Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Recently bought Kettle Chips new variety: Chicken and Rosemary. I wasn't expecting much as chicken flavour crisps are usually too salty and artifical tasting, but reading the blurb on the back, these are made using real chicken stock (not suitable for vegetarians!) and no MSG.

And they're delicious!

I hadn't had Kettle Chips for a while and I have to say the actual crisp quality is much better than any other "handcooked" imitators, which tend to be overly greasy....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Spice rings, meanies or the old Perri pan fried salt and vingear when they put tons of flavour on. Used to burn the taste buds off, mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

snaps

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

armour87 wrote: »
    Posh Crisps eh?
    Trying to eat less crisps so I like to make it count when I indulge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

burger bites:D red doritoes:D buffalo hunky doreys:D cheese and onion hoola hoops:D sour cream and onion pringles:D:D:D:D cant choose favourite!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, I like so many!

Tayto C&O
    King C&O
    Hunky Dorys C&O
    McCoys Flamegrilled Steak
    Ghosties (I find it hard to source these)

Used to be fond of Smiths Scampi Fries and Bacon Bites, but they're not easy found.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

watna wrote: »
    Marks and Spencers handcooked crisps in Roqufort and bacon flavour are my ultimate fave but I don't know if they really count, as you can only get them in m and s.

Otherwise, Buffalo Hunky Dory's get my vote!

How do you cook crisps with yore hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

A nice pack of monster munch, especially when they get stuck on your teeth and you have to unlodge them with your tongue, and there is always one extra spicy one in the pack MMMMMMMmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭Archeron

Quality wrote: »
    A nice pack of monster munch, especially when they get stuck on your teeth and you have to unlodge them with your tongue, and there is always one extra spicy one in the pack MMMMMMMmmmmm

Yeah, but the smell of them is so hard to get rid of afterwards. I vow never to eat them at lunch in work before a meeting again! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

...sent from Ireland by me ma.... my "Christmas Box" of tayto C & O, nyummm
    :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

^ Am waiting on my box as well from teh mammy. :) I only have a couple of bags of Meanies left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The-Rigger wrote: »
    How do you cook crisps with yore hands?

Virtous monks wear giant heat proof gloves and hold the crisps in the boiling oil for the required time and then lay them tenderly on trays where they're put in a bag for me to eat.

Eating a bag now actually, after a trip to M and s for Christmas food. MMMM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

King.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any flavour of McCoys. The new Mexican Chili ones are great.
    A nice bag of pub Tayto, always seem to taste better in pubs.

Absolutley despise Snax,euurgh. Had a fairly lengthy association with Hot Lips when I was in school but now nothing can beat a bag of McCoys and a cup of coffee in Urlingford on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

meanies love them so i do, and i do agree with bigkev mcCoys are yummy eps the chedder ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

olaola wrote: »
    Tayto - Cheese and Onion.... The 'Original'

(Chipsticks are a close second)

+1

Think theie ad campaign for a Mrs Tayto is a bit stupid though. As well as that Simon Delaney, the actor, must be stuck for work if he is going arond Ireland in a bus to find Mrs Tayto....

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

ah it has to be walker salt and vinegar. Nothing beats them really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Addicted to all types of crisps - Walkers, Snaxs, Hunky Dorys, Banshee Bones, Meanies, Mummies, Monster Munch, Waffles, anthing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Those new Velvet Crunch crisps are yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nik Naks rib 'n' saucy. They are the nicest crisps ever made.
    They are also the hardest to find.
    A friend found some last week. I only have one pack left and am keeping it for a special occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

new tayto are absolutely disgusting don't know how anyone can eat them.

i have to add to my list of snaps.

banshee bones
    mc coys salt 'n' vinegar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

will try any sort of crisps except salt and vinegar

like sensations vintage cheddar & red onion chutney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Scampi Fries and Bacon Bites or whatever they're called can be found in their multitudes in Off Licences around the country!!

Scampi Fries are my favourite, then Meanies, then hula hoops salt and vinegar, then hula hoops bbq, then hunky dorys buffalo, then doritos chilli heatwave, then chipsticks, then walkers prawn cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Banshee Bones
    Frisps Salt n Vinegar
    Discos Salt n Vinegar
    Paprika Pringles

Just back from sweden, where they for some reason do not believe in the almighty Salt n Vinegar crisp!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

Walkers salt and vinegar, cheese and onion
    Skips
    Meanies
    Rancheros

Yum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Terry wrote: »
    Nik Naks rib 'n' saucy. They are the nicest crisps ever made.
    They are also the hardest to find.
    A friend found some last week. I only have one pack left and am keeping it for a special occasion.

where the hell did you find nik naks.

they were like the best thing ever invented,havnt seen them anywhere in years.....

now i really want a pack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

kev_s88 wrote: »
    where the hell did you find nik naks.

they were like the best thing ever invented,havnt seen them anywhere in years.....

now i really want a pack :(

I used always get a few packs in UCD from the vending machines under the library. brilliant crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Nik naks were a rip off of King Crunchos.

Those Crunchos (hot dog flavoured) were something else.

Real McCoys Cheese N Onion are decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Bikers
    Spicy Rings/Thai Rings
    S&V Frisps/discos
    French Fries
    Johnnie Onion Rings
    Mighty Munch (cuz tayto sold the name monster munch to walkers but theirs don't taste the same)
    Hot Lips

I can't eat a lot of the regular crisps anymore as they're cooked in 'sunflower oil' - thus they taste oily and my stomach says 'booourns' when I eat em. But I'm an S&V girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those Crunchos (hot dog flavoured) were something else..

Yep, my favourites, until they changed them and made them way less crunchy.

Advertisement