Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

road_high wrote: »
    What's the story with old Hmv unit? Appears to be in the process of clearing it out at the moment? Anyone know?

Heard Jack Jones. Hopefully it will be a mans shop anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Is it not going to be the hmv and xtra vision store since they merged?

Arawn wrote: »

Sure are DVDS and CDS a thing of the past now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Heard Jack Jones. Hopefully it will be a mans shop anyway.

Recently pulled out of the Market Cross despite being a busy enough store. MacDonagh Junction holds the bigger sway in town now. Big shop for a Jack jones.

Arawn wrote: »

Don't think they merged. HMV closed their business in the ROI.

• Advertisement

Recently pulled out of the Market Cross despite being a busy enough store. MacDonagh Junction holds the bigger sway in town now. Big shop for a Jack jones.

I know its big. But maybe it could be hard to fill and empty units look out of place, but mac has greatly improved over past two years on the empty unit situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Don't think they merged. HMV closed their business in the ROI.

Well bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

be great to see golden disc open up there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good to see shops opening and not closing :)

hopefully something opening soon,

• Advertisement

Jack Jones and will be the biggest one in ireland.

that's great, what will happen to the old store in the other shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

I know its big. But maybe it could be hard to fill and empty units look out of place, but mac has greatly improved over past two years on the empty unit situation.

It's great to see alright. Shame they don't offer free parking for 30 minutes (even 15 minutes sometimes).

Glad to hear Jack and Jones opening up there too. The shop in Wexford is excellent, it's about 1.5 the size of the Market Cross shop

just down about town earlier and had wonder about mac donagh junction, there is a lot of work going on in the old HMV store ok the whole shop is gutted out,

Building happening in a few shops in Market Cross aswell, its good to see :)

Jack Jones is to open near end of september and also a kids clothes shop opposite it. No Name i think its called.

Jack Jones is to open near end of september and also a kids clothes shop opposite it. No Name i think its called.

jack and jones new flagship store will open on the 29th of sept

linny wrote: »
    jack and jones new flagship store will open on the 29th of sept

Was'nt to far off was i ? Ta

just seen this article on the Kilkenny people web site, http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/kilkenny-news/marion-acreman-appointed-new-manager-of-macdonagh-junction-shopping-centre-kilkenny-1-5436423 there is mention of a new Music / Entertainment offering wonder could this be HMV making a come back

just seen this article on the Kilkenny people web site, http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/kilkenny-news/marion-acreman-appointed-new-manager-of-macdonagh-junction-shopping-centre-kilkenny-1-5436423 there is mention of a new Music / Entertainment offering wonder could this be HMV making a come back

Well Jack Jones have the old HMV store. Reckon if they had waited HMV may have come back under Hilco. There's only one other vacant unit directly across from that, too small for a HMV type shop. Apart from that, the place is full. Unless they're gettign rid of the GoodsShed Market which appears to be an utter flop. Assume the "low" rents didn't stay low very long and everyone bailed out quickly for that reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Well Jack Jones have the old HMV store. Reckon if they had waited HMV may have come back under Hilco. There's only one other vacant unit directly across from that, too small for a HMV type shop. Apart from that, the place is full. Unless they're gettign rid of the GoodsShed Market which appears to be an utter flop. Assume the "low" rents didn't stay low very long and everyone bailed out quickly for that reason.

I'd say they don't get the footfall in there, and the units are very small also.

If you're in the car park you wouldn't even think of wandering out there for a look.

is there not a kids clothes shop going into the shop across from the old HMV, the only other place it could go would be in where stone house books were, that would suit a music store, and its over two floors

Name it kids clothes shop have Kilkenny listed on there web site for unit 28 mac donagh junction, http://nameit.com/find-store/ni-store-locator,en_GB,sc.html

Name it kids clothes shop have Kilkenny listed on there web site for unit 28 mac donagh junction, http://nameit.com/find-store/ni-store-locator,en_GB,sc.html

Yeah i heard Name IT were taking the spot opposite Jack Jones.
    But will it affect sales in a long established store in kilkenny that already sells this make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Yeah i heard Name IT were taking the spot opposite Jack Jones.
    But will it affect sales in a long established store in kilkenny that already sells this make.

I love this brand where else sells it in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Are we not watching the fragmentation of the Kilkenny shopping scene, the arcade in high st virtually empty, market cross despite some resurgence of a couple of shops, what will the eventual outcome of the supervalu take over of superquinn, can it regenerate custom?
    It is great to see Macdonagh taking off despite some short comings especially the car park.
    we have the mart to come, what will that do to our city, who will be the anchor tenant? The real money is on the one who is going to give the council money to develop the road system from Vicar st, something that is opposed by many.
    It seems anything can happen in Kilkenny or Carlow perhaps?

femur61 wrote: »
    I love this brand where else sells it in Kilkenny?

winstons have this brand in Kilkenny also

Are we not watching the fragmentation of the Kilkenny shopping scene, the arcade in high st virtually empty, market cross despite some resurgence of a couple of shops, what will the eventual outcome of the supervalu take over of superquinn, can it regenerate custom?
    It is great to see Macdonagh taking off despite some short comings especially the car park.
    we have the mart to come, what will that do to our city, who will be the anchor tenant? The real money is on the one who is going to give the council money to develop the road system from Vicar st, something that is opposed by many.
    It seems anything can happen in Kilkenny or Carlow perhaps?

The arcade on the high street is to become games arcade just waiting on final piece of planning to come, as for market cross I don't think its doing to bad always seem to be something new coming in there, never liked super Quinn so looking forward to having a second super valu in town, as for parking in mac donagh 2euro for 3 hours is great, and the mart site hopefully one day it will be developed when this new road finally get done and ring road is completed

The arcade on the high street is to become games arcade just waiting on final piece of planning to come, as for market cross I don't think its doing to bad always seem to be something new coming in there, never liked super Quinn so looking forward to having a second super valu in town, as for parking in mac donagh 2euro for 3 hours is great, and the mart site hopefully one day it will be developed when this new road finally get done and ring road is completed

Have to say I feel the exact opposite! Super value is ok, but the one in Loughboy has done a lot of damage to my perception of them. I think of poor service, out of date food and worst of all constant till "mistakes" (especially on special offers, I gave up shopping there).
    Maybe they are different elsewhere and I have been to some good Super valu stores but Caulfields are very average.

• Advertisement

What I don't like sbout MacDonagh is the price of the underground car park €2 for 3 hours is great but when you only spend 20 mins and still have to pay €2 its ridiculous. Most places have an upto 1 hour price so that my main reason for not going there.

Advertisement