Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipless Shoes

Options
  • 27-11-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend might be getting me some Sidi Dominator 5s for christmas and though I was initially super excited I realised that buying a shoe over the internet isn't such a great idea. I have wider than usual feet, so I have a feeling that it'd be a bad idea to buy without trying. I know they do a wide fitting shoe but I've also heard they run quite narrow..

What brands do Dublin bike shops usually carry, have they a good selection? I'm looking for a stiffish MTB shoe (not for an MTB but so I can walk with them on).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055185396

Common brands in Dublin - Shimano, Diadora, Carnac, Specialized, Cannondale.

If you buy online you can always send them back. Some places charge a "restocking fee" (Chainreaction) while others don't (Wiggle).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Morgan wrote: »

If you buy online you can always send them back. Some places charge a "restocking fee" (Chainreaction) while others don't (Wiggle).

I sent stuff back to CRC but don't recall being charged anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Wheelworx

Sidi tend to be a narrow fitting shoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I know absolutely nothing about clipless pedals and shoes, but I'm going to fit them to my fixie after Christmas. Can anyone direct me to a website where all the different types and options are explained in a Fisher Price / "for dummies" style? I guess it would be an easier option for me if I could wear the shoes around work during the day rather than have to change in and out every morning and evening.

Thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Chain Reaction don't charge anything for returns, though you do have to pay for the return postage (naturally enough).
    Morgan wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

flickerx wrote: »
    I know absolutely nothing about clipless pedals and shoes, but I'm going to fit them to my fixie after Christmas. Can anyone direct me to a website where all the different types and options are explained in a Fisher Price / "for dummies" style? I guess it would be an easier option for me if I could wear the shoes around work during the day rather than have to change in and out every morning and evening.

Thanx

If you want to walk around in them, you will want spd compatible shoes and pedals. I have double sided spd pedals on my fixie and I use a pretty basic pair of Shimano MTB shoes. You can get ones which are more street-like and look like trainers. My pedals allow you to clip in on both sides and do not have a platform. There are some pedals available which have a platform on one side and the spd system on the other side. This allows you to easily use regular shoes with the pedals.

Advertisement