Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TalkTalk (CPW) Launches Broadband in Ireland

Options
  • 27-11-2007 4:29pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

enn.ie - http://enn.ie/article/10123503.html

As seen on there website - http://talktalk.ie/internet/bb_intro.asp
    In all, three products will be offered: 1MB, 2MB and 3MB broadband connections, priced at EUR17.99, EUR22.99 and EUR39.99 per month respectively. There will also be a once-off connection fee of EUR29.99, with both wired and wireless DSL modems being offered for free.

I've not had a good luck yet,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've had a search through the website including there T&C's and can't see anything in relation to a FUP or cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

I have Talk Talk for my landline, so just rung them to find out about caps, but that info if not available untill tomorrow according to them....not a promising start.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It was the same in the UK as far as I can remember, not a big deal, it';ll all fall into place in time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Talk Talk are ****e.. As an Eircom rep as soon as you meet someone with talk talk there's usually little to no reason why you shouldn't get a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

Talk Talk are ****e.. As an Eircom rep as soon as you meet someone with talk talk there's usually little to no reason why you shouldn't get a sale.

I'm a very happy Talk Talk landline customer, the staff a very friendly and i get free calls to others on the same network. I hated dealing with eircom, unfriendly & smart-arsed phone reps were (are?) the norm whenever i was unlukcy enough to have to ring them.

• Advertisement

I know that, but most people prefer to spend less and in my experience Eircom are cheaper than Talk Talk in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭HighWire

From Talk Talk website
    3MB - 39.99-44.99 depending on what phone package you have
    Eircom - 48.40

?????

HighWire wrote: »
    From Talk Talk website
    3MB - 39.99-44.99 depending on what phone package you have
    Eircom - 48.40

?????
    Good for you. You now know how to make comparisons.

You may also realise that Talk Talk have only just announced their BB packages. So it's something i never had to be concerned about.

But if you must know i doubt that would make a difference, because most people only have 1 or 2 meg connections anyway, in my experience of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

What a rip-off.

What a rip-off.

Based on what?
    Please show how its a rip-off compared to other bit-stream based ISP's

If you don't want to thats ok but it looks foolish when you make a comment based on nothing

Of course if they are alot more expensive then I stand corrected, but I'd like to see some numbers :)

Given that Eircom is the largest ISP in Ireland may I suggest you first compare TalkTalk's packages to Eircoms as thats who they are really competing with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

To be honest their prices don't seem much cheaper than Eircom. I know you get UK calls but hardly worth the switch especially compared to other resellers.

Perlico 1 mb bundle - €46.99
    BT 1 mb bundle - €47.50
    Talk Talk 1 mb bundle - €54.98
    Eircom 1 mb bundle - €55.50

Perlico 2 mb bundle - €51.99
    Bt 2 mb bundle - €55.95
    Talk Talk 2 mb bundle - €59.98
    Eircom 2 mb bundle - €60.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

The word bundle is over used, its too trendy/informal, almost like saying "here have a bundle, I am a friend, I am not trying to sell you anything, you can trust me..............mate"

I blame Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

But if you must know i doubt that would make a difference, because most people only have 1 or 2 meg connections anyway, in my experience of course.

Most people only have 1 or 2mb connections because that is all that is provided by the mostly rubbish broadband providers in Ireland, on top of their rediculous bandwidth caps and the charging that goes on afterwards if you go over those caps (or threats on same).

Not fair at all to come back with an excuse of "'cos we're **** and provide a **** service like most other broadband providers then customers are used to it and don't want anything else because we say so, so there, hah!"

Whatever about talk talk, more competition the better. Any and all competition to Eircom is welcome.

Just need a decent independant regulator now to oversee them all and cut out the very strange cartel like pricing structures that seem to be going on between them all.

If the pricing is all the same and the cartel is in operation, then the choice will be made on stability of connection, friendly and prompt support, speeds, low contentions, low latencies and un-capped service.

All I want for Christmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not eircom competition. It's reselling eircom. If it was much cheaper eircom would still make a profit and TalkTalk a loss.
    Even on LLU, eircom make the lion's share of profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

watty wrote: »
    It's not eircom competition. It's reselling eircom. If it was much cheaper eircom would still make a profit and TalkTalk a loss.
    Even on LLU, eircom make the lion's share of profit.

Even worse than what I thought :(

Guess that explains why then that they're all around the same price anyway.

Advertisement