Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw 27 November 2007 (contains spoilers obviously!)

• 27-11-2007 2:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw Santino and Jerichos promo and subsequent match. Comedic gold from both. Reminds me of Rock/Angle. Although Jerichos new finisher is so very weak. The "Code Breaker" is...how can I describe it...a reverse "back-cracker" to the face :rolleyes:

And so Flairs one last run begins, he retires if he loses a match. Looking forward to how they play this one out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Vince said it doesn't matter how Flair wins (Dq, countout etc.) would not be surprised to see his run go all the way to Wrestlemania loosing to..Hogan:eek:.No seriously wouldn't be surprised to see him in the headline championship match. Should be an interesting few months anyway. As for Jericho and Satino have to agree very good segment, new finisher not sure about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Yet again, the only reason I enjoyed Raw this week was for Jericho and Jeff Hardy/HHH. Jericho is still the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i couldn't believe the reception jericho got last night, seems the honeymoon period is well and truly over, remove the music and you could hear a pin drop.

he looked very rusty in the ring (thats to be expected of course), his new finishing move is mega-lame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Raw was deadly this week. I really enjoyed it. They managed to build up feuds, characters and angles and it was all done logically

Jericho reminded me of why I used to dislike him pre-2002, up until Santino came out. Santino is awesome, he hasn't failed to entertain me in months now. I've been trying to figure out where I've seen Jericho's new finisher before and I know I'm going to kick myself when I remember who it is that does it

They started off Flair's retirement angle well, I hope they can keep it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Just saw Jericho's promo and i thought it was great, bringing back the "visual aids". How long til they bring Stephanie back for him to rip into?

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    . I've been trying to figure out where I've seen Jericho's new finisher before and I know I'm going to kick myself when I remember who it is that does it

Shark Boy..Shark Blast

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

it's one thing saying the code breaker is a weak finisher but i'd go further it's a weak setup move never mind finisher but i suppose if you can win a world championship with an rko.......

How long before Jericho wins the title? It's obvious it was promised to him when he came back so how long before he gets it? Next pay-per-view or do they hold off to the Rumble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The RKO is a decent move, diappointed in Jerichos finisher, Shark boy and Gregory Helms use that as a normal move, he is fairly rusty and has nothing between moves, In his first match back too it was unadvertised and it was against Santino who is entertaining but cant wrestle

But it was a decent Raw

The Hornswoggle segment looked better on paper than the edited mess on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

How long before Jericho wins the title? It's obvious it was promised to him when he came back so how long before he gets it? Next pay-per-view or do they hold off to the Rumble?

I really doubt he was promised the title. I can't see him winning it until at least after WM, but I don't think he'll be in a title feud by then so it'll be some time longer

I don't ever remember seeing Helms use that move before. He uses the Shining Wizard though. I'm starting to think that it's CIMA who uses the move Jericho did...haven't seen him wrestle in a while though

• Advertisement

http://rajah.com/base/node/10100

Has it hear about Jerich/Helms finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Yeah there's a few vids of Shark Boy doing it around, nothing special

Yeah i was just waiting for him to slap the walls of Jericho on Satino. Not too surprised about his first match back, an easy way to ease him back into the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I didn't like Raw this week. I thought it was a poor effort up until the main event which was excellent and for me saved it from being a mess. Some thoughts:

- The opener was a fun start to the show but I'm surprised they're pulling the trigger on Jeff vs HHH this early. I've no problem with Triple H beating Jeff clean (as I suspect will happen) if it will actually lead somewhere and ultimately see Jeff beating Triple H. However if Triple H is just going to beat Jeff and move on into the title frame then it will be utterly senseless and detrimental.

- Promo from Flair was very good and the stuff with Vince was fine but then the segment became a bit of a mess with Orton's arrival. He thanks Ric for all his help and then thanks him in advance for the chance to end his career. Uh, what? Could they not bother to explain WHY Randy Orton wanted to end Flair's career? He's beaten Flair numerous times in the past so why would he want to get involved in this situation? Some sort of explanation would have been welcome.

- Then we had the usual craptastic promo from Ken Kennedy. Fundamentals of every Ken Kennedy promo are as follows:

1. Begin slowly and add in silly mannerisms such as comical chewing of gum and/or face pulling.

2. Pause frequently.

3. End with screaming your name.

Fantastic stuff there, Ken.

- Then we had moronic booking that would make TNA proud but I'll get to that in a second. First off, we had yet another lame American audience who decided to greet Y2J with stony silence. Are these guys actually wrestling fans? If Jericho appeared in Dublin the fans would go crazy yet we have these spoiled yank audiences wo stand around gawking like a bunch of ass clowns. They're the wrestling equivalent of the prawn sandwich brigade. I can't wait until the WWE gets to some cities with passionate crowds.

But anyway on to the moronic booking, they gave away Chris Jericho's very first match since his return FOR FREE. WITHOUT ANY BUILD. Seriously this is TNA idiocy. If you're going to have his first match on Raw at least hype it up somewhat rather than throwing it out there. Bloody hell. I enjoyed the stuff with Santino because Santino's hilarious as is Y2J but the whole thing made little sense.

- Mickie vs Melina was poor. Mickie tried but Melina was sloppy. I don't know what it is about Melina but she always comes across as sloppy in the ring. Her legs flop about all over the place in such gangly fashion and her hair goes everywhere too. Someone should tell her to tie up her hair and stop acting like a chick on crack.

- The main event saved the show for me. Plenty of drama in this one and the crowd at least reacted for their hometown guy. I hope this will lead somewhere good for Flair and I'm looking forward to the Y2J/Orton feud.

I do however think it's time to stop Orton from being made look like a chump on practically every Raw. Fans aren't going to buy into him as a credible force if he's being pinned and/or laid out every week in the ring.

Thumbs in the middle show for me which would have been a thumbs down had it not been for the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i thought the Flair/HBK stuff was horrible.

I thought they were gonna start kissing the face off each other towards the end. The homosexual vide right through that bit was huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tauren wrote: »
    i thought the Flair/HBK stuff was horrible.

I thought they were gonna start kissing the face off each other towards the end. The homosexual vide right through that bit was huge!

Yeah it was way too sappy at the beginning. It was like a scene from Dawson's Creek! I thought it finished well though. Wooooo!

I just watched that Hornswoggle/Carlito segment from Raw. I must have missed it last night when I went to get something to eat but boy was that segment stupid. I can't believe Vince McMahon gave the go ahead for that garbage.

Advertisement