Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate the library (rant!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

*Tells all his mates*

*has no mates*

*the spot remains desolate*

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sh!te!!my little haven is been discoverd....:mad:

btw,hate the library with too many people using the pc for bebo etc..stuffs...and the look of desperate pf those people in queue...come on people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've finally taught myself to study at home. thank god for it, don't think i could face the library at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

If anybody is desperate for a laptop plug/ internet connection or even a computer check out the 5th floor of the library- yes there are 5 floors.

To get there keep walking passed the library scanners and through the doors after the Arts Tunnell doors- when you go through take the elevator to the 5th floor- this hidden world is always empty and great for a few plug sockets or computers. but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! nobody knows yet
    shut up shut up shut up!!! ...but there aren't that many sockets there though anyway.... lots of them are disconnected :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

What about the ground floor of the Engineering building? A few spots there too.

Whad'ya mean, "what Engineering building?" :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I went to check out the 5th floor on the recommendation of this thread... and was painfully disappointed. It sucks. Computer room is good, but it's fairly rubbish laptop-wise I have to say.. Thumbs down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

karmabass wrote: »
    I went to check out the 5th floor on the recommendation of this thread... and was painfully disappointed. It sucks. Computer room is good, but it's fairly rubbish laptop-wise I have to say.. Thumbs down!

in fairness where else in the library has couches? the elevator is a tad dodgy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

health sci - ground floor has load of couches, a view of fountains and the paper. Wish they had a coffee machine and it'd be heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've finally taught myself to study at home. thank god for it, don't think i could face the library at the moment....

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it really gets my wick the amount of people who use desks with power points at them, but don't actually have a laptop, whilst there are about 5 empty desks without power points beside them. Seriously, why be such douches.

Also, about the kensington being easy to break open. It doesn't mean its easy to get away with it in a public library, in front of so many people, you'd just look so dodgy. I would bet my house on it that not one laptop that used a kensington was ever stolen from the library. They are more of a deterrent than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it really gets my wick the amount of people who use desks with power points at them, but don't actually have a laptop, whilst there are about 5 empty desks without power points beside them. Seriously, why be such douches.
    I did that before I got a laptop. It's only now that I realise how scabby that was. It was just that the desks were so clean, and new, and comfy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

ditto

Same here, you can almost taste the stress! Plus it's too hot and stuffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

health sci - ground floor has load of couches, a view of fountains and the paper. Wish they had a coffee machine and it'd be heaven.

The distraction of Nurses is a big minus studywise though!:D

Advertisement