Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

RSA Canceling a Test

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Ok, I'm not going to go on a big, long rant on the whole driving test situation because everyone has heard it before. But today I received a letter today which really p*ssed me off.

The RSA canceled my test. Has anyone else heard of this happening because its news to me?

I will have had my provisional for two years now (i.e. it will expire) come February. I made my application in June 2006 and my first test date was at the end of Feb. 2007. I had to cancel this as I had exams. Then I got my next date in July, but had to cancel it again! I got the letter just before I left to go on holiday. So a couple of weeks ago - I finally got a test letter with a test that I can finally sit! But now today I got a letter saying that my test has been canceled due to "sudden unforeseen circumstances".

Quite frankly I find this ridiculous. It might be ok if I could ever get through to a person when I try to ring. I can just see them giving me another test that I can't take!

Is this possibly because of 2nd provisional license holders being given priority? Or is it really just as annoying as it seems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bryanw wrote: »
    Is this possibly because of 2nd provisional license holders being given priority? Or is it really just as annoying as it seems?

I doubt they know what kind of provisionals applicants are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

bryanw wrote: »
    But now today I got a letter saying that my test has been canceled due to "sudden unforeseen circumstances".

It could be worse. I got a call on the morning of my test (a monday, about 9:30). The tester was out sick, and there are only 2 sub testers in the country according to the caller. After explaining that i had missed a day's work, he said that all he could do was to arrange for a new appointment as soon as possible. Turns out that meant putting me at the end of the 'short notice' waiting list for that centre.

I later heard from my instructor that other people due to be tested on that day had been cancelled on the previous week. If it was a long term illness, why wasn't i warned too? Not Impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

It happened to me the first time I did my test. They arranged another test a couple of weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

You've cancelled two exams already, so maybe you should have a little understanding.

Advertisement