of rain.
    Over all a really cool place to be in January (temperature, water, beer and food A+) Both thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 RogerViking

forget el herothingy stay in tenerife and dive with this crowd
    http://www.dive24-7tenerife.com/
    there irish and damned good too.

Advertisement