Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Universe

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.tvrage.com/The_Universe

Just wondering if anyone has seen this, i watched a episode a few months back it was decent enough but not very factual it was what scientists theorised extraterrestrial life would be like. Was good but i never saw another episode.

Anyway its over now so i decided to watch them i havent really watched space documentaries since i was very young because i picke dup most of my knowledge from them and factual sci-fi shows but i didn't know how recent this show is.

Its been written since September so its very up-to-date and covers launches that are very recent like the launch during the summer (the probe going to mars) but if you haven't been following space exploration on web sites/news this would be worth a watch because although some of the stuff they say a 8 year old should know it doesn't matter because you can browse the net while its on in the background and there are some interesting things i didnt know like for example they found a rock from mars in the antarctic in the late 60's or 70's and it was misfiled as a metorite and only discovered a while back, anyway apparently there was what they think is a old fosalised worm type creature and i had never heard about that little discovery so there are some interesting things even for people who have watched too many of those type of shows before.

EDIT: Another thing i didn't know was that nasa backed a program to build a ai/nucular sub to go to Europa (one of jupiters moons) to go into one of its frozen lakes (they think the conditions are VERY much like the antartic that its actually a frozen over but liquid under its surface) anyway i didn't know nasa had now backed the project

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

they the shows that are on one of the sky documentry channels (actually they've been on several different channels over last 1/2 years), not sure but they might also be on one of the RTEs on sat or sun mornin.

pretty good stuff, watched the one about the sun last week or so, id recommend them, they focus on one particular object/object type each show, some of the ones i remember are planetoids, jupiter, sun, mars.

they are very uptodate, the mars on features the two rovers.

might i also suggest hubblecast here

Advertisement