Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Monster Munch/Mighty Munch apart from when they get stuck in the ole teeth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Passenger wrote: »
    Monster Munch/Mighty Munch apart from when they get stuck in the ole teeth. :D

+1, altho the new ones arent a patch on the old ones from years ago,
    probably all those E-numbers or whatever!

also blue doritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Walkers%20Sensations%20Thai%20Sweet%20Chilli.JPG

^The nicest crisps EVER! *drools*

I also love Hunky Dory Salt n Vinegar, Tayto Salt n Vinegar, Monster Munch and Burger Bites.
    I remember when a packet of Burger Bites cost 10p. Ah those were the days

On the flipside, I don't like Cheese and Onion flavour crisps. Sorry. :(

Further to this post, I must add:

HunkyDorys-Buffalo.jpg

Mmmmm......buffalo!!

• Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Further to this post, I must add:

HunkyDorys-Buffalo.jpg

Mmmmm......buffalo!!
    Like them and the walkers chilli crisps.

Current favourite is.....
    bistro_CO.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chaotic_vr

Has to be tayto ripples sour cream and onion:pac: nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

wheelies 2 bags and some pickley fingers later .. satisfaction :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I also love red pringles, but they've been taken away from me:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I also love red pringles, but they've been taken away from me:(

So much for "Nah, I don't really like Pringles...". I was saving you from yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bbq beef flavour hula hoops, nyom nyom nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

my current favourite is definitely Rancheros....

although i got a crap pack last week that had barely any flavour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

kev_s88 wrote: »
    my current favourite is definitely Rancheros....

although i got a crap pack last week that had barely any flavour

Cutbacks on the flavour budget - them's be Recessioneros

(d'ya see what I did there? :pac:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What happened to the old multibags of "meaty" crisps though? :confused: Used to be able to get big variety multipacks of beef/chicken/bacon/prawn/spring onion. But that all ended when Aldi (last chain to carry such a product) stopped stocking them. Now the only "real crisps" that are meaty are the prawn in the walkers and the bacon tayto (no, BBQ does not count!! Do you enjoy licking a barbeque or eating the culinary wonders that come from it? :p )

And I remember these wee single packs of potato (not corn) snacks shaped like those twirly pasta... nicest things going, had a crackin salt n' vinegar, spicy tomato, bacon...

Nowadays I'm down to the Monster Munch and the Tayto. Walkers are okay, at least the prawn and worcester sauce...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seadog9

TAYTO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Tayto - Snaps FTW, you know the pickled onion flavoured things in the blue bag, I could eat bag after bag after bag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

Cheese and Onion Taytos, chickatees, wheelies (havent had them in ages must get some) king cheese and onion, taytos salt and vinegar, the list is endless really.....crisps are the best thing in the world.....*goes to find a bag of taytos....crisp sandwich anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Can you still get:
    7911yogurtGreenOnion.gif
    in Ireland?
    Can't find any in Galway... :(

Skips/Waffles are 2nd best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Smiths Bacon and Scampi Fries. Only ever ate them at the pub after a few swifties. Tasty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

sour cream & onion ripples are tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hotlips
    Bikers
    Chipsticks
    Wotzits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I cannot resist those crisps:D

Put them between buttered toast - yum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Sea Salt Kettle or Salt & Pepper Kettle. They've improved in the last year or so, remember Kettle at the start, you could break teeth on the things..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Monster Munch and Chipsticks are fantastic, but a sandwich requires some good ol' cheese and onion King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 liz51

Tayto Velvet Crunch, they low fat ones, therye not made out of potato though, its some low carb plant? u can get them in sweet thai chilli or cheese and onion and they are addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Defo has to be Tayti Ripple Sour Cream and Onion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Chili Wave Doritos...with salsa dip!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Does anybody make their own crisps? I used to when I was a kid, would just peel a potato until it was all gone, then throw the shavings into a deep fat fryer. You could also slice them to get really thick ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

oooooooo also want to know if you can get Kettle Chips in Galway got totally addicted to Honey Dijon in Toronto

http://www.kettlefoods.com/index.php?cID=11924

yum yum yum....and i think my username says what my favourites are. I also went through a meanies phase too, a pack a day for a couple of months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Charcoal

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Worchestershire Sauce crisps!! Perri did them years ago, and the odd time you see Walkers packs in shops. Easily bought in England. Fabulous!

For all the Snax/Mighty Munch/ Chipstix addicts out there, I got a multi-pack in Tesco today containing only those crisps!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Charcoal wrote: »
    I can't believe no-one has mentioned Worchestershire Sauce crisps!! Perri did them years ago, and the odd time you see Walkers packs in shops. Easily bought in England. Fabulous!

For all the Snax/Mighty Munch/ Chipstix addicts out there, I got a multi-pack in Tesco today containing only those crisps!
    Christ, I love Worcestershire Sauce crisps.

The Perri ones were my favourite (before that, was Farmer Browns), but I don't think Perri make them anymore (do Perri exist anymore?)

Walkers ones are nowhere near as nice, but the Hunky Dorys ones were nice, but they seem to be nowhere now too. :(

Advertisement