Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That small closed down pub on Tobergal Lane

Options
  • 27-11-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

It looks like it could really a really nice place. Anyone want to chip in and buy it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Cavanaghs?
    Its part of the same premises on O'Connell street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

was never in the place, what was it like? and why did it close?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If its cavanaghs rozbeef was talking about I liked it.

It was a big enough place and I really liked it.
    Still not sure why it closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    was never in the place, what was it like? and why did it close?

because you were never in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it's one of the few pubs in sligo i've never drank in.
    speaking of closed pubs, any word on hargadons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

If it' Cavanaghs, it closed because it was quiet. It was o.k atfirst, but the last couple of times I was in it, the D.J. was playing banging dance music through a tiny house pa and it was deafening. You couldn't hear people talking to you across your own table. You had to shout everyting. Shame. I liked the interirior design. The front was very nice.
    If the op means the other spot, it used to be Beezies, then Manhatten, then McGraths. The pubs on the Mall and Bridge Street went more student orientated and took most of the student crowd who frequented it as they were located on the main drag for students (Brewery, Leitrim, O'Neills, Shenanigans, Envy). Kinda like watching a herd of drunk, adolestsant wildebeest:D

Advertisement