Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Recommend...

• 27-11-2007 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm turning over a new leaf and i've just dumped my old make up bag that had stuff in it a year old. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an good cleaner/toner or any other essencial lotions or potions that I need for my all new and improved make up bag

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Dr. Feelgood by benefit... every make up kit should have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Body shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dermalogica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

KlodaX wrote: »
    Dr. Feelgood by benefit... every make up kit should have one.

+1 I love it! Love benefit stuff! Love High Beam also.

It all depends on your skin type and your age, I'm early (mid) 20s and use cheap enough cleanser toner and moisturiser. Nivea Visage cleanser and moisturiser and Clinique toner. I think the trick is just to use them everyday to whatever your skin reacts well to!

Get yourself a nice everyday foundation and concealer and some translucent powder if you're the shiny type!

Oh and get yourself good make up brushes, they're a must IMO. Ask Santa for really good ones.

Fair play for throwing out all your old stuff, takes guts ;) (I know that sounds silly but I hate parting with lotions and potions)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Benefit have some really good products alright and their packaging is gorgeous! :D

I use No.7 cleanser, toner and moisturiser and I love them! There's always special offers on in boots on No.7 stuff aswell so I always end up getting them for half nothing!:D If you have bad skin or if your prone to breakouts you might be better off to spend a bit more on something like dermatalogica!

17 in boots have brilliant eyeshadows and theyre very cheap too! I used to depend solely on MAC eyeshadows but bought 17 ones once in an emergency when I was broke and I was very impressed and have been using them since!!!!!!!

For foundation I would say try a few different make-up counters because everyone is so different on what type of foundation they like!! I know people who swear by MAC foundation but I hate the stuff!! I went to a Clarins counter and got some makeup for daytime use, she tried it on my face and it looked ok but afterwards when I used it myself it was too pale and I looked sick!!! So just be careful if your getting foundations from a counter, make sure you like the colour yourself and your not just depending on them to tell you it's the right one!!!!

My fave blushers are Clinique, Benefit and Bodyshop have a liquid tube type thing they call it cheek and lip stain that I love!!

I bought mascara last week, Magnif'eyes by Rimmel and it's great it's not clumpy atall and nice and liquidy when your applying it!!

I think everyone needs an under eye concealer! I love touche eclat and I've been buying other product for a while now trying to find something thats as good but cheaper!! I've tried Loreal, Bourjois Paris and at the minute I have a Max Factor one but I still haven't found one that's as good imo!! I've ended up spending more on them because they never last as long as touche eclat does!

There's so much stuff out there it's very easy to get confused!! Make sure you know exactly what you need because it's so easy to get sidetracked by all the lovely packaging and sparkly things! :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Clarins facial wash & green toner.
    Clarins hydracare moisturiser.
    Dermalogica eyecream.
    Yves St Laurent faux cils mascara
    Mac foundation & powder.
    Mac bronzer
    Bobbi brown blusher.
    Mac spice lipliner
    Mac clear gloss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I use Eve Lom Cleanser -it may seem expensive, but a little goes a long way so it really does last for ages.

My skin can be sensitive and I'm prone to spots every now and again, but have noticed my skin is much better since using this cleanser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

*Lees* wrote: »
    I think everyone needs an under eye concealer! I love touche eclat and I've been buying other product for a while now trying to find something thats as good but cheaper!! I've tried Loreal, Bourjois Paris and at the minute I have a Max Factor one but I still haven't found one that's as good imo!! I've ended up spending more on them because they never last as long as touche eclat does!

I got one from BuyCosmetics.com & I think it's great. To be honest I've never used Touche Eclat but I think this one is the bees knees. I'm not sure of the name but from looking on the site it must be this one:

http://www.buycosmetics.com/Product/2741_EyeLighter_(2.5ml).aspx

It's billed as being as good as the Touche Eclat...

The site usually have very good deals too & that product is on a multibuy offer at the moment.

Oooh! Thanks Karry1412:D

It even has the same gold applicator thing! :D Brill, that shall be my next purchase!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

OP, what kind of skin have you got??

I use the new mouse that Guinot has out for oily skin, its really died out any little spots that I had on my face.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Does Touche Eclat come in different shades or is it just one shade fits all?

xzanti wrote: »
    Does Touche Eclat come in different shades or is it just one shade fits all?

There are 3 different shades but afaik shade 2 is for really dark oriental people and shade 3 is for black people so if you go to buy it they will just hand you shade 1 if your white! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

bourjois light eye concealer (i find it better than touch eclat)
    benefit some kinda gorgeous
    benefit big beautiful eyes pallet
    benefit pop powder pallet (has their bronzer, and 2 other powders in it)
    benefit wonderlift
    barry M eye liner
    Urban decay liquid eyeliner (the one with the little inkwell bottle)
    Stila Lipgloss
    Clinique 3 step
    eyelure falsh lashes
    as for mascara I dont know I bought the max factor one for the adds and while it does the trick it doesnt come off and seems to dry my lashes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

*Lees* wrote: »
    Oooh! Thanks Karry1412:D

It even has the same gold applicator thing! :D Brill, that shall be my next purchase!:)

On closer inspection, it's the same review but the product seems to have changed!!! The one I have is called either DBP of DPB. Maybe they've just changed it since - I have it a while at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Malteaser! wrote: »
    OP, what kind of skin have you got??

I use the new mouse that Guinot has out for oily skin, its really died out any little spots that I had on my face.

what was the price like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Any Benefit stuff is grrreat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

I went for a prescriptive facial in Aura in Terenure and am now using Dermalogica facewash, powder exfoliant, toner, medicated clearing gel, moisturiser and a few masks every now and then. Find it very good, expensive but the bottles are generally huge !!! And it's highly recommended !!! :D

Advertisement