Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The amazing board.ie 360 Repair\Replacement tracking poll

• 27-11-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Select the appropriate poll option to show where you are on the 360 faulty hardware debacle.

How many 360 repair or replacements you had so far? 39 votes

On repair\replacement Number 1
    0%
    On repair\replacement Number 2
    76%
    vasch_roDont be at yourselfMakaveliScruffkonekosuper_furryGrayareaDarwinjesus_thats_greA-TraklaforshshorttbestyEasy RiderJulezsweetieDayshahurleydAnCapaillMormwrf 30 votes
    On repair\replacement Number 3
    15%
    CloverRoyale with CheeseVegetaniall2jDman001robbie2003ie 6 votes
    On repair\replacement Number 4+
    7%
    DavexirlcrowdcontrolDarkJager 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

I think it'd be best to include an option for those of us who have never needed a replacement in order to get a better overall picture of things. I can see this turning into a 360 bashing thread as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Creating a poll is so simple, yet half the polls on boards are incomplete or just plain don't so what they're supposed to... I have never had to return a 360, been playin since launch and have clocked up some massive hours... Where's my option??

Sorry if it seems like a rant, but I deal with polls/questionaires regularly through work and get easily annoyed by poor examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea was gonna say that, add an option for "no troubel..... yet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I agree.You need to have an option for "no trouble at all" to get a true reflection. No trouble here either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

On repair\replacement Number 3
    Creating a poll is so simple, yet half the polls on boards are incomplete or just plain don't so what they're supposed to... I have never had to return a 360, been playin since launch and have clocked up some macssive hours... Where's my option??

you are on your second 360 though, who's to say what would have happend the first one had those cnut muscles not robbed it.

Poll needs more options though, can mods edit polls

smoke my poll....he he he he sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Vegeta wrote: »
    you are on your second 360 though, who's to say what would have happend the first one had those cnut muscles not robbed it.

Tis true, but neither console had/has ever given a hint of trouble or shown signs that it was that way inclined...

You always hear the bad stories. Nobody would go to the bother of starting a thread about how their console is working perfectly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

launch day 360, never had a problem with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Helix wrote: »
    launch day 360, never had a problem with it

not a launch, but not long after and no troubles with it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

launch box. no problems.

pointless poll without a "0 repair" option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Bought one at launce, I was on my fourth when I cut my losses and sold it this Summer.

I'll be buying an Elite for Mass Effect when there's hopefully some deals in January though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

no problems with my console either. Poll definitely needs to be ammended, otherwise its worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

No problems here either man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

No problems with my console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Will/can one of the mods add in a 'no problems' option then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

same,not a problem......yet:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

No problems either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Launch box, or rather my 5th since I bought one at launch, seems like this one is on its way out too.
    And its not kept on carpet or in a cabinet etc.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Launch box, or rather my 5th since I bought one at launch, seems like this one is on its way out too.
    And its not kept on carpet or in a cabinet etc.

but its a refurb, no?

thats where ms really ballsed up imo, sending back out refurbs instead of new boxes. seems the failure rate with refurbs is astronomical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Poll is more than a tad biased in my opinion and blatantly skewed to ignore not
    all fail. A mod really needs to edit the options.

Have two 360s since launch - my main one was used daily and was
    only returned to MS with the RROD problem 2 weeks ago.
    I received a mail yesterday confirming it's repaired and on it's way back now.
    (Not too bad a turnaround by them, naturally I'd prefer if I'd never had to
    return it in the first place but 2 weeks from door to door is acceptable).
    The other machine is running fine. Both are kept in well ventilated AV racks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Sorry! Sorry! meant to put it in at the start but forgot as by default there are only 4 options. Meant to add a 5th but slipped m mind and now cant edit the poll.
    Can a mod do it? (Who are the mods for this forum anywho?)

Not meant to be a 360 bashing poll, loved m 360 before it got bust and am sure i'll love it again when it comes back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Strange, I can't seem to edit the poll. Feel free to start a new one and I can merge it in if you'd like.

For what it's worth, I'm on my second Xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Helix wrote: »
    but its a refurb, no?

thats where ms really ballsed up imo, sending back out refurbs instead of new boxes. seems the failure rate with refurbs is astronomical

Yes they were all refurbs (and all early models), despite Microsoft promising me the last two times that I would receive a brand new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I'm on my original Xbox with no repair. No option to vote for that though.

i just thought i was after cursing myself in this thread

coz i managed to knock my 360, which fell 3 feet to the ground

you know what the best thing is? shes still working perfectly lol

Advertisement