Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi from leixlip to dub

Options
  • 27-11-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

anyone got an idea on average prices from dub town centre to leixlip after a night out? and for on the way into town is there an alternative i.e bus/train to keep the cost down?

cheers all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

You could get the 66N Nitelink home instead? Taxi to Leixlip isn't cheap. Plenty of trains and buses going to Dublin from Leixlip. The 67 Bus for one, look on Dublinbus.ie. And check irishrail.ie for train times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

66N Nitelink, leaves from Westmoreland, further up than the normal busstop. Mondays-Thursdays it's the 67N. The train is the Maynooth line, it stops at Louisa Bridge and Confey. Busses to Leixlip are the 66, 66B and 66A (goes up the Hill though). And the D, but it only goes twice a day.

Taxi would be €35 if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i usually pay bout 25 for a taxi, between 4 people thats not too bad.nightlink is 4euro so pay a little bit more and your home quicker and ya wont have some scumbag startin on ya for no reason on the fightlink.definately get the train in.2 euro and in town in 25mins.plus you can drink on it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Clare Bear wrote: »
    You could get the 66N Nitelink home instead? Taxi to Leixlip isn't cheap. Plenty of trains and buses going to Dublin from Leixlip. The 67 Bus for one, look on Dublinbus.ie. And check irishrail.ie for train times.
    Erm, the 67 doesn't goto Leixlip*. The 66 goes to/from Leixlip.

As for the taxi, since the new taxi fare laws, prices have dropped from €50 plus, to about €30. Ask the driver before you get in, and you're usually grand. If they look at you blankly, and ask where it is, don't say Kildare, just say it's the town next to Lucan:D

*except on Sunday mornings at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I think she was talking about the 67N, which does indeed go to Leixlip on weekdays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I got a taxi from georges st to my door in maynooth, E38,split betweem 4, not tat bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lotimul

Topmark Cabs in Leixlip are the most reliable and reasonable service. Their number is 01 624 7500 or go to www.topmarkcabs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I get a taxi home from town to Leixlip sometimes.

Find a queue of taxis, walk up to the first and say "I'll give you 20 quid to take me to Leixlip", rinse and repeat.

I always find one (not too long after the first), who will take me/us for 20 quid..

Its a 15 minute drive late at night..

Advertisement