Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

hula hoops BBQ flavour

yum yum

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Bikers are the best! And Thai Rings are lovely

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

SeanD25, do not sign up just to get people to take your survey - ESPECIALLY not without permission from the moderator (me). Post deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

rancheros (spelling lol)
    monster munch
    or
    Tesco onion rings are my favourites

used to love ministicks s and v,, but cant seem to get them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i only know one shop selling them ministickes xanthe, the spar at Pearse DART station sells them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭xanthe

Cremo wrote: »
    i only know one shop selling them ministickes xanthe, the spar at Pearse DART station sells them.
    thanks up there in 2 weeks will bring suitcase and stock up !!! thanks YAY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Sam Spudz smokey bacon are the nicest smokey bacon you can get.

Great when you have a hangover:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Hunky Dorys Salt n vingegar
    Walkers lites cheese n onion
    Snax
    Banshees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Space invaders

Meanies just are'nt the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 iamspartacus

back in the day when i was broke it was
    1 mummies
    2 ghosties
    3 crunchos
    nowadays its got to be
    1 walkers pink
    2 frisps c+o
    3 discos
    and a special mentian for aldis cheese puffs:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Love the buffalo hunkey doreys, bbq hula hoops, green pringles and loads of the cheapo crisps like wheelies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I love Salt n'vinegar anything! Yummmm..

This thread has reminded me I havn't had those cheap crisps in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like anything Sweet Chilli flavoured (Sensations, Velvet Crunch...)
    Also, cheapie S&V crisps... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Mighty Munch..

Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

xanthe wrote: »
    thanks up there in 2 weeks will bring suitcase and stock up !!! thanks YAY :D

That spar has been closed for a while for renovations. It's still not open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

zeris wrote: »
    If you like a spicy crisp the best I have tasted so far is Tyrrells Jalapeno Chilli & Lemon. Very Tasty! I have only seen them in Donnybrook Fair.

A close second is Burts Hot Chilli and Lemon Crisps which also has better availability. I have spotted the red packet in random shops around Dublin. I know Itsa Bagel and KC Peaches always have them.

Ah will you go away out of that !!

Mighty Munch for me ... somebody mentioned mummies here .. they were the business !

Somebody also mentioned Waffles ..... "bacon flavour" ... is there any other flavour? or maybe i just picked up the way they wrote it wrongly ..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Meanies
    Pringles Rice Infusions Sour Cream
    Skips
    Kettle Chips Basalmic Vineger
    Hunky Dorys All Flavours
    Monstor Munch (The Irish Ones)
    Walkers Pickled Onion
    Banshee Bones

Loads more there just off the Top of my head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Groe

Crisps are the nicest of all junk in my opinion! Salt and vinegar hunky dorys! Bacon Waffels! All Tayto! King! All the ones you can buy in the €shop!! But best of all are thai sweet chilli sensations!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

*Drools*

Meanies
    S&V Walkers
    Waffles
    Chipsticks
    Snax
    Snaps
    Treble Crunch
    Monster Munch
    Onion Rings
    Rancheros

Don't actually buy many crisps these days, but always have a pack or two of Treble Crunch lying around at home. If we have people staying over and are having a few drinks at home, find Lidl and Aldi do some great large packs of crisps. Most recently I bought a "rip off" of Sensations Red Onion + Cheese (name is a lot fancier, caramelised red onion and vintage cheddar or some malarkey) in Lidl and they were bloody nice! :o They also have a nice "Paprika" flavoured crinkle cut crisp in giant bags which I just have to give a wide berth to....nom nom..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Im not really a crisp person, however I have found myself eating walkers salt n'vinegar alot lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

walkers prawn cocktail. Years ago tayto brought out a limited edition . they were spring onion flavour and were very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Had a packet of Nik Naks yesterday, they were gorgeous. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I LOVE crisps, I tried picking my favourite but there's way to many. I love bbq Hula Hoops, Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations, Skips, C&O Tayto or King, Rancheros, Waffles, Monster Munch, S&V Hunky Dory's, Mini Chips...that's all I cn think of for now. Used to love all those 10p crisps too - Banshee Bones, Hot Lips, Ghosties, Meanies, Curry Chips and Wheelies but they just don't taste the same any more :( Wheelies are still nice though. Anyone remember crisps you could get for 5p years ago? The bag was tiny but they were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had S+V Real McCoys today for the first time.

I approve!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I used to work for Walkers,Had one of those Free Standing "Dumps" in the appartment I lived in in Dublin and had it over flowing with the returns that we used to get from the supermarket... It has to be the best chat up line ever!! "Do You Like Crisps?"

I had BOXES of sensations in my car for ages when they first came on the market..

I love Walkers Ready Salted.. and the also had A pack called
    "Salt and Shake"

I would also be prone to a packet of Sam Spudz Barbecue..

ANYONE remember Farmer Browns?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I remember those 5p packets and they were gorgeous. I remember Farmer Browns aswell.

Its always been my dream to go to a crisp factory and add extra flavouring and sample the produce:D.

My current favourite are walkers senstation cheese and onion chutney. Or Chedder cheese and mango chutney...can't remember the max but they are thick ridged crisps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I like King and Hunky Dory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

What were those crunchy bacon ones, they looked like chunky twigs. Think there was an American flag on the bag too. Bacon flavour. Not seen them around in yonks though.
    Nik naks were a rip off of King Crunchos.

Those Crunchos (hot dog flavoured) were something else.

Ha, and there we are. Probably just want to try them again for nostalgic reasons.

Anyway, few of my favourites.

S and V McCoys
    Chilli Dorito's
    The rib sensations, might not be the right name though.
    Thai Sweet Chili
    Anything cheesy
    S and V Disco's
    Buffalo Hunky Dory's

Ah feck it, anything really, don't think there's a bad tasting crisp. Except Original and Ready Salted. What's the point in them? Always the last ones left in the multipacks.
    back in the day when i was broke it was

2 frisps c+o

Bloody hell, not seen them in ages either. S and V were just devine. They were so crisp clean and crunchy. Absolutely perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

Tayto Waffles. No competition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Cheese and Onion Taytos
    Ripples
    S&V Hula Hoops
    Meanies
    Burger Bites (i think that was what they were called...)

Mmmm...

Advertisement