Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[info req] 3 Ireland

• 27-11-2007 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi,
    Thinking of moving some contract mobiles over to 3ireland from O2,

Don't know anybody currently using the network to ask about coverage/signal etc..

In the shop they talk the talk but do they walk the walk?
    phones are used for business and one is permantely in the North

Any Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Musha wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thinking of moving some contract mobiles over to 3ireland from O2,

Don't know anybody currently using the network to ask about coverage/signal etc..

In the shop they talk the talk but do they walk the walk?
    phones are used for business and one is permantely in the North

Any Comments?

for the first 3 months of a 3 contract you can't exceed e160 on your bill. If you have any technical problems be prepared to wait weeks to get it sorted because their indian customer care are clueless and simply read off a script. The only remedy they provide is to turn your phone off and on.

their coverage in ireland is fine and in the north the calls come out of your minutes. They can be a lot cheaper than the others depending on your usage, especially for data but they are able to be cheaper is by cutting corners.

the roaming outside other 3 countries is still shakey and they can't use the 'new network' excuse anymore.

other than that, they're great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would suggest you goto O2 if you want customer service, Vodafone if you want a professional business feel to things and Meteor if you don't mind joining the "newbies" or the "lightweights". (yes ... very much stereotypes here but they do hold true for the most part. Work out what you need then ring up each business dept and see who can do the best deal for you - ignore 3, see below).

I would personally avoid 3 for any sort of phone or contract that I would be dependant on (especially for business) due to their standard (or lack) of customer care knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

If you go with Three you will be close to going out of business if something goes wrong.............You have been warned.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    I would personally avoid 3 for any sort of phone or contract that I would be dependant on (especially for business) due to their standard (or lack) of customer care knowledge.

that's really the main issue. i have a 3 pre pay phone because of the cheap internet but i have another phone for general use because they just can't be relied on to provide a service when you need it most.

when i was working in a shop that sold all the networks and people asked me to weigh up all the networks' pros and cons, i'd often forget to mention 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Question here : Looking at the 3 Pay-Monthly plans, they harp on about Internet browsing and Skype calls being free... so what's the purpose of their 'Mobile Broadband' add-on packages? (http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/addons.htm)?

So is it one of those "free so long as you pay for it" type deals, or can I actually simply pay the €29 for Talk200 and surf / skype away to my hearts content, as they'd have me believe?

I can understand a few hidden charges on a pay-as-you-go package... but if I'm signing a contract with these people I'd expect them to be upfront about such things tbh.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote: »
    Question here : Looking at the 3 Pay-Monthly plans, they harp on about Internet browsing and Skype calls being free... so what's the purpose of their 'Mobile Broadband' add-on packages? (http://www.3ireland.ie/priceplans/addons.htm)?

So is it one of those "free so long as you pay for it" type deals, or can I actually simply pay the €29 for Talk200 and surf / skype away to my hearts content, as they'd have me believe?

I can understand a few hidden charges on a pay-as-you-go package... but if I'm signing a contract with these people I'd expect them to be upfront about such things tbh.
    its free as long as you pay for it. to use unlimited skype you have to buy the x-series add on. the unlimited internet package has a 2gb limit

and as i understand it, the skype calls are only skype-skype. you can't call landlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Three will be free in the North, but only on their masts, you wont be able to use the infill 2g coverage. Fine if you are driving up and down to Belfast, but little help if you are West of the Bann.

For the guy in the North a Three UK contract might do the job instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

for the first 3 months of a 3 contract you can't exceed e160 on your bill. If you have any technical problems be prepared to wait weeks to get it sorted because their indian customer care are clueless and simply read off a script. The only remedy they provide is to turn your phone off and on.

their coverage in ireland is fine and in the north the calls come out of your minutes. They can be a lot cheaper than the others depending on your usage, especially for data but they are able to be cheaper is by cutting corners.

the roaming outside other 3 countries is still shakey and they can't use the 'new network' excuse anymore.

other than that, they're great

€160 exceeding of bill may not be an issue as they have launched their business plans, check out the website.
    Customer care I agree is ropey to say the least but they may have a dedicated business customer care dept in the UK as thats where the UK business customer care dept is.

Yup Skype only available free on 3 pay for post you gotta get an x-series add on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

currently have a Blackberry for all emails, so I need a data package
    the other two handsets are all talk and a few txt on one.
    they are offering
    3 handsets, 600 minutesto share first come first served, 1000+ txt and 1.7gb data for 85+vat
    Might try one of their cheap 3pay ones first to check coverage before I commit.

I know a lot about mobiles so I don't usually call CS only for billing issues
    :D
    Thanks for the input :)

well i know a lot about mobiles too but i had to call them a lot because of technical issues with the network that went on for months because they refused to admit the problem was at their end

they'd just tell me to do the same basic trouble shooting steps every time i called (take out battery etc) and ignore me when i told them that dozens of boards users were reporting the same problem nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I understand Commander, but i just refuse to call unless money is concerned.:D

I hate being on hold :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

Musha wrote: »
    currently have a Blackberry for all emails, so I need a data package
    the other two handsets are all talk and a few txt on one.
    they are offering
    3 handsets, 600 minutesto share first come first served, 1000+ txt and 1.7gb data for 85+vat
    Might try one of their cheap 3pay ones first to check coverage before I commit.

I know a lot about mobiles so I don't usually call CS only for billing issues
    :D
    Thanks for the input :)

I've been checking the business plans too.
    3 website wrote:
    For example, on Business Sharer 600, you can have up to three mobiles. Between them they can make 600 mins of calls or send up to 1750 texts or use 1750 MB of data.

It’s flexible because you can use different combinations of calls, texts and data every month. The maximum combined bundle is 360 mins and 350 texts and 350 MB data.

At the end of the month, you'll always get the best combination from what you've used. And because the bundle of voice calls, texts and data is pooled between all users, you don’t need to worry about whether people need to be on high or low price plans.

Cost is €70 + €10 / mobile (max 3 on this plan) + VAT with a 15% discount on for adapters

Unlimited free 3 to 3 also included.

I like the sharing sms and data.
    Free 3 to 3, grand for calling others but for business? I don't think I ever call a 3 number.

The Vodafone Wireless Office Plan gives 10 free landline numbers.

I like the 3 like Home, but don't know what coverage is like in the countries included. Most calls are less than 2 minutes so Vodafone Passport is a bit of a rip off.

Advertisement