Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new soya ice-cream, available in tesco!

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

for any non-dairy eaters out there; Walls HB now have a tub of soya ice-cream for sale!!! strawberry and vanilla. i had a look on the net, but i couldn't find any links on it, so you'll have to believe me! available in tesco (dun laoghaire and stillorgan for sure ;)) but still as pricey as the sweedish glace stuff you get in the health food shops. ah well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh, i also found a whipped soya cream in nourish on liffey street in dublin. i had never seen it before and it was a nice change from those little cartons of soya single creem :) went very well with sticky toffee puddings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Ah! Very good, will keep a look out

new ice-cream!!! i was just in tesco half an hour ago and picked up chocolate soya HB ice-cream! much tastier than the sweedish glace chocolate one, i have to say. Ate a little when it thawed somewhat on the way home and it was like eating chocolate mousse :D

the new ice-cream looks like: http://www.hbicecream.ie/ie_en/products/HB_Soya/HB_Soya/121/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

You like your ice cream...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

when you are a vegan I imagine you might start missing ice cream!

• Advertisement

Your not a Vegan sweet?

I loves me dairy....I think I'll contemplate sucide if they start factory farming dairy cows in this country.

i am vegan :D this ice-cream is such a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Thats great - will keep my eyes peeled for that one!1

Thanks for the heads up!

Mmmm I bought the strawberry and vanilla one yesterday and kept going back to the freezer for a spoonful!! Its lovely!

yey! i have to admit i have a tub of both in my freezer :) a treat indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah you have seen the light, it is so goooood.

Strawberry and vanilla just sounds somehow wrong.

Eat it, be converted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dynastygal

Although it looks nice, it wouldn't feel right giving to a company that profits mostly from exploitation of bovines.

i'd imagine that would be the case for plenty of companies which supply food. e.g. your local supermarket.

My local supermarket aren't a market aimed at providing a particular item though. The supermarket supplies what is voted for with the buyers money. I.e. I buy lots of soya milk, so they'll see it's being sold so they'll stock it more. Things that don't sell well don't get stocked continuously. Whereas with this company, it makes solely ice cream products/ice lollie products. There is very little chance it'll change it's place in the ice cream market.

Could the same not be said, the more soya ice cream bought the more weight in manufacturing it will be given.

It could be said, but given this is a new brand, and the history of walls has always been dairy ice cream...I'm not sure much is gonna change as far as they're concerned. I'd rather put my money towards ethical companies who make the same sort've product; like swedish glace. That way you're giving money to an ethical company and encouraging their products to be stocked by supermarkets.

Ah buy both. hehe ;)
    It's nice to see somebody with a pure dairy background start having soya products and introducing new ones as time goes on.

Ah buy both. hehe ;)
    It's nice to see somebody with a pure dairy background start having soya products and introducing new ones as time goes on.

• Advertisement

Ah buy both. hehe ;)

very good point :) they are accepting the demand and change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

i had the strawberry one at my mum's and quite liked it. she finally gave up trying to get me to eat some "proper dairy filled dessert". Even though she's veggie, she can't understand how i don't eat dairy.

anyway I understand their reasonings behind entering the dairy free market, but it feels like a butcher selling Quorn.

Turns out Unilever owns Walls...another reason not to buy it.

Eat it, be converted!

I don't know if I am converted but that was an expierence

Ah she has found it most appealing. ;)

it has been brought to my attention that tesco are selling the chocolate HB soya ice-cream at half-price! Only €2.49 a tub. Offer ends 5th of August. ;) i picked up one sweetly priced one today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Ice cream made from a legume just doesn't seem right to me. :confused:

Just got the strawberry and vanilla one for half price, soooo nyom.

cozmik wrote: »
    Ice cream made from a legume just doesn't seem right to me. :confused:

Ah go on try it. It is only 2.49 at the minute in tesco. I'll brand you a coaward of you don't!

I tried chocolate yesterday, it was really good. I usually hate chocolate ice-cream.

So what is the consenus...strawberry and vanilla ftw?

• Advertisement

I too got me a tub of the choc one on Saturday - I just wish I had a bigger freezer instead of that excuse for one that is at the top of my fridge!!

I am going to be struggling to get into my clothes with all this new yummy ice cream around!!!

Advertisement