Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McLeish leaves Scotland

• 27-11-2007 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just turned on the tv to see this. He's resigned as Scotland manager, just as David Sullivan announces a Birmingham press conference for tomorrow morning o_O

Good capture for Brum. I thought McLeish would stay on as Scotland manager, I think they'll fancy their chances of qualifying for the World Cup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

ya he did fantastic for the scots...brought on so many young players.
    left the side in a lot better shape than he got it.
    id say he'l do well at brum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

McLeish seems to be getting a bit too much praise. How many qualifying games did Scotland play under Walter Smith?

Under McLeish they bet France, bet Ukraine, lost to Georgia, lost to Italy......... what else happened when he was manager?

Bad move considering they might have a new owner in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

prendy wrote: »
    ya he did fantastic for the scots...brought on so many young players.
    left the side in a lot better shape than he got it.
    id say he'l do well at brum!

He managed them for 10 months!

Bet France and suddenly he's brilliant. Lawrie sanchez must be a God then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

McLeish's stock was high after the recent campaign and I doubt Scotland will enjoy the same kind of success in the WC qualifiers, so I can understand his decision.

As for Billy Davies: I also think he has good credentials and would be a decent successor. His sacking from Derby was ridiculous IMO, the guy deserves a chance after his work in the Championship last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Cant say Id step down from my national team if the fans still wanted me, to go manage an English side. How much money does he need to live? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

shane86 wrote: »
    Cant say Id step down from my national team if the fans still wanted me, to go manage an English side. How much money does he need to live? :confused:

Maybe (like Paul Jewell) he just prefers working with the players day-in, day-out. There could be more to it than just money. He's already said after what he did with Rangers that he wouldn't return to Scottish club management.

Advertisement