Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N95 8Gb-released tomorrow?!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacRoc

Nephew wrote: »
    Does anyone have any solid info on when o2 will release this

Nothing is confirmed for an O2 launch of the 8Gb N95 they dont know if it will even be in the range yet at all. Why bother when iphone is enroute anyway...? Personlly i prefer the N95 :rolleyes:

On the N95 8GB: it was said here that Vodafone had an 'exclusive' on it until the new year which would'nt exactly make it an exclusive like say car phone warehouse get sometimes so would nt believe that at all as if its an exclusive the other networks cannot get it it seems it is a decsion at O2 not to range it rather than that they cannot.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Are there any reports on the N85 8GB and it's software response time? Anyone used it? I played with my mate's N95 first edition at the weekend and the lag time for the various menu options would drive me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I've used my N95 8Gb side by side with a N73 (which are known to be maybe the slowest phone in the range - a real pile of ****) and the menu is far better on the 8Gb. It would match almost my 6300, there would be a tiny bit extra lag on occasions entering some things. Messaging is instant, camera is about 5 seconds to start up (not great), gps about 10-30 seconds to start and get a sat lock (fairly good), contacts instant and navigating the menu is instant (instant in all above = <50-150 milliseconds).

One of the differences in the n95 and n95 8gb is the menu was improved and sped up quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

i upgraded my firmware but i lost spiderman3 is there any way of getting it back on the phone mine cost 600 from cpw also got 120credit with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Can you instal windows mobile OS on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 phazor10

Make sure u back up the phone before u update firmware. You have to go into the setting and make sure it backs up phone memory and the mass memory. If u do that u can up date the firmware and the spiderman 3 movie works fine. It worked perfect for me but i lost the spiderman screensaver but thats no loss.Also if u read the little spiderman 3 book that came with the phone it says your allowed to make one backup copy of the movie.Has anyone found the GPS kinda crap, like maps are ok but loads of mistakes on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

phazor10 wrote: »
    Make sure u back up the phone before u update firmware. You have to go into the setting and make sure it backs up phone memory and the mass memory. If u do that u can up date the firmware and the spiderman 3 movie works fine. It worked perfect for me but i lost the spiderman screensaver but thats no loss.Also if u read the little spiderman 3 book that came with the phone it says your allowed to make one backup copy of the movie.Has anyone found the GPS kinda crap, like maps are ok but loads of mistakes on them.
    I've used my N95 8Gb side by side with a N73 (which are known to be maybe the slowest phone in the range - a real pile of ****) and the menu is far better on the 8Gb. It would match almost my 6300, there would be a tiny bit extra lag on occasions entering some things. Messaging is instant, camera is about 5 seconds to start up (not great), gps about 10-30 seconds to start and get a sat lock (fairly good), contacts instant and navigating the menu is instant (instant in all above = <50-150 milliseconds).

One of the differences in the n95 and n95 8gb is the menu was improved and sped up quite a bit.

Interesting, I've used the N95 (non-8gb) and the n73 side by side and I thought both were pure ****e, they just irritated me. Too slow to do anything, which is the same I've found of any Symbian 8 / 9 phone I've used so far!
    Turning them on takes over a minute. Crazy!
    I also found the browser on the N73 to be very poor - is it any better on the N95?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Anyone know if current (read: today) voda N95-8GB's are branded/locked or not?
    Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not branded anyway. Not sure if it is locked as I have not checked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I got a N82 and its fantastic. no dodgey slider , real flash with 5meg pix cam, up to 32gig micro sd cards, wifi, a-gprs, 3d accelerator,16million colour resolution screen. what more can you want.

keys are like grains on rice but you get used to them. also it doesnt look as expensive as it is which might be a good thing......

A+ is my verdict.

Not branded anyway. Not sure if it is locked as I have not checked.

Cheers, did it come in original Nokia box? If so I doubt its locked. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Got one from Vodafone on Friday, its not branded or locked to Vodafone, even came with Spiderman 3 preloaded, in its original nokia box.

Can anyone recommend some decent apps? Also, if I update the firmware will I lose my music files etc?

Excellent. Cheers.
    Backup before firmware and you should be fine.
    Goto allaboutsymbian.com as a first port of call for symbian related apps etc.. I'm sure there are N95 blogs out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Anyone know if O2 are or aren't bringing out the N95 on their Network? If not, hello Vodafone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

I have rang O2 about the 8gb release and they have said it is still in testing and don't have any confirmed date. I got the N95 from O2 a little while ago hopefully when the 8gb is out I will be due another upgrade.

• Advertisement

Nephew wrote: »
    Got one from Vodafone on Friday, its not branded or locked to Vodafone, even came with Spiderman 3 preloaded, in its original nokia box.

Can anyone recommend some decent apps? Also, if I update the firmware will I lose my music files etc?

Well I got mine. Not branded on box, Spiderman etc on box, however it is locked to Vodafone.

UPDATE: I spoke to soon!! It needed a voda sim to get it rolling. It would not start otherwise (I got a "Start Up Failed: Contact your phone reseller" at the handshake) Once I went through the setup et al, I switched off and popped in my 3 sim and it worked a charm! Happy Days.

P.S: here is a good software link to get you rolling:
    http://n95blog.com/25-must-have-applicatons-for-your-nokia-n95/

Advertisement