Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie Domain name registration questions

Options
  • 27-11-2007 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭

Hi

Quick one for the guys in the biz.

If someone was to register their name as a dj such as www.djfred.ie can this be registered as a personal name or awould it be considered a business name (since you are operating as a paid dj even if only for nixers).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's unlikely to be a personal name, unless they're passport/birth cert/utility bill is addressed to DJ[firstname] Fred[lastname]

Probably business name, are the registered as a business, do they advertise, are there taxman implications ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As it's not their naturally given name it would be considered a business, so they'd really need to get a registered business name, though they might get away with discretionary if they can prove that they're a DJ (posters / flyers / leaflets etc). In either case it would be "sole trader" I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Well I guess the new website could constitute as advertising and its a business name really since he was obviously not born djwhatever (and is unlikely to go the deed poll route around this :) )

Might be stretching it to try personal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Would definitely be a sole trader. You would need to either Register a Business Name (RBN) at www.cro.ie or provide flyers, other materials to justify the domain at leave it to the IEDR's discretion to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Thanks All...

I think firstnamelastname.ie will do instead...

• Advertisement
Advertisement