Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

John 5

• 27-11-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Been listening to his latest album, The Devil Knows My Name, a lot recently, some beautiful music on there!

Satch and EJ both feature too.

Really into it at the mo, he's gifted, no questions there, but it's how diverse his playing is on top of it! Any fans here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I love his stuff, sadly i dont have a lot of it, he was good with manson but GREAT without him. Some top notch stuff. Who knew when when i was listening to manson years ago that hed go off and record with meat loaf...haha, just shows how diverse he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kilboy

i still listen to vertigo every odd week, prime example of a guitar mastered

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Patricide wrote: »
    I love his stuff, sadly i dont have a lot of it, he was good with manson but GREAT without him. Some top notch stuff. Who knew when when i was listening to manson years ago that hed go off and record with meat loaf...haha, just shows how diverse he is.

A good guitar player can play with any one and doesn't care who he plays with, example, slash with Michael Jackson, John 5 is a pure genius on the guitar and one of many heros of mine!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

got ''The Devil Knows My Name'' a couple of weeks ago, i loved it but you can get soo sick of it too quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I've heard some of his solo stuff, and I remember liking it, but I've never gotten around to getting an album. It was definitely on my to do list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

then put it back on the to do list, cracking stuff to be missing out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Spent more time listening to TDKMN, it should be required listening for people who appreciate instrumental music! Karl, get some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I'll get around to it at some stage, don't you worry guys, it will be given a purchase. Maybe Santa will bring me a copy? ;)

Or even a voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Just bought it can't wait to listen to it, there is a version of "welcome to the jungle" on it!!!!!! any one hear it????

• Advertisement
Advertisement