Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Date Ideas?

• 27-11-2007 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭

I have a young lady joining me for dinner and was hoping ye might have some piss easy recipes for me to wow her with.

Garlic mushrooms:
    Butter
    Breadcrumbs
    Garlic
    butter garlic and breadcrums into a bowl
    about a dozen mushroooms
    coat the mushies
    grill.
    serve with some kind of side salad thing. (bag of mixed salad)

At the moment I'm thinking boil some baby potatoes in their skins in a pot of salted water, melt some butter throw in some garlic and rosemary chuck in the potatoes and serve.
    Butter fly a few chicken breasts, insert some stuffing, wrap the hole shabang in some rashers oven roast for 40 mins (I'm guessing, no seriously ) at about 180.
    Boil some baby carrots with some sugar.
    bit of gravy, drop of red wine in it.

Bottle of wine

Ok?
    Any better suggestions

Im just thinking the chicken wrapped in bacon with stuff has been kinda done to death hasnt it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theatrebuff

All in oven type food

fillet of pork (not stuffed or opened up)
    eating apples 2
    honey
    cider or apple juice or even orange juice

oven proof dish
    oven at 180

slice apples not too thin put in dish
    roll up pork no need to tie place on top of apples
    sprinkle with salt and pepper
    drizzle over 2 or 3 tablespoons of runny honey
    pour in liquid to cover apples

depending on size of fillet about 40/45 minutes in oven. baste once or twice during cooking.

At same time cook root veg in another oven proof dish shallow not deep
    use potato baby salad type unpeeled or other peeled and chopped into big bite sized pieces, also carrots, parsnip, onions shallots or chopped in 4 larger onion red is nice, whole garlic (not just one clove)cut in half, if using sweet potato peel but keep pieces large as they cook fairly quickly,any other root veg you fancy. sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and a good glugg of olive oil to coat but not drown. You can add a few little whole tomatoes just 10 min before end of cooking time for added flavour and great colour.

After 40 /45 mins take out meat dish leave pork to rest. Give veg a stir and check if carrots are cooked to your satisfaction stir add tomaatoes if liked. leave in oven.
    If liquid is very runny pour it into little saucepan and boil vigourously to reduce to nice sticky sauce, very hot watch it.
    Carve pork and plate with apples
    allow guest to help themselves to veg and sauce.
    Oven ware can usually be used on table... remember its hot so may need a mat under the dish.

dessert melted choc sauce - choc cream alcohol and some fruit/ marshmallows to dip in it.
    Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I like i tbut wouldnt that be a bit heavy you know....
    I;m thinking maybe penne all'Amatriciana

Yes its hearty food. the penne is a good option, tasty and easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

You are going to roast a chicken breast for 40 minutes - better sole your shoe with it. 25 to 30 minutes at most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Nice tossed green salad with wine vinegrette. Some cheese stuffed mushrooms for appetizers and then pasta with shrimp and thick red sauce with a lot of oragano. Chocolate ice cream cake for desert and of course the red wine..there..it is all set for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

One other thing, avoid onions and garlic if you want it to be romantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

meh if are both stinking whats the harm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An easy one (don't let her see you cook this).

For two:
    Fry 8 fish fingers, when they're done hack them up and pour over one jar of Loyd Grossman Smoky Bacon Pasta Sauce from Tesco or any big store. Heat for 5 mins so the fish will suck up a lot of the sauce. The fingers gives the sauce a lot of substance

Goes with al dente pasta.

This dish is so easy and tasty it's a shame to tell people how it's made :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ten-Minute-Szechuan-Chicken/Detail.aspx

You can have it done in less time than it takes to cook the rice, and it really does taste impressive.

cozmik wrote: »
    Nice tossed green salad with wine vinegrette. Some cheese stuffed mushrooms for appetizers and then pasta with shrimp and thick red sauce with a lot of oragano. Chocolate ice cream cake for desert and of course the red wine..there..it is all set for you. :)

Sound tasty but as Shirley Conran said 'life's too short to stuff a mushroom'

• Advertisement
Advertisement