Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Daze '07

Options
  • 27-11-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Jaysus, you can tell the exams are before chrimbo; not a whiff of a mention of CD on the forum!

Lawl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

When are they this year?

[Not that it will make much of a difference to me but I like to be in the know... like that guy from the ad]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Otacon wrote: »
    When are they this year?

[Not that it will make much of a difference to me but I like to be in the know... like that guy from the ad]
    This week...
    No idea whos playing or whats on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

kaimera wrote: »
    This week...
    No idea whos playing or whats on

dont think there are any gigs organised just 3 days of drinking in the stables

its today tomorrow and thursday by the way for anyone whos interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

With assignments still due this Friday [damn marketing research and accounting] it is difficult to think of going on the beer for the week like.
    That being said I just had a wicked weekend of beer, and last night was a late one too as we finished off the remaining beers from a house party saturday...
    Maybe if I stopped drinking I wouldnt still have projects to do :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Otacon, we'll make up for it at the end of my exams..You better be coming up for a session!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i only have on project due and its not due till monday but due to the fact i wont be here mnday that deadline for me is friday.........if i get it done tonight ill drink tomorrow otherwise i wont be drinking this week.

its a bitch of a 40% project too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im havin my own Christmas daze on friday after I get everything handed up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Christmas Daze has completely lost its character over the years...certainly not the same atmosphere as there was for my first festivities back in '04 but then the Scholars was around then too. It's deteriorated considerably over the years due to the following factors:
    - Scholars' closure
    - extension to three days
    - pre-sale of tickets rather than on-the-door charity donation
    - and this year the added burden of exams before Christmas.

People always had projects and stuff due, but things were definitely quieter today in the Stables than in previous years. I was hoping that Java's would recreate the atmosphere in the courtyard that existed before with the Scholars, but not really.

I know Christmas Daze was always just another excuse to go drinking, but it seems even more like a 1st year thing this year and just a drunken mess.

Yes, I'm hoping to turn this into another "Scholars - RIP *sigh*" thread
    :D
    cooperguy wrote: »
    Im havin my own Christmas daze on friday after I get everything handed up:D
    I think a fair few people are planning on having their own Christmas Day on Friday - particularly 4th years! W00t! We can start a new tradition! :)

Well you gave up your chance to enjoy christmas daze when you decided to work on the door, dealing with drunken people celebrating christmas a month early would hardly be much fun!

Oh and YAY for starting a new "4th year christmas daze" tradition on the Friday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Awww..I'm not around to head over to UL for Christmas daze this year..damn stupid placement, would perfer if I had exams!:(:(

Well you gave up your chance to enjoy christmas daze when you decided to work on the door, dealing with drunken people celebrating christmas a month early would hardly be much fun!
    Drunk people are generally tolerable! Most of the time, anyway!

Besides, for reasons I pointed out in my earlier post, Christmas Daze aren't much fun anymore, so I might as well earn money instead of spending it. :)
    Oh and YAY for starting a new "4th year christmas daze" tradition on the Friday:D

Hereby declared an official 'tradition' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mossin wrote: »
    Otacon, we'll make up for it at the end of my exams..You better be coming up for a session!!

I'll be like a bad smell; you won't be able to get rid of me! (or I could just smell really bad...)

I think we can now see a disadvantage to the whole exams-before-christmas argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Christmas Daze this week, eh? No wonder Groody Bar had a few people in it at around 6 yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

We had lunch in the Stables courtyard around 2 yesterday. The place looked dead. When I was an undergrad there were queues forming from 12 on.

KerranJast wrote: »
    We had lunch in the Stables courtyard around 2 yesterday. The place looked dead. When I was an undergrad there were queues forming from 12 on.
    Hell last year there was queues forming from 12 on. I know I was in them!!!

Yup, just wasn't the same at all this year; very much quieter - although in a good way really as it made being in the Stables almost tolerable!

And the Lodge wasn't full by, like, 10pm either?! :eek: Madness I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

xmas dayz jsut havtn been the same since it turned into a ticket affair.. remember been in the scholars in first year and getting kicked out at 3 for the food clean up and then the rampage to get back in and get a seat pay 2 quid or so to charity on the door.. people asleep by 6.. anphulais covered in glass... those were the days.. i dont know anybody who bothered with tickets for the stables.. and mollys had space on the 3rd floor even on thursday nite..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Nutty wrote: »
    and mollys had space on the 3rd floor even on thursday nite..
    Saturday around 12-1:15 is the only time there isn't space up there

Advertisement