Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from posting AND ACCESSING mobiles&pda's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP: do you know what a phone is? The physical bit. Not the operator? It seems not, as you were posting in the forum about the physical phone.

Oh, and doesn't the OPs sig break some shill rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

foggy_lad wrote:
    THREE MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT THE THREADS IN THE "MOBILES AND PDA'S" SECTION OF BOARDS.IE

Sweet Jesus, are you looking to get this boards.ie sued. Contrary to the popular opinion this is not a site where you can slander companys, it is not a site where you have the benifits of free speech.

I hope that you get site banned as well.

Oh, and being in technical support I can tell you a few things. There is a helpdesk so that people like me don't have to speak to people like you. I only do it when I feel sorry for them. And the problem always lies with the user not listening to the steps he was asked to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

three_logo_black.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

foggy_lad wrote: »
    HAVE BEEN TRYING THEM FOR 10(TEN) WEEKS WITHOUT SUCCESS

TRY THEIR OTHER WEBSITE - WWW.BOARDS.I3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

i do feel that i have been unfairly banned for posting my experiences with three and yes i do accept that i did include a lot about customer service BUT with three at the moment the service is all about customer service and the lack of any service!

i was merely explaining that in ten weeks all customer service had done was chase their tails covering the same ground over and over again!

if i am not allowed post about this in mobiles&pda's please let me know where i can bring this up as i feel a company are only as good as their response!

Gotta agree - Customer service from three is woeful .... I still have issues ongoing with them for several weeks now, finally I just cancelled my subscription to them as they were so bad

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gotta agree - Customer service from three is woeful .... I still have issues ongoing with them for several weeks now, finally I just cancelled my subscription to them as they were so bad

Great stuff. Now, what the hell has this got to do with the topic?

OP: You broke the charter. You ignored a mod. You got banned. Face facts, grow up, and type properly.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

OP got justifiably caried away with his problem. He was warned to stall the ball and relax a bit and direct his frustration elsewhere. He didn't so a ban ensued. A harsh lesson but a needed one to be honest.

I believe he will protest outside the HQ of Boards as soon as he is finished protesting outside 3 in Waterford.

edit: the best three cat pic I could find

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

parsi wrote: »

edit: the best three cat pic I could find

That was originally 4 cats before the fat cat eat another cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

would it not be easier to have freedom of speech in "mobiles&pda's"
    Don't use phrases you don't understand. It just makes you look foolish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

We should all pass the hat around and have a collection for poor Foggy Lad.
    It must be hard to hold down a job while spending half the day complaining about everything and anything in sight and getting such good results!

No one working on a care/support line will do you any favours if you let fly at them at any given opportunity like that! You'll just get a name for yourself and any time they see your case crop up, they'll just put it on the long finger.
    You're dealing with people before you're dealing with a company.

But on topic, take your ban like a man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

in a particular thread (i'm too lazy to find the link), it was a constant moaning. when other posters advised the OP to do something rationale, the OP became defensive and made accusation on the one or two posters. back and forth, imho at the end, that thread serves no purpose.

Marty

p/s: my first feedback post. thank you for reading, more cats (sexy ones) please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ooh tis mad MAD i tell ya hahaha to answer some yes i do accept my ban but i do not feel it was fair considering the problem i am still facing with that company

and i have taken most of the advice offered by people even when they repeated but what can i do when i ask for a "trouble ticket id" or request that my account be reprovisioned over and over again and it is refused or my requests are continously ignored by that company??

i broke the charter for which i was banned but i heeded the mods warning for as long as i could! i did curtail my slanderous thrashing of that company but in the end, being ten(10) weeks without mobile broadband or customer service just built up and i let them have it.

as for ignoring the mod it was in no way intentional as i have the highest regard for all moderators here and elsewhere and respect for the sometimes difficult descisions they find themselves making

as for freedom of speech well yes it is free as i am still typing here:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So you think you should still be allowed post in mobiles & pdas because your problems with three haven't been resolved? If that is the case then you should have heeded the mods warning and obeyed the rules.

Also there is a big difference between freedom and free. The reason you are still posting here is because the admins allow you to. That privilege can be removed at any time by them so you do not have freedom of speech.

So you think you should still be allowed post in mobiles & pdas because your problems with three haven't been resolved? If that is the case then you should have heeded the mods warning and obeyed the rules.

Also there is a big difference between freedom and free. The reason you are still posting here is because the admins allow you to. That privilege can be removed at any time by them so you do not have freedom of speech.
    i think i should be allowed post in a week as i have been banned for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Okay for a start , this is our first feedback thread reading mobile discussions in quite some time so we must be doing something right , Us the moderators we dont rule the forum with a iron fist we let conversations and debates go on and where we feel to get involved we do, Its a trick to good moderating.

The problem is that you were warned before the ban to stop your ranting as the forum is a not about consumer issues etc and you were infact advised where to go , If it was me that spotted your post i would of banned you. So the quote from Dubwireless is here :
    it appears you are complaining about an operators customer support, this isn't relevant to this forum...

i suggest you take it up with the National Consumer Agency directly: http://www.consumerconnect.ie/

if you keep this line of posting up your privilege will be suspended, as outlined in the rules/readme sticky

Now it was your choice to start up another thread and for this you were asking for trouble.
    would it not be easier to have freedom of speech in "mobiles&pda's"

Now while the Site is privately owned there is no suck thing as freedom of speech around here , we have rules to look after our other members on each forum and they are in place for a reason , it works well.
    there customer support is not worth mentioning so i was doing them a favour!
    HAVE BEEN TRYING THEM FOR 10(TEN) WEEKS WITHOUT SUCCESS

This is why you have been banned from the forum , we have requested that you take the issue else where. Now in terms of feedback what are you looking for ?

Thanks Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i think i should be allowed post in a week as i have been banned for a week

It is Down to the moderator that banned you whether or not he is going to give you back THE PRIVILEGE to post on the forums , I for one think the forum is better off without you , but hopefully there will be some reconciliation on your behalf and you can come back as a useful poster to the community.

what can i say folks except i have a confession that i am not foggy_lad but his rather blond friend hope nobody minds me using his id while he is away as he doesn't mind himself.

foggyladsaloser you don't know him or where he is now so shut your face!

as to the ban that is my doing and i have accepted it if somewhat grudgingly but i was wrong to continue and also wrong not to heed the mod that warned me.

as for everyone else well some nice genuine people from what i have read and then lots of attention junkies who didn't get enough praise from mummy growin up so they stayed as children!

and there are genuinely too many phone company/store people in here always too ready to jump to their colleauges/company's defence even when their colleauges/company's are indefendable!

and as for foggy_lad well i do not know anyone more genuine or caring who gives so freely of his time and efforts for those who the world has forgotten. nowi know i have probably broken more rules in this and if he is to be banned for my actions then so be it.

OOOOOHHHH so hes gotten access to gaydar and found himself a lover the?

LMAO I KOW him personally and hes a complete and utter twat who spends his time harassing shop assistants who are simply doing their job. This is the only human interaction he gets because hes such an ass and to boot he looks like fat b*stard from austin powers.

I know where hes not, hes not protesting outside the 3 stores like he said he would because he hasnt got the stamina or the balls, hes probably eating a baby somewhere.

are people to assume from this that you work for three in one of their stores?

you should really declare your interest particularly as you appear to work for three and also appear to be discussing customer issues on here?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Oh dear god. Lock the thread, lock the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The 3-Mobile users who have bollocked Vex and I out of it for acting as go betweens have to be the most idiotic and moronic bunch of fnckin' 'tards I have ever EVER had the misfortune to have to deal with and by Jesus thats saying something cos I've seen the lot.

3's mobile solution appears to suck donkey testes for many users. Too fnckin' bad. Get a refund and stop whinging in our ears, or dont and continue paying for it in full knowledge of what you are getting.

If I see one more assertion that we are "working with 3" etc etc I'm going to go into full banstick mode and then you'll know what fnckin' oppression is you utter TWATS.

Fnck Three. Fnck you. A pox on all your fncking houses.

DeV.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DeVore wrote: »
    The 3-Mobile users who have bollocked Vex and I out of it for acting as go betweens have to be the most idiotic and moronic bunch of fnckin' 'tards I have ever EVER had the misfortune to have to deal with and by Jesus thats saying something cos I've seen the lot.

3's mobile solution appears to suck donkey testes for many users. Too fnckin' bad. Get a refund and stop whinging in our ears, or dont and continue paying for it in full knowledge of what you are getting.

If I see one more assertion that we are "working with 3" etc etc I'm going to go into full banstick mode and then you'll know what fnckin' oppression is you utter TWATS.

DeV.

Here here!

Best. Post. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.
    I knew it. You're working in league with O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I knew it. You're working in league with O2.
    boards.ie mobile.

Call fellow boardsies for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just out of curiosity, why do people say that boards is in league with 3? This is the first time I ever heard someone say it.

humanji wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why do people say that boards is in league with 3? This is the first time I ever heard someone say it.

Some boardsises are having issues with three and are going on about it a lot. Vex stepped in and tried to come up with a solution with three. The end result: CONSPIRACY!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sully wrote: »
    Some boardsises are having issues with three and are going on about it a lot. Vex stepped in and tried to come up with a solution with three. The end result: CONSPIRACY!
    It seems to be something that all the loonies have in common. If they complain and you don't immediately back them up, you must be in league with their enemies, "You're either with me or you're against me".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Has our contract with Eircom ended? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

@ DeV - Breath in thru the nose and out thru the mouth - go to your safe place. :)

Its funny, but if they took the time to learn a little about us and about the skirmishs that boards has been involved in over the years, perhaps there would have been a very different reaction.

I know that they turned down another incredibly useful ally, a quick google search will have someone kicking themselves around the room.

@Buffybot - I am sure that comment will go way over our friends head:)

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    It seems to be something that all the loonies have in common. If they complain and you don't immediately back them up, you must be in league with their enemies, "You're either with me or you're against me".

Think is, Boards is pretty much with them. People need to show respect to Vex, for actually stepping in and trying to help the community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement