Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost Licence

Options
  • 27-11-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I had a provisional licence in 2002, I rarely drove as I was too nervous so just left it. I now want to take it up again however have lost that licence and it has probably expired - I have no idea. Where do I stand with the new laws, will I need to be accompanied when i get my next licence/permit?

I have looked throught the sticky and couldnt find the answer i was looking for,

Also where are the application forms for these new licences??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes you'll need to be accompanied after June '08.
    You can get an application form from the motor tax office, garda station or online www.citizensinformation.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Provisional licences are only valid for 2 years so even if you found it, it would be expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

eth0_ wrote: »
    Yes you'll need to be accompanied after June '08
    That is incorrect. The OP will be required to be accompanied immediately (unless it is for categories A, A1, M or W).

The requirement to be accompanied on a 2nd Provisional Licence was deferred to 30th June 2008 for those who held that 2nd Provisional licence prior to 30th october 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jenben1982 wrote: »
    Where do I stand with the new laws, will I need to be accompanied when i get my next licence/permit?

I have looked throught the sticky and couldnt find the answer i was looking for
    Category B

All Learner Permit holders are required to be accompanied at all times.

Persons on their 1st, 3rd and subsequent Provisional Licences are required to be accompanied at all times.

Persons on their 2nd Provisional Licence may continue to drive unaccompanied until the 30th June 2008.

Advertisement