Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox ~ Hire

• 27-11-2007 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Long shot ... D'ont know of anyone with an Xbox for a lend? So does anywhere rent out the consoles .... ???

Years ago it was done ... Not sure nowadays!!

Have tested out the PS* ... Now too test the Xbox ... And choose!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Why don't you buy it and then if you prefer the PS3 bring it back to the shop before the first week and swap consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Playing with fire there mate what if you get the ring of death while you have it on hire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Playing with fire there mate what if you get the ring of death while you have it on hire

You make it sound like it is something which happens to every machine!

I know it is common enough but would you seriously suggest that someone not get the console based on one problem with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Vikings wrote: »
    You make it sound like it is something which happens to every machine!

I know it is common enough but would you seriously suggest that someone not get the console based on one problem with it?

exactly. Places like this only have the people on it complaining that their xbox died. I for one have mine about 2 years now and never once had any sort of problem with it. And I know loads of others the same. but cant expect people to come on starting threads called 'My xbox isnt dead', doesnt really suit the board!

To answer the first question, dont know of any place that hires them. Why not buy it, as if you are going to get one of them, then if you dont like it you can bring it back and get store credit. Just have to make sure with the shop first. Say you are bying it as a present

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'd have agreed with you, but in the last month 3 of the 5 people i know have gone 3 red rings...

i'm pretty much very relieved when mine turns on okay these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

So its a no no ... Hire wise!! Someone said that ... Lazer ... Might do it?

This red rings crap ... Is a serious off putter! For someone like me, deciding between a PS* & Xbox 360 ...

* I may loiter around in the local xtravision playing there demo model instead just to get a feel for the controls ... lol **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Why don't you go to that Xbox Gaming centre off Grafton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

helios wrote: »
    Why don't you go to that Xbox Gaming centre off Grafton?

Hmmmm ... May well do that when am out chrimbo shopping this weekend!

Advertisement